X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Name of Macedonian Song...

Looking for the name of a Macedonian patriotic song that came out in the early 90's. Not sure if it was originally produced in Australia or Macedonia, but towards the end the lyrics included a call for the Macedonian flag to fly over Solun and I think there was a reference of Mitsotakis....I haven't heard the song for probably 20 years now.

Anyone know which one I'm talking about....?
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
  • EgejskaMakedonia
    • Jan 2010

Tom, this is probably the one you're talking about. Enjoy.

79 Godina- Boys from Bouf - YouTube

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Yes - that's it! You're the man EM
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

that's the one its been 20 years since I heard this one very patriotic tom.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

What a blast from the past this song is.
          Those were the days when the iron was hot. Macedonian patriotism was at its peak everywhere including back home.

These days, we get songs with lyrics "ajde da se napijame" and "red bull sexy bull" lol
          While Albanians take over our country under our noses. Well it's not hard when our noses are up in the air while sculling down a bottle of DAB

Anyway, back to this song Tom questioned.
          It was created by a Band in Melbourne Australia. A form of protest due to the Greek embargo closure of borders and interference in Macedonia's progress into the international community. It was before the surrender of our true national flag and Name.

Now the name of this band slips my mind (I should know since they played at my Wedding and one of the members is a relative of mine) but if any Melbournian in here help me out with the name of the band, the leading member was "Pande" who was the main vocalist and clarinet player. Unfortunately they are no longer together as a band.
          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• VMRO
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
            What a blast from the past this song is.
            Those were the days when the iron was hot. Macedonian patriotism was at its peak everywhere including back home.

These days, we get songs with lyrics "ajde da se napijame" and "red bull sexy bull" lol
            While Albanians take over our country under our noses. Well it's not hard when our noses are up in the air while sculling down a bottle of DAB

Anyway, back to this song Tom questioned.
            It was created by a Band in Melbourne Australia. A form of protest due to the Greek embargo closure of borders and interference in Macedonia's progress into the international community. It was before the surrender of our true national flag and Name.

Now the name of this band slips my mind (I should know since they played at my Wedding and one of the members is a relative of mine) but if any Melbournian in here help me out with the name of the band, the leading member was "Pande" who was the main vocalist and clarinet player. Unfortunately they are no longer together as a band.

The band was called "Grupa Legenda".
            Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

Working...
            X