• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
    Bitola is his birth city remember?
    They also say Biltola means "dove" in Albanian. I am quite sure Uskana is optimistic with his sense of history.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

I have deleted that stupid animal's most recent racist and filthy posts. He can now crawl back into that little hole he slithered out of.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Epirot
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
        Acknowledged by whom? Based on what? What is Illyrian on you? Which Illyrians words do Albanians use? It is a 19th century fiction that you people have been fed by some Austrian.
        SoM, I'd like to debate further about this issue (if any respective thread already exists)...

Albanians as Illyrians are acknowledged by the majority of world-wide scientific community. Therefore most of historical encyclopedias confirms Illyrian origin of the Albanians.

The origins of the Albanians are not definitely known, but a certain amount of Illyrian-Albanian continuity is generally assumed to be plausible
        The origins of the Albanian people are not definitely known, but data drawn from history and from linguistic, archaeological, and anthropological studies have led to the conclusion that Albanians are the direct descendants of the ancient Illyrians and that the latter were natives of the lands they inhabited. Similarly, the Albanian language derives from the language of the Illyrians, the transition from Illyrian to Albanian apparently occurring between the 4th and 6th centuries AD.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...chor=ref476150
        There is very little dispute among serious (that is, non-Greek, non-Macedonian and non-Serb) scholars that the Albanians are an ancient people, the descendants of the Illyrians or, as a small minority insists, of the Thracians. The Albanian language is a rather newer development (less than 1500 years old) - but it can also be traced back either to Thracian or to Illyrian
        As for ancient Macedonian our knowledge about Illyrian is very limited due to the absence of literary records. All what we know about Illyrian are toponymes and a few glosses. But Messapic inscriptions have added greatly in the favour of Illyro-Albanian connection.

Furthermore, the cultural background of the modern Albanians can be traced into old Illyrian substratum.
        Last edited by Epirot; 07-27-2010, 04:35 AM.
        IF OUR CHRONICLES DO NOT LIE, WE CALL OURSELVES AS EPIROTES!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Epirot View Post
          SoM, I'd like to debate further about this issue (if any respective thread already exists)...

Albanians as Illyrians are acknowledged by the majority of world-wide scientific community........

Furthermore, the cultural background of the modern Albanians can be traced into old Illyrian substratum.
          Epirot, I don't agree with the above, clearly, and I think you know this. The theory that modern Albanians were related to the ancient Illyrians was proposed for the first time by a German historian in 1774. The first detailed account of the ancient Illyrians appeared in the Albanesische Studien of J.G von Hahn, published at Jena in 1854, in which the author advanced the proposition that modern Albanians were descended from ancient Illyrians. I don't know of any examples where Albanians claim (or are claimed) to be Illyrians prior to the mid 19th century. Am I wrong in anything I have said? Do you know of any examples prior to the mid 19th century?

I think you should open a new thread and put forth your arguments as to how you are descended from the Illyrians. I don't mean just quotes from writers post 19th century, I want to you to produce evidence of a historical, linguistic and cultural connection that makes sense in a logical context. I would be happy to discuss this with you as gentlemen, no problem, and I will ensure that the thread does not steer towards politics or other irrelevant topics. When you're ready.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• fyrOM
            Banned
            • Feb 2010

Serbian Parliament adopted a resolution - Belgrade will never recognize Kosovo's independence

07/27/2010
            Serbian Parliament adopted a resolution which stated that Serbia will never recognize Kosovo's independence, transferred agencies.

After 12 - hours special session 250- member Assembly by 192 votes against 26 opposed zaa adopted a resolution last week after the International Court in The Hague said it unilaterally declared independence of Kosovo violates international law.

Although not mandatory character, the court's decision is likely to cause a wave of new recognition of the independence of Kosovo. So far 69 countries, including U.S. and most EU countries have recognized the former Serbian autonomous territory an independent republic.

Serbia strongly opposes it , and President Boris Tadic told parliament that Belgrade will never give up Kosovo and warned that the decision of the Tribunal will have consequences for the world.

The resolution also supports the government's plans , to take new negotiations on Kosovo's status septemvriska the forthcoming session of the UN General Assembly .

Comment

• Onur
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
              Serbian Parliament adopted a resolution - Belgrade will never recognize Kosovo's independence

Here we go...

De we have another Cyprus-like issue on our table now? Thanks to the USA... Another 35+ years of conflict like the Cyprus awaits us?

P. S: Ohhh wait a min. Wasn't it the USA/CIA, the main power behind the Greek Junta government who created Cyprus problem?? Yes they were supported by CIA according to Truman doctrine...

CRS: KOSOVO: GREEK AND TURKISH PERSPECTIVES, May 27, 1999

Wikileaks release: February 2, 2009
              Publisher: United States Congressional Research Service
              Title: KOSOVO: GREEK AND TURKISH PERSPECTIVES
              CRS report number: RS20149
              Author(s): Carol Migdalovitz, Foreign Affairs, Defense, and Trade Division
              Date: May 27, 1999

Abstract
              Western governments have cited a danger of the Kosovo conflict spreading to NATO allies Greece and Turkey as justification for military intervention in Kosovo. These two eastern Mediterranean neighbors have had difficult bilateral relations, which have worsened in recent years.

Introduction
              On March 25, 1999, President Clinton addressed the nation to explain why U.S. and NATO action against Yugoslavia over Kosovo is critical to U.S. national interests. Pointing to a map, he said "Let a fire burn here in this area, and the flames will spread. Eventually, key U.S. allies could be drawn into the conflict." The U.S. allies he referred to are NATO partners Greece and Turkey.

About this CRS report
              This document was obtained by Wikileaks from the United States Congressional Research Service.

http://wikileaks.org/wiki/CRS:_KOSOV...,_May_27,_1999

In this leaked document, Clinton`s intentions are obvious; They wanna create turmoil in Kosovo, Balkans and eventually a war between Greece-Turkey???

Light the fire, wait for the results, then sell more weapons= divide them, Profit...

Sometimes i am being paranoid and wondering if all the conflicts in the world, even the ones between the African tribes in a simple village of Ethiopia or Kongo are caused by USA or not.
              Last edited by Onur; 07-27-2010, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

God bless Wikileaks.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• sf.
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Onur View Post
                  In this leaked document, Clinton`s intentions are obvious; They wanna create turmoil in Kosovo, Balkans and eventually a war between Greece-Turkey???

Light the fire, wait for the results, then sell more weapons= divide them, Profit...

You've misunderstood the statement. Clinton warns that inaction would allow the violence to spread and possibly endanger US allies Greece and Turkey.
                  Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Epirot View Post
                    Epirot, thank you for starting a separate thread for this matter.

Since Uskana could not control his mouth on this forum and embarrassed himself with his outbursts, I just wanted to ask you what you understand in relation to the minority rights of the ethnic Albanians in Macedonia.

I have an Albanian friend who feels quite strongly that Macedonians living in Macedonia should be in charge of their destiny and that as long as all minorities in Macedonia are afforded human rights, then the Macedonians should be the priority in Macedonia. What do you think?
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
                      At least Uskana serveved to reminde us the mentality of some of the Albanians in RoM if you kiss their arse they will say can you do one better and suck it. This is why I said in a previouse thread the Macedonian government should be looking at facial recognition software to nail dow the rortes in sences and voting and to root out illegals and deport them. Gradually from this work back to ripping up the accord while improving the relationships with the other minorities. You can all see the impossibility of turning your back to someone determined to hate you.
                      Shiptars are the biggest fakes and soft cocks in the balkans.

In the time of yugoslavia they were so weak that they would kiss macedonian ass and pretend to be all chummy with them, now that they have more "rights" they basically treat macedonian gratitude and friendliness like dirt.

The fact that people like the roma, bosniaks, turks and torbeshi cant live with them says it all.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Arben Xhaferi

Arben Xhaferi, founder and honorary chairperson of the Democratic Party of Albanians (DPA), in interview to FOCUS News Agency

FOCUS: Mr. Xhaferi, how do you evaluate the Ohrid Framework Agreement nine years after its signing?
                        Arben Xhaferi: I’m afraid I’m getting a little bit annoying when discussing the issue because everything has been already said about it.
                        There are several integral parameters in the documents, which are still open – the use of Albanian language, Albanians’ fair participation in the state institutions.
                        I have talked about all topics concerning the agreement many times and I’m afraid I’m becoming annoying.
                        I can add the suspension of the amnesty act, too.

FOCUS: What would you say about the current interethnic situation in Macedonia?
                        Arben Xhaferi: As far as the interethnic relations are concerned, I hope that the country will find a formula for the functioning of the institutions and of the state itself.
                        The interethnic relations in Macedonia are fragile and they may explode any time. So far the international factor is some guarantee that these relations will not turn into a factor of destabilization and that some of the major burning issues concerning these relations will be solved.
                        I think that the current government is not interested in certain issues concerning not only the Albanians but the Macedonians, too. These are the economic issues, the EU and NATO integration. The situation is getting more and more absurd with every passing day. I believe that the government wants to take advantage of this situation so as not to solve certain issues such as positions, relations with neighboring countries and interethnic relations.
                        According to me, Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski is challenging the patients of both Albanians and Macedonians, as well as of the international community. This situation can be very dangerous but I hope that we will not witness some destabilization.

FOCUS: What do you think about the search for ancient roots – is it some strategy for the name dispute with Greece or rather a crisis of identity?
                        Arben Xhaferi: Me personally, I thin that the matter in point concerns a crisis of politics. This is an argument enough for certain political parties and politicians to make certain claims. I think that these tendencies open huge question. So far they have not found support anywhere. The history of a country is being identified with the history of an ancient community – these two things are incompatible.
                        The history of certain territory is one thing, while the history of a nation – something completely different. There are no ancient roots, as there is no consistency in the antiquity. This will be possible only if they manage to prove that there is some consistency since the ancient times till now and that there is some tradition. So far there is no evidence that a nation has any connections with antiquity. I think that politics cannot construe the history. I understand that politicians have crucial role in the creation of ethnic identity. However, speaking about historical processes there is a different idea when it comes to establishment of identity. It is not always ethnic, it can also be political.
                        The Americans are a new nation, which is established on the grounds of political principles. Macedonians do not stake on the thesis of political identity but rather look for some ethnic continuance with elements that cannot be found. However, following this road, they lose both time and the meaning of the political existence. There is nothing bad to build up identity on the grounds of political roots.

FOCUS: Can Macedonians overcome the syndrome of looking for private identity?
                        Arben Xhaferi: I think that Macedonia should do it, as it has no other choice. We are losing time and the process of stabilization of the country is getting more complex. No one understands the policy of the government of Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski. No one can back such a policy.

FOCUS: Are Albanians in Macedonia interested in the name dispute and to what extent are their interested affected?
                        Arben Xhaferi: So far the Albanians have proved they show understanding for the big issues produced by the Macedonians themselves.
                        You asked about identity and how it is formed. We have always been honest in this field and do not abuse this weakness of the Macedonian governments. We were tolerant towards these demands and did not abuse the claims of the Albanian identity. We do not abuse the crisis of Macedonian identity. We were constructive towards our compatriots of Macedonian origin no matter that they are constantly trying to cause harm to the Albanian identity. I speak about the attitude towards certain persons, such as Mother Teresa, Skanderbeg and other persons of the Albanian history.
                        Every attempt to usurp these persons, whom have been proved to be of Albanian origin, complicates the situation even further.
                        They want for Albanians to show disloyalty to certain claims of the Macedonians. I do not understand this policy of inciting a crisis by making interpretations of historical figures.

FOCUS: How would you comment on the ruling of the International Court of Justice in The Hague on Kosovo’s independence?
                        Arben Xhaferi: I think that the Serbs and Serbian politicians did not mean that this strong historical process will fall upon all fields of Serbian politics. This turned to be a clash between the idea of freedom for the citizens of al country and Serbia’s actions. This principle clashes with another principle of the international law, which does not allow changes of the frontiers.
                        It is a technical issues – it does not allow forcible establishment of countries but at the same time it does not prohibit all nations’ right of freedom.
                        Since 1945, the number of UN member states has increased drastically from 50 to probably 200 nowadays. This means that the UN does not ban the establishment of new states but controls this process in some constructive way.
                        The ruling of the International Court of Justice was expected because in general the UN is not against the freedom of nations.
                        I think that the Serbs had some privileged position during Yugoslavia’s breakup, as they came into an inheritance. It was a mistake of the international factor, as Serbia’s right to become heir of this country should have been conditioned. It this had been done then, the situation would have been completely different.
                        That is why I think that court’s judgment is the final diversion of Serbia’s claims.
                        Boris Tadic’s rhetoric is identical to that of the people who emerged during the crisis in Yugoslavia. This is not some political, ontological rhetoric.
                        It speaks about some former states, former borders and former relations. It is not political. It speaks about wrong interpretation of the history and the historical processes.

FOCUS: Is Yugoslavia’s breakup over after Kosovo’s independence?
                        Arben Xhaferi: I have always tried to say that the processes are not some easy category. Relations and positions are constantly changing. During the WWII the Serbs backed the winner and obtained the right to establish the Yugoslavia they want to. However, citizens themselves did not like this Yugoslavia. They missed the chance to establish a country that is stable and well-functioning. This Yugoslavia was functional.
                        However, Serbian politicians continue building some nonfunctional country.

FOCUS: Is there a risk of new fragmentation of Serbia – in the Southern part of the country, for instance – Presevo, Medvedja, Bujanovac?
                        Arben Xhaferi: This is up to the policy of destabilization and fragmentation of Serbia, as they open these processes for themselves.
                        I think that Republika Srpska will take advantage of the situation around Kosovo but it is just some game of words. They become victims of their own wrong visions. They are aware that their independence is impossible but because of the everyday political goals they create unfriendly relations with the international factor.
                        It seems as if these politicians do not know that both the US and Europe have phenomenal experts in such situations and they do not make mistakes.

FOCUS: Is there a risk of new conflicts in Macedonia?
                        Arben Xhaferi: Everything is possible when there is a lack of firm decision. I think there will be a process of tectonic movement in politics, disloyalty of the citizens in terms of certain decisions but no tragic consequences.
                        This concerns politicians, as there is a crisis in the political life.

FOCUS: What will be Macedonia’s future as a multinational country?
                        Arben Xhaferi: Macedonia can function only as a multinational country. If this approach is not changed, Macedonian politicians will face the cirkulus viciosis. In order to allow Macedonia function as a country, there is a need of respect towards the multiethnic character of the society, which requires giving up on the privileges so as to apply it fairly. In the modern societies the functionality is turning into a supreme standard. If this is not done, there will be other solutions…
                        An enemy of Macedonians. I cannot see it any other way.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Prolet
                          • Sep 2009

Yes he's an outcast and he's barking like a dog on the side lines, another disgraceful interview but we cant expect too much from a hack like Dzaferi.
                          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Pelister
                            • Sep 2008

He constant references to 'change' and 'tectonic' shifts are very troubling. I'm not sure what they mean, but his references to Kosovo independance is clearly what he is talking about, and the way I read it he may possibly be suggesting that by 'anything can happen' in Macedonia, he means, look at Kosovo.

Comment

• SBEPOT
                              • Aug 2010

FOCUS: Is there a risk of new conflicts in Macedonia?
                              Arben Xhaferi: Everything is possible when there is a lack of firm decision.

If you're not happy with our policies, you're more than welcome to step down from politics and leave the country. Ti dadovme prst, barash cela raka. Don't think so Shqiptare.

Comment

• Prolet
                                • Sep 2009

Zvere, He is already out of politics he is just an ordinary pratenik who is too ill to do anything. Menduh Tachi who replaced him and labeled Dzaferi as his mentor is pretty much talking the same thing. I feel sorry for the Albanians having those two hacks represent them, i mean just recently the Government made new roads in the Lipkovo region where the Albanians are and Arachinovo is being renovated and the old river is being cleaned up as it was contaminated.

I remember Arbedin Zumberi who is a former UCK commandor saying how no Albanian politician in power has even done anything for his home town of Lipkovo they just build up Albanian radicalism and thats it, they are not stupid they can see whats going on. This is just another attempt to grab power, we can see DPA and DUI ripping eachothers heads off soon enough.
                                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

Working...
                                X