X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Epirot
    • Mar 2010

Here I found something that may be interesting for the topic:

From among the various nationalities who lived in this part of Macedonia (Macedonian's, Vlach's and some Albanian's), a Republican Council was elected with 60 members - 20 representatives of each nationality. The Council chose an executive body, called the Provisional Government, with six members (2 from each nationality), whose duty it was to ensure law and order and see to such things as supplies, finances, and medical care. The "Krusevo Manifesto" was published. Written by Nikola Karev himself, it outlined the aims of the Uprising, calling upon the population to join forces with the government in the struggle against tyranny and enslavement to attain freedom and independence.
    For further reading:

So, even Macedonian sites recognize Albanian contribution on this glorious struggle...so attempts to deny Albanian contribution (like BBS did) are not fair!
    IF OUR CHRONICLES DO NOT LIE, WE CALL OURSELVES AS EPIROTES!

Comment

• Mastika
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by osiris View Post
      i have heard that mother theresa's father was in vmro can anyone throw some light on this subject.
      Her father was an Aromanian from Shkoder, Albania. He was involved with the Vlach association in Skopje after the family moved there. It is unlikely that he was in VMRO, but you never know.

Comment

• Mastika
        • Feb 2010

I think that Albanians and Macedonians will and should have a future together, given the many commonalities between our countries. HOWEVER, this can only happen when Albanians stop wanting to destroy Macedonia, and only when the Macedonian minority in Albania is granted full minority rights.

Comment

• Epirot
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Mastika View Post
          Her father was an Aromanian from Shkoder, Albania. He was involved with the Vlach association in Skopje after the family moved there. It is unlikely that he was in VMRO, but you never know.
          Mastika ... Mother Teresa never said that she was of Vlach (or Aromunian) descent. She felt herself as Albanian not as Aromunian.

'Gonxhe' is an Albanian name denoting rosebud, whereas 'Bojaxhiu' is a common surname of Albanian families of Prizren.

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

Epirot, You provide the parallel that Mother Teresa was born in Macedonia.
            I was born in Australia.

I am an Australian Macedonian .
            She was a Macedonian citizen.
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Mastika
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Epirot View Post
              Mastika ... Mother Teresa never said that she was of Vlach (or Aromunian) descent. She felt herself as Albanian not as Aromunian.

'Gonxhe' is an Albanian name denoting rosebud, whereas 'Bojaxhiu' is a common surname of Albanian families of Prizren.
              My understanding is that her grandparents on her fathers side were originally from Moscopole (Aromanian city). Her father was from Shkoder and so was her mother (Albanian woman). She would have grown up speaking Albanian at home and thus felt herself to be Albanian, even if she was half-Aromanian.

As for surnames, dont forget 100 years ago surnames were anything but definitive.

Comment

• osiris
                • Sep 2008

so can we keep this thread free of personal attacks and if we dont not reach a common conclusion simply and civilly agree to disagree

Comment

• Prolet
                  • Sep 2009

Epirot, Where do you originate from??

Mother Tereza is born in Skopje and if you know anything about Skopje she was born in Vlashko Maalo which is where Ulica Makedonija is (City Square of Skopje) There has never been up till this day any Albanians that lived there all the Albanians in Skopje are from Chajir onwards (Across the Vardar River). Mother Tereza is a Vlach with roots from Albania, her father was Nikola Bojadziu a typical Vlach name and her mother was a Vlach from Albania. Albania is a strong hold for the Vlachs, Mihajlo Pupin the man who invented long distance calls was a Vlach from Vevchani (Born in Vojvodina) however his parents emigrated from Albania to Vevchani (Strusko) they were Vlachs. So Mother Teresa is as Albanian as Mihajlo Pupin, you should look around and see how many Vlachs are there in Albania you'll be surprised.

YouTube - Pictures with important aromanians
                  МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Epirot
                    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                    so can we keep this thread free of personal attacks and if we dont not reach a common conclusion simply and civilly agree to disagree
                    I did not attack personally nobody!
                    I respect all opinions here though some of them I oppose.
                    Until now I am surprised because all of Macedonian members can discuss normally as civilizied people, a thing that I never met on ''Greek'' side. I debated with them more than 2 years. It is very hard to find a single '''Greek''' which can keep conversation without irritable state, nervous and insultings.

Comment

• Epirot
                      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                      Epirot, Where do you originate from??

Mother Tereza is born in Skopje and if you know anything about Skopje she was born in Vlashko Maalo which is where Ulica Makedonija is (City Square of Skopje) There has never been up till this day any Albanians that lived there all the Albanians in Skopje are from Chajir onwards (Across the Vardar River). Mother Tereza is a Vlach with roots from Albania, her father was Nikola Bojadziu a typical Vlach name and her mother was a Vlach from Albania. Albania is a strong hold for the Vlachs, Mihajlo Pupin the man who invented long distance calls was a Vlach from Vevchani (Born in Vojvodina) however his parents emigrated from Albania to Vevchani (Strusko) they were Vlachs. So Mother Teresa is as Albanian as Mihajlo Pupin, you should look around and see how many Vlachs are there in Albania you'll be surprised.

l]
                      To be honest, I never heard of any Catholic Vlach in Albania.
                      Prolet I don't understand why is problem nationality of Mother Teresa. Mother Teresa spent his life in supporting poor people and spreading peace message to all people of the world. Mother Teresa did not make any difference of people. For her all of people were the same and equal to the God.

Everything may be likely. But what I consider as most important is how Mother Teresa herself perceived her origin and nationality.

Here is an interesting article which speaks volume:

By blood, I am Albanian. By citizenship, an Indian. By faith, I am a Catholic nun. As to my calling, I belong to the world. As to my heart, I belong entirely to the Heart of Jesus. ”Small of stature, rocklike in faith, Mother Teresa of Calcutta was entrusted with the mission of proclaiming God’s thirsting love for humanity, especially for the poorest of the poor. “God still loves the world and He sends you and me to be His love and His compassion to the poor.” She was a soul filled with the light of Christ, on fire with love for Him and burning with one desire: “to quench His thirst for love and for souls.”

http://www.vatican.va/news_services/...teresa_en.html
                      I brought up this article not from any Albanian site or influenced by the Albanians but it is from Vatican site.

Mother Teresa (26 August 1910 – 5 September 1997), born Agnesė Gonxhe Bojaxhiu (pronounced [aɡˈnɛs ˈɡɔndʒe bɔjaˈdʒiu]), was an Albanian[2][3] Catholic nun with Indian citizenship[4] who founded the Missionaries of Charity in Kolkata (Calcutta), India in 1950. For over 45 years she ministered to the poor, sick, orphaned, and dying, while guiding the Missionaries of Charity's expansion, first throughout India and then in other countries. Following her death she was beatified by Pope John Paul II and given the title Blessed Teresa of Calcutta.[5][6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Teresa#cite_note-2
                      Spink, Kathryn (1997). Mother Teresa: A Complete Authorized Biography. New York. HarperCollins, pp.16. ISBN 0-06-250825-3.
                      From my side I call finished our dispute over Mother Teresa's nationality. Not because I give up but the topic here isn't concerned about Teresa's nationality, is not?

P.S: As for your question I descent from Kėrēova (old Uscana) but now I live in Prishtinė.
                      Last edited by Epirot; 03-15-2010, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

I did not attack personally nobody!
                        I respect all opinions here though some of them I oppose.
                        Until now I am surprised because all of Macedonian members can discuss normally as civilizied people, a thing that I never met on ''Greek'' side. I debated with them more than 2 years. It is very hard to find a single '''Greek''' which can keep conversation without irritable state, nervous and insultings.
                        Epirot, I think Osiris was talking to the Macedonians more than you.

Tell me, were you not aware of places like Flambour in Greece?
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Epirot
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          Epirot, I think Osiris was talking to the Macedonians more than you.

Tell me, were you not aware of places like Flambour in Greece?
                          Sorry Risto! I thought Osiris was refering to me.

Telling the truth, I knew that there were some Albanian villages on Fllorinė (as we pronounce it) but nothing more. My knowledge was a bit vague regarding Fllorinė and Kostur.

I saw in a historical map (produced by Chiepert, correct if i am wrong) showed some Albanian villages or Albanian speaking villages in Fllorina.

I did not knew also that our famous patriot Papa Kristo Negovani (who was killed by '''Greek''' Patriarchate agents) was from there.

Btw, can I know why did you ask me for Flambour (Negovan)?
                          Last edited by Epirot; 03-15-2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• osiris
                            • Sep 2008

epirot risto was right i was not referring to you i am very interested in what your personal story is and your opinions on balkan history.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Btw, can I know why did you ask me for Flambour (Negovan)?
                              I was just hoping you knew more about the village, that is all. Not important really. We just enjoy any intelligent dialogue here.

What are your thoughts on Giorgi Kastriot? Do you have any doubt about his nationality?
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Prolet
                                • Sep 2009

Epirot, We'll have to agree to disagree with that one, there are many Catholic Vlachs from Albania its never been an issue, just like you have Catholic and Orthodox Albanians you have Catholic and Orthodox Vlachs. Mother Teresa was born in Skopje, i know people who were her neighbors and knew her whole family and they all told me that she was a Vlach.

Epirot, What are your thoughts about Gjorgija Kastriot Skenderbeg?
                                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

Working...
                                X