X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
    When SoM asked me a question about why I changed my stance on EU, you felt compelled to relate it to a UMD press release, may I ask why you made that assertion? On what grounds or evidence did you base that assumption? and What makes you more qualified to answer a question posed to me, than myself?

You see, it's your conduct in this regard that gives you the appearance of a clown. If you don't have anything of value to say, I suggest you refrain from commenting, especially because you always seem to manage to dilute threads of importance with your personal insults.
    If memory serves correct, your change of attitude towards the EU came after a certain press release was distributed by UMD.

But you're right, I am not qualified to determine what goes on in your head, though I can certainly point out the obvious, in particular, your defence of UMD even when you claim not to agree with their position.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Buktop
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
      Haha,

"a mutual understanding of our positions" can easily mean what I took it to - though UMDovci have always been vague with what they are trying to convey in order to be able to back-flip at a later time.
      Really? So a "mutual understanding of our positions" means that I secretly am trying to force SoM to change his position?

I don't know whether to laugh at you, or feel sorry for you.
      "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
      though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
      Our long awaited hour will draw near
      and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Buktop
        • Oct 2009

If memory serves correct, your change of attitude towards the EU came after a certain press release was distributed by UMD.

But you're right, I am not qualified to determine what goes on in your head, though I can certainly point out the obvious, in particular, your defence of UMD even when you claim not to agree with their position.
        Really? Would you care to locate that UMD press release?

The question was about the EU, not UMD. And while I may support an organization, I never have and never will support every action made by any organization. And that should be something that everyone understands.

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Really? So a "mutual understanding of our positions" means that I secretly am trying to force SoM to change his position?

I don't know whether to laugh at you, or feel sorry for you.
          If you're not on here to shape opinion and other peoples views, what on earth are you doing?
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

UMD distributed a Press Release claiming it no longer supported name negotiations on 6 June 2010:

The ramifications of Macedonia ending the negotiations, of course, include giving up on EU membership. UMD's supposed opposition to negotiations (and the logical distancing from their goal of EU membership that could have followed) appears to have promted Buktop to 'jump the gun'.

On 5 July 2010, nearly a month to the day, Buktop made this announcement:

I have recently departed from my belief that the EU, currently, could be beneficial for Macedonia...

Comment

• Buktop
              • Oct 2009

If you're not on here to shape opinion and other peoples views, what on earth are you doing?
              I am freely expressing my opinion and trying to generate thought and intelligent discussion.

Are you on here merely to shape opinion and views? Is that the only purpose of participating in forums?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

I am freely expressing my opinion and trying to generate thought and intelligent discussion.

Are you on here merely to shape opinion and views? Is that the only purpose of participating in forums?
                Why are you expressing your opinion? What purpose does it serve (other than white noise) if not to shape the views of others?

Comment

• Buktop
                  • Oct 2009

UMD distributed a Press Release claiming it no longer supported name negotiations on 6 June 2010:

The ramifications of Macedonia ending the negotiations, of course, include giving up on EU membership. UMD's supposed opposition to negotiations (and the logical distancing from their goal of EU membership that could have followed) appears to have promted Buktop to 'jump the gun'.

On 5 July 2010, nearly a month to the day, Buktop made this announcement:
                  A post made a month after a press release is considered a response to it? You really are desperate if you are trying to connect my post and that press release.

Like I said, this is the reason I changed my mind,
                  In another step forward for the indebted country, the European Central Bank said it would accept Greek bonds as collateral for loans regardless of any future downgrades.

along with news like this
                  The Slovenian parliament gave the go-ahead Tuesday to Ljubljana's participation in an EU bailout plan for Greece despite concern about the effects on Slovenia's own public finances.

As well as the overall submission of the smaller states in the EU to this bailout, with the exception of the Slovaks. It was against EU, and EMU laws and regulations, and the actions perpetrated by France, Germany, and the UK in relation to this situation have proven to me, beyond a doubt, that the organization is too young, too naive, and too disorganized.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Buktop,

You were still supporting EU membership long after that information was available. You pre-empted what you thought was going to be a UMD U-turn and they failed to deliver.

Comment

• Buktop
                      • Oct 2009

Buktop,

You were still supporting EU membership long after that information was available. You pre-empted what you thought was going to be a UMD U-turn and they failed to deliver.
                      Really? So now you are capable of reading my mind? This is not the first time you have put forth outrageous conspiracy theories.

My opinion was solidified with the overwhelming force used by the EU elite after the bailout was fully cemented. I still do not support EU membership for Macedonia (not yet at least). Does that coincide with UMD or Government policy?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

I still do not support EU membership for Macedonia (not yet at least). Does that coincide with UMD or Government policy?
                        We'll see how long this lasts.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                          • Aug 2010

I still do not support EU membership for Macedonia (not yet at least). Does that coincide with UMD or Government policy?
                          I might be wrong; however, I believe that you posted that before and not because the EU is very bad rather the country is not ready? If joining under any other name other then "Republic of Macedonia" would you support membership?
                          http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                            • Oct 2009

UMD Questions UN Independent Expert on Minority Issues

On September 15, 2010, UMD International Policy and Diplomacy Fellow Edita Sateikaite attended a U.S. Helsinki Commission Congressional hearing on Minority Political Participation in the Obama Era where the UN Independent Expert on Minority Issues Gay McDougall was a witness. Ms. Sateikaite asked Ms. McDougall about her trip to Greece in September 2008 and her findings regarding minority rights in Greece.

Click here: YouTube - briefing minorities

Fast forward to 55:05 - 58:31
                            Last edited by UMDiaspora.org; 09-24-2010, 12:03 PM.
                            For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                            http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                            Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                            Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                            Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Doesn't UMD advertising belong in your special thread Meto?

Comment

• Buktop
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Makedonska_Kafana View Post
                                I might be wrong; however, I believe that you posted that before and not because the EU is very bad rather the country is not ready? If joining under any other name other then "Republic of Macedonia" would you support membership?
                                You are correct, and hell no I do not support joining under any other name than Republic of Macedonia.

Comment

Working...
                                X