Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > News and Politics

View Poll Results: Do you consider the UMD as your representative for the Macedonian Diaspora?
Yes 2 4.35%
No 44 95.65%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2010, 03:10 AM   #2081
Homer MakeDonski

Homer MakeDonski is on a distinguished road

Draw to be put forward
YouTube - Makedonija 2001 - Bitkata za aracinovo Eve ja vistinata
Indeed all *Srankovisti hangers-on are traitors to the Macedonian cause.

Hoping that is UMD state you are pointing is about political demagogy only , and your criticism will have valuable results

Last edited by Homer MakeDonski; 02-06-2010 at 03:13 AM.
Homer MakeDonski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:57 AM   #2082
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute
Default UMD in Adelaide

Meto Koloski delivered a very comprehensive overview of the UMD and its achievements and aspirations. The meeting went by very well with almost all attendees relatively impressed with the delivery. I had the opportunity to raise a couple of issues of concern to the MTO. The issues that I raised were mostly concerned with UMD ideology and how it manifests itself into UMD actions. Meto made it clear that (for example) Macedonia wants to get in the EU/NATO, therefore the UMD should help it. I disagree with the blind faith in the Government. Should Greece have accepted the name of Republic of Macedonia (Skopje), I have no doubt that the UMD would have blindly supported the Macedonian Government. I stated the fundamental ideology should flow from the Diaspora, that (for example) the Diaspora does not accept the Framework Agreement as a positive development. Therefore the UMD should not applaud such actions as a sign of a progressive nation.

I also received an explanation as to how Meto arrived at the statement about renaming Macedonia as the Democratic Republic of Macedonia.

I will let you interpret the clarification when I post the Youtube link later.

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:15 AM   #2083
Prolet

Prolet is on a distinguished road

Spolaj Ti Risto,

I hope everything is cleared up now, Bira pijavte li?
Prolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:31 AM   #2084
Soldier of Macedon

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

I look forward to watching it.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:38 AM   #2085
julie

julie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
I look forward to watching it.
me too.
julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:09 PM   #2086
Vangelovski

Vangelovski is on a distinguished road
Default Meto's Missing Opinion Piece in The Age

In Meto’s original flyer outlining his tour of Australia (which has been replaced), he claimed that he had written an opinion piece in The Age, a Melbourne based newspaper. Can UMD provide a copy of this “opinion piece”?

Or was the article in question actually a paid advertisement authored primarily by Igor Aleksandrov (and primarily funded by the Macedonian Orthodox Community of Sydney with donations from other Australian Macedonian organisations and individuals) with input from myself in response to the Greek rally in Melbourne in November 2007?

If this is the case, can UMD explain why it attempted to mislead the public and credit the advertisement to Meto as an opinion piece, when in fact it was a paid advertisement that Meto Koloski and Aleksandar Mitrevski actually opposed because they felt it was “too nationalistic” to state the fact that Greece occupied southern Macedonia in 1913 and refused to put UMD’s name to the piece (a decision which I took the liberty to override) along with all the major Australian Macedonian sponsors?
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
Vangelovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #2087
julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelovski View Post
In Meto’s original flyer outlining his tour of Australia (which has been replaced), he claimed that he had written an opinion piece in The Age, a Melbourne based newspaper. Can UMD provide a copy of this “opinion piece”?

Or was the article in question actually a paid advertisement authored primarily by Igor Aleksandrov (and primarily funded by the Macedonian Orthodox Community of Sydney with donations from other Australian Macedonian organisations and individuals) with input from myself in response to the Greek rally in Melbourne in November 2007?

If this is the case, can UMD explain why it attempted to mislead the public and credit the advertisement to Meto as an opinion piece, when in fact it was a paid advertisement that Meto Koloski and Aleksandar Mitrevski actually opposed because they felt it was “too nationalistic” to state the fact that Greece occupied southern Macedonia in 1913 and refused to put UMD’s name to the piece (a decision which I took the liberty to override) along with all the major Australian Macedonian sponsors?
At uni they call this plagiarism?
Old 02-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #2088
Vangelovski

Default UMD Defends FYROM Terminology

Another unbelievable defence of the Interim Accord and the FYROM terminology by UMD's self-appointed "leaders" has surfaced:

Quote:
If the government did not agree on FYROM in 1995, we would have been 10 years behind right now. Macedonia would still be under embargo and 20,000 people would have been without a job.

Denis Manevski, UMD Treasurer
11 March 2008
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Macedo.../message/10536
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
Old 02-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #2089
julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangelovski View Post
Another unbelievable defence of the Interim Accord and the FYROM terminology by UMD's self-appointed "leaders" has surfaced:

with unemplyoyment in the Republic at 39% currently?
Old 02-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #2090
Vangelovski

They call in plagiarism in the outside world too! I think there is also an aspect of self-promotion...

Tags
diaspora, macedonian, meto koloski, umd, united, vinozhito