Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Prolet, the church issue has existed for decades, Kosovo independence for less than 2 years. Where was the SOC recognition for the last few decades? Veter vo magla, Kosovo or no Kosovo, they never had any intention of recognising us. Either all of these priests and politicians are as slow as snails, or they all think we are sheep that can have the wool pulled over our eyes without a fuss. Judging by their actions, the latter seems more probable, as it doesn't take decades to solve a church dispute.

I don't know who the prestavnik is in Constantinople, perhaps they can send Petreta......
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
      • Jan 2009

We are still waiting for this soonish announcement that the Russian church will recognize or even HELP the MOC

I have always been of the opinion that the Macedonians would have more support and have been treated with more respect and dignity if we where catholic, or even bloody muslim or Looney tunes Mormons. We probably would have had a united Macedonia. To bad where stuck with corrupt and backwards caveman, our orthodox brothers

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
        • Jan 2009

You are dreaming if you think Demetrios Arhondonis (Constantinople Patriarch) is going to help the MOC, he probably is of the opinion that the MOC should be part of the SOC and macedonia is "Greek" - which is the what every Looney toon religious "greek" fanatic shouts out every day.

The issue of the MOC has been going on for to long, Demetrios Arhondonis and his counter part in Russia should have the balls to stand up and help the poor Macedonian people. Because of their silence, they have allowed the MOC church to be treated with out any dignity or respect within the Orthodox world.

Until that day I view the Orthodox hierarchy as nothing more then a joke and another tool used by macedonias enemys to brainwash/humiliate/destroy the Macedonian people.

With the rest of the Orthodox world turning a blind eye in regards to the poor Macedonians, and hearing of the stupid squabbling between the Macedonians churches in Australia, it makes me thing what a sad and pathetic state the orthodox world is in today.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
          We are still waiting for this soonish announcement that the Russian church will recognize or even HELP the MOC
          The ROC is full of itself, the self-proclaimed third Rome hasn't done a thing to assist the MOC. It is not in their interest to help this biblical people (Macedonians) that gave the brothers and students who produced the letters in which they now write.

It's all games. They say they support the MOC yet refuse to do the right thing by us as their Orthodox 'brothers', instead preffering to take sides in the issue, backing the Serbs. Then, on the flip side, they sell dreams about Orthodox 'unity' to the Serbs and watch them lose Kosovo without lifting a finger to help (despite the empty rhetoric and endless barking). I am well past being frustrated with the zealot idiots in these two groups (Russians and Serbs), I know for a fact that they have among them some very good people, perhaps most of them are like that, but when idiots reign supreme sometimes the good can only sit back and watch their kinsmen at work. I have some good Serb and Greek friends, you know, normal people, who look at the Orthodox link between us as something of a bond, not as a tool for claiming one or the other.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Serbian Orthodox patriarch dies

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

The head of the Serbian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Pavle, has died in Belgrade, the Church has announced.

The patriarch, 95, became leader of the Church in 1990. He was admitted to the city's military hospital two years ago.

Though he reportedly suffered from heart and lung conditions, the Church did not specify the cause of death.

Most of Serbia's population of seven million people are Orthodox Christians. President Boris Tadic said this was "an irredeemable death" for the nation.

"There are people who bond entire nations and Pavle was such a person," Mr Tadic said in a statement.

"His death is also my personal loss," the president said.

Bishop Amfilohije, who has served as acting head of the church during most of Pavle's illness, broke into tears as he held a prayer after announcing the death.

Bells tolled from Serbian churches, as the government announced three days of mourning, beginning on Monday.

Another bishop, Lavrentije, said the patriarch's death was no reason to be sad.

"The Serbian people now have someone to represent them before God better than anyone else," Lavrentije said.

The Church's highest body, the Holy Synod, may announce as early as Monday when a new patriarch will be chosen - usually after at least 40 days.

Serb interests

Pavle was a respected theologian and linguist, known for personal humility and modesty.

After the fall of communism and rise of Serb nationalism, the Church regained a leading role during his rule.

At the beginning of the Balkan wars that followed the dissolution of Yugoslavia in the early 1990s, Pavle said - according to Serbian state television: "It is our oath not to make a single child cry or sadden a single old woman because they are of another religion or nation."

But critics accused him of failing to contain hardline bishops and priests who supported Serb paramilitaries against Catholic Croats and Bosnian Muslims.

After those wars, Pavle became more directly involved - openly criticising Serbian President Slobodan Milosevic, after he lost Kosovo following Nato's intervention.

Since then, the Serbian Orthodox Church has strongly supported the Serbian government in its efforts to stop Kosovo's independence drive.

"Kosovo is not only a question of territory, it is a question of our spiritual being," he said after Kosovo's declaration of independence.

The text highlighted in bold reveals he was a liar.
            Perhaps the next one will be better.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Perhaps the next one can move forward and have the SOC fully recognize the MOC so we can get past the garbage? Or perhaps not.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Apparently Petar is attending the funeral, anybody with a link to the story, please post it.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

Of course Petar would be attending because he is Serbofile when it comes to the church matters.They beleive that Moc should join up with sOC.SOC i don't think even recognises MOC.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                    Apparently Petar is attending the funeral, anybody with a link to the story, please post it.
                    What a diplomatic nightmare. Going to the funeral of a person representing a group that does not recognise you. Send him a postcard from Ohrid instead!
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Prolet
                      • Sep 2009

Petar and Timotej are going to the funeral which will be held tomorrow.

Иринеј: Ако дојдат од Скопје, добродојдени се

„Ако дојдат од Скопје, добредојдени се, тоа е убав гест, меѓутоа не се делегација“, немаат официјален статус.

Митрополитот на Српската православна црква, Иринеј ова го рече набројувајќи ги црковните делегации, кои ќе присуствуваат на погребот на српскиот патријарх Павле, закажан за четврток крај Белград.

Епископот Бачки рече дека СПЦ не упатила покана до Македонската православна црква, но додаде „ако дојдат од Скопје, добредојдени се, тоа е убав гест, меѓутоа не се делегација“, пренесе Фонет.

СПЦ не ја признава автокефалноста на МПЦ, од каде најавија дека двајца митрополитите ќе присуствуваат на погребот на патријархот Павле.

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Prolet
                        • Sep 2009

Russian Bishop visits Macedonia

A high ranking Bishop from Russia is in Macedonia to push for solving the church dispute with Serbia (SPC)

YouTube - *уска црковна делегација во Охрид Македонија
                        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

What the hell does the MPC have to solve with the Serbian Church!
                          I would suggest the Bishop should be talking about the Russian church and its relationship with the Macedonian church. Nothing else.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Prolet
                            • Sep 2009

Risto, I think the Russians are offering to be mediators, we have a good friendship with the Russian Orthodox Church, if they can put some pressure on SPS it would be great.

The main reason why the delegation is in Stari Kraj is because of the holly Sveti Kliment which is today and Tomorrow is Sveti Gjorgjija. Its the first time a high ranking Bishop from Russia has ever come for this Praznik.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Who needs mediators? At Pavle's funeral wasn't the renegade lunatic priest Jovan given more respect than the REAL Macedonian clergy? Seriously, the Serbian church should see this bloke. Not the Macedonian church. The Macedonian church does not need dialogue, it is the other idiots that need to cut the bullshit.

Question 1 to the bishop: Does the Russian Orthodox Church have a problem with the MPC?
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Prolet
                                • Sep 2009

Risto, Answer 1, Ofcourse it doesnt we are good mates they wont be coming if we wernt.

Right now we need to get closer to the Orthodox churches, the Russian Church supports our church. As for that Raskolnik Vranishkovski he is a traitor and his name is not worth mentioning, he has just made up a church and even his cronies are running away from him.

Risto, Here is my question to you, what do the Serb Bishops see in a renegade rebel like the Raskolnik Vraniskovski??

Comment

Working...
                                X