X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Bad Sven
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
    Fatso, what's your experience of mixed marriages and their interactions, not so much from a greek and Macedonian perspective but rather the more common greek and albanian unions...

“Greeks” and Albanians have been “mixing” for so long now I think it would be safe to say that almost half of Greases population is of mixed marriage to Albanians

And then you have the Vlach

Comment

• fatso
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
      “Greeks” and Albanians have been “mixing” for so long now I think it would be safe to say that almost half of Greases population is of mixed marriage to Albanians

And then you have the Vlach
      Yeah, and lets not forget the other theories. Greece has a mix of : Ethiopians, Persians and Martians...

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Fatso, the Albanian origins of modern Greeks is not a theory, it is a fact. At the time of independence, Athens was an Albanian village, that is not me saying it as a Macedonian, that is simply the truth. You have seen the supporting evidence, do you wish to see it again?
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Thanks for the warm welcome guys...

C'mon now Fatso, although the other theory that... "Greece has a mix of : Ethiopians, Persians and Martians" might be stretching the truth somewhat, particularly in reference to the Martians, its still a far more plausible reality even including the Martians, than the '99% homogenity theory' pushed by successive greek governments.

Even within your relatively small circle of friends and relatives you cite examples of both Macedonian and albanian intermarriage with greeks...I really wonder how common and how diverse these marriages actually are in greece itself, not just the diaspora.

The reality is blurred thanks largely to the meddling and the chauvinist policies of the greek church in greece itself and within the diaspora communities, the greek church runs the most nationalistic agenda in not just the Balkans but possibly the entire World.

Comment

• Jankovska
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
            Its an extreme response Jankovska, for me as long as the other party is Christian i guess its ok. I dont mean some kind of a sect i mean a proper Christian Religion preferably Orthodox and European Culture. Sure they can be friends with whoever they want however once it comes to mixing blood certain steps need to be taken.

Just no Gjupci or Mudjahadeens.

Phoenix, Welcome to the Forum its good to have you on board
            I am an extreme kinda a lady, what can you do.
            My child can marry whoever they want but if they marry an Albanian or Greek I will stop being their mother/They probablly will think it's not fair but hey sooner or later they will learn life is unfair and family is the most importnat thing in the world.

Comment

• julie
              • May 2009

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
              Hi Julie,

Perhaps I could have been a little more subtle with regards to my language, I do apologize, but I was feeling a little dreadful at the time.

I should qualify my statement by adding that in my experience this is an Aegean phenomenon.
              all good, and pozdrav
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Prolet
                • Sep 2009

I am an extreme kinda a lady, what can you do.
                My child can marry whoever they want but if they marry an Albanian or Greek I will stop being their mother/They probablly will think it's not fair but hey sooner or later they will learn life is unfair and family is the most importnat thing in the world.
                Jankovska, What about Bulgarian,Serbian or Gjupci/Kosovari?? If Greeks and Albanians are bad then the others are not much better.

did your parents tell you the same thing when you were younger??
                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Jankovska
                  • Sep 2008

i don't care about the rest, Kosovari in my opinion are Albanians hhowever.
                  No they didn't but they raised me in a way that i knew already and didn't need anyone to tell me. I'll make sure my kid know too

Comment

• fatso
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                    Thanks for the warm welcome guys...

C'mon now Fatso, although the other theory that... "Greece has a mix of : Ethiopians, Persians and Martians" might be stretching the truth somewhat, particularly in reference to the Martians, its still a far more plausible reality even including the Martians, than the '99% homogenity theory' pushed by successive greek governments.

Even within your relatively small circle of friends and relatives you cite examples of both Macedonian and albanian intermarriage with greeks...I really wonder how common and how diverse these marriages actually are in greece itself, not just the diaspora.

The reality is blurred thanks largely to the meddling and the chauvinist policies of the greek church in greece itself and within the diaspora communities, the greek church runs the most nationalistic agenda in not just the Balkans but possibly the entire World.

Your right , I never said Greece was a pure aryan race. Greece has a huge make of of other ethnicities.....we all have different opinions on the numbers.

As far as the Greek church , I partially agree with you. I have dealt with Greek Priests first hand. Believe it or not I was in business with one. But, then again I have met many who were exceptional.

Comment

• fatso
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                      Fatso, the Albanian origins of modern Greeks is not a theory, it is a fact. At the time of independence, Athens was an Albanian village, that is not me saying it as a Macedonian, that is simply the truth. You have seen the supporting evidence, do you wish to see it again?
                      Never doubted that, only the figures some spew out.

Comment

• MapleLeaf1
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
                        The Macedonians end up taking it in the arse, especially if the male partner is Greek. Baba and dedo magically become papous and giga, the children are sent to Greek school and if it is at all possible, these offspring will never have any idea that they are anything but pure Greek.
                        100 % EB, let me add some insight too, even if the male is a grkoman this happens as well, he calles(d) his grandparents Baba/Dedo yet his offsprings call his parents papoo and yaya

Comment

Working...
                        X