• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boge
    Banned
    • Sep 2008

Uber-Patriots

Here we go. People are caught at all different places of development of their consciousness, ranging from indifferent, emerging ethnic consciousness, patriotic, and uber-patriotic. Both poles are kind of ultimately destructive.

The indifferent ones make you want to knock your head against a wall, in frustration at reaching them.

Whilst the other end are usually very good at hating and not being able to see individual difference.

I know that alot of Macedonians who are actually proud, prefer to remain quiet, in case they are associated with the extremists.

So as far as our community is concerned the ubers are actually a reason why many talented people are keeping their distance...I don't like seeing this, but, this what I have seen...it's present here in this forum. And has been perstent for a long time.

So let us do a Uber poll, who are the Ubers here on the MTO.
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Boge View Post
    Here we go. People are caught at all different places of development of their consciousness, ranging from indifferent, emerging ethnic consciousness, patriotic, and uber-patriotic. Both poles are kind of ultimately destructive.

The indifferent ones make you want to knock your head against a wall, in frustration at reaching them.

Whilst the other end are usually very good at hating and not being able to see individual difference.

I know that alot of Macedonians who are actually proud, prefer to remain quiet, in case they are associated with the extremists.

So as far as our community is concerned the ubers are actually a reason why many talented people are keeping their distance...I don't like seeing this, but, this what I have seen...it's present here in this forum. And has been perstent for a long time.

How would a person be Judged as a Uber. Its just a matter of opinion i supose. There is no real mesuring stick or a drawn line that seperates a Proud Patriotic from a Uber- Nationalist or extremist.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• osiris
      • Sep 2008

uber alles or just uber, because there is a difference.

Comment

• Prolet
        • Sep 2009

Osiris, Uber Alles means above all.

Maybe he is thinking about the Macedonians who think they are above everyone else?
        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Boge,

Are you actually going to contribute anything sensible? Perhaps you could start with your own definition of the Macedonian cause so we can determine what a "moderate" patriot like yourself should believe in and how they should undertake their activism. Please enlighten us.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• osiris
            • Sep 2008

yeah prolet you understood me well some people will always think their shit is better then other peoples, but its still shit no matter how uber it is.

vangelovski man really who gives a fuck, all this bullshit about a good patriot and a bad one usually comes from people who do nothing for the cause but complain and deride.

boge get your act together and focus your intelligence and creativity in helping the cause rather then fighting windmills.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Seriously, you are going to have to define the term before we can discuss it. Define an "uber patriot". Provide examples of Macedonian extremists.

As an example, I have been hearing little hints from sections of the Adelaide Macedonian communities that I am somehow doing the wrong thing on this forum. Perhaps I am being too "extremist" in my views. I can't be sure Boge, because I do not know what you mean by it. But if a belief in the Macedonian Cause is considered wrong ... then, quite frankly, I don't want to be right.

More Macedonians than I care to admit keep saying the name is non-negotiable. Then say it would be ok to modify it in order to gain membership of certain hallowed institutions. They are the ones who should bang their head due to their indifference and their shallow ethnic consciousness. One hundred years ago, they would have been the "Serbs" and "Greeks" in Macedonia. Their time is up.

Indifference is far more damaging to Macedonians than uber-patriotism.

Again, you are going to have to define terms Boge. If you don't, it will indicate you are simply at a basic level of awareness. Which means you have nothing to share with us. I hope this is not the case.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bratot
                • Sep 2008

I have no problem being viewed even as a uber super duper extremly patriotic person, nowadays it's even kinda flattering to say that ..for a Macedonian.
                The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Volk
                  • Sep 2008

If anyone is extreme here, it is in words only
                  Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Thank God for that Volk. I started to think maybe I was an extremist for wanting Macedonia to be called Macedonia.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

This appears to be UMD's answer to the "wingnuts" in Australia - the Gligorovist sympathisers (both UMD and non-UMD alike) have tried this many times over the years - yet they lack the intellectual, moral and patriotic capacity to back up what they actually mean by "extreme" (in this case the "uber patriots") and why their vassal politics and capitulation is a "better" option for the Macedonian people...or should I say, yet to be named people.

On another note, it appears that our suspicions about MP and his deliberate timing of the Rann affair to coincide with Meto's arrival may have been justified after all. Here's what the Wiz Kid has so say in an email recently sent to "fellow Macedonians in Australia and New Zealand":
                      Immediately upon my arrival, we set out to defend our Macedonian identity. No sleeping! A video began circulating on YouTube of the South Australian Premier Mike Rann slandering the Macedonian community and claiming that Macedonians are stealing the "history" of Greeks. Following comments, phone calls, and letters by the outraged Macedonian community in Adelaide and throughout Australia, every mainstream newspaper in Australia reported about the situation. We made sure everyone heard about it!

What a pathetic attempt to gain "street cred" in Australia by an organisation that still believes an "acceptable" name change exists and supports the two capitulations that will eventually destroy any idea of a free Macedonian republic - the Interim Accord and the Framework Agreement.

While we're on the topic of those two agreements, where exactly does "Boge" the "tough" from Port Kembla (according to ZAS) stand on these?

Last edited by Vangelovski; 03-19-2010, 09:32 PM.
                      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Prolet
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Volk View Post
                        If anyone is extreme here, it is in words only
                        Volk, Its not just with words there are extremists with tupajnci too, you'll be surprised how many people are prepared to punch on over such issues.

As an example, I have been hearing little hints from sections of the Adelaide Macedonian communities that I am somehow doing the wrong thing on this forum. Perhaps I am being too "extremist" in my views. I can't be sure Boge, because I do not know what you mean by it. But if a belief in the Macedonian Cause is considered wrong ... then, quite frankly, I don't want to be right.
                        Risto, You are not doing anything wrong and you are hardly an extremist you just want what is right nothing more. You dont have that hate about you that makes you an extremist, we've been putting up with racism for almost a centry so they cant exactly blame us here for it. If we look at the Greek and Bulgarian nationalist forums they are far worse at least we recognize them as a country and as people i cant say the same about they recognizing us.
                        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Mikail
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post

What you're doing RTG is just fine! You, like me and many others are proud we are Macedonian.

Rogi was right to raise the former Titoists in boags other bullshit thread. No apologies to those who didn't like those comments but the truth is the truth.

If we are Macedonian then we are ALL Macedonian. No matter if you used to support Tito or not. The difference being non Tito supporters were always only Macedonian.

Look forward to meeting you all tonight.
                          From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• osiris
                            • Sep 2008

This appears to be UMD's answer to the "wingnuts" in Australia - the Gligorovist sympathisers (both UMD and non-UMD alike) have tried this many times over the years - yet they lack the intellectual, moral and patriotic capacity to back up what they actually mean by "extreme" (in this case the "uber patriots") and why their vassal politics and capitulation is a "better" option for the Macedonian people...or should I say, yet to be named people.

On another note, it appears that our suspicions about MP and his deliberate timing of the Rann affair to coincide with Meto's arrival may have been justified after all. Here's what the Wiz Kid has so say in an email recently sent to "fellow Macedonians in Australia and New Zealand":
                            Quote:
                            Immediately upon my arrival, we set out to defend our Macedonian identity. No sleeping! A video began circulating on YouTube of the South Australian Premier Mike Rann slandering the Macedonian community and claiming that Macedonians are stealing the "history" of Greeks. Following comments, phone calls, and letters by the outraged Macedonian community in Adelaide and throughout Australia, every mainstream newspaper in Australia reported about the situation. We made sure everyone heard about it!

What a pathetic attempt to gain "street cred" in Australia by an organisation that still believes an "acceptable" name change exists and supports the two capitulations that will eventually destroy any idea of a free Macedonian republic - the Interim Accord and the Framework Agreement.
                            thats exactly why i think the umd is a self serving and ultimately irrelevant organization.

the above is not the first nor will it be the last time they try to take credit for everything and inflate their sense of importance.

meto you wanker you should be ashamed of yourself.

Comment

• Volk
                              • Sep 2008

Volk, Its not just with words there are extremists with tupajnci too, you'll be surprised how many people are prepared to punch on over such issues.
                              If that's what an extremist is you have proven my point.
                              Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

Working...
                              X