X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • julie
    • May 2009

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
    I read the forum rules Julie. I dont intend on breaking any.
    For your own sake, I suggest you leave your hate behind you. It will only make you that much more miserable as a person.
    On the contrary, I am a very happy person. Happy people don't like liars, and don't take well when read the lies that Macedonians were not forced into speaking Greek, and the dribble on names by you. I suggest if you don't know what people have endured,and if you want to know the truth, ask, for your own sake, of course.
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Voltron
      Banned
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
      Voltron let me add my input as my father is from that villiage and lived on the island. Before the civil war my grandfather would trade freely with the neighboring villiages in that region and there was no greek, this new stuff built there is from greece and on the island there was only 3 houses left standing as the entire villiage was evacuated. Seeing from the pictures new houses were built probaly over my familys houses and grave stones. My grandmothers brother was still living there in their basement of the house. Sar Samoil was macedonian the greeks have twisted everything, they have made mala prespa into a cash cow for tourism which im happy as its a beutiful place{but not in a way to show our rich culture) That bridge before was not there, they had to take a row boat to and from the island. Must be nice to visit places that have no significance to you greeks, its funny my family was born their and they are denied to this day to come back but only if we proclaim my last name is greek not macedonian.
      The houses there were pretty old Makedonetz. I didnt see anything new on that island. Although I wouldnt know where you house would be. I didnt go very far into the village, just went up to a couple houses and came back. They had livestock there and didnt want to disturb the animals and was thinking a guarddog would jump out. The passway was narrow. To row back and forth must been quite a chore. Nonetheless absolutly beautiful. There are Vlach villages in the area, although I dont know how far from the island. I can understand what you mean though, our ancestral home was confiscated through similar events. I dont think they would deny your entry to Greece. You should try.

Comment

• johnMKD
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post
        Voltron, your comment the Greek language was not forced I am taking as a personal insult. My mother went to school totally in the Greek language, my grandmother had the shot beaten out of her for speaking Macedonian IN HER HOME where Greek spies under her window heard her speaking to my family. My grandfather was led away to be murdered for SPEAKING Macedonian instead of your disgusting language. I suggest you read this forum, the threads, and the rules. You may feel a lot more at home on one of your Vlach forums. We are free here.
        Voltron, I also confirm this -and this comes from a Greek- that people were forced to speak Greek throughout the region. At school and even at home.
        Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Voltron
          Banned
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
          But the fact is common sense (like blinding so many soldiers is unrealistic) which should be more suitable in regards to accuracy than mere nationalistic interpretations to invent pseudo-history books for the indoctrination of children.
          OK TM you may find the number questionable but does that really negate the essence of the story ? Its probably unrealistic for Vlad Tepesh to impale defeated soldiers into a forrest of human beings but does that mean it didnt happen ? I understand your point of view though and why you would consider it false.

Comment

• Voltron
            Banned
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by George S. View Post
            Voltron the so called slavic hordes went through greece,albania,bulgaria,& turkey to classify just macedonia as slavic is completely unfair.What did happen when these illiterate hordes went through macedonia they adopted the macedonian language & writing & ere assimilated.The slavic hordes did no more damage than other people who went trough macedonia.If we apply the same logic then greece should be called slavic & other countries as well.The slavic smear is actually more widespread when macedonia became part of yugoslavia
            & part of the brainwashing that all sides used was to tell the macedonian population that they should take pride in their slavic heritage & renounce their beleif in the ancient macedonian heritage.Even today famous politicians still beleive in the slavic theory that we have no connection with the ancients.They beleive that the macedonians got wiped out in the sixth century when the slavic hordes invaded.This theory & others are flawed as the slavs were assimilated & they adopted the macedonian language as they were illitrate.
            Your right George, the Slavs did reach southern Greece. The Byzantines even planted them there. Nothing wrong with Slavic nations George. I dont know why its casted in a negative light here. Heck, half of Euorpe are Slav speakers. Not too bad if you ask me.

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
              • Sep 2010

julie, you are talking to a moron that won't accept the truth.

Comment

• Voltron
                Banned
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by johnMKD View Post
                Voltron, I also confirm this -and this comes from a Greek- that people were forced to speak Greek throughout the region. At school and even at home.
                John, thanks for your advise. As SOM suggested I will read up on it in the history section. No offense intended.

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                  • Sep 2010

half of Euorpe are Slav speakers. Not too bad if you ask me.
                  We have our own languages, and we sure don't call it "Slav".

Comment

• johnMKD
                    • Apr 2010

John, thanks for your advise. As SOM suggested I will read up on it in the history section. No offense intended.
                    Yes, that's the best idea. One, if he wants to be objective should read and go through thoroughly all aspects of history. E.g. you want to know about Macedonia? Read also the Macedonian side. By all means, read the Greek side, but move on...read the Macedonian, the Bulgarian, and if available some from distant and objective countries. You'll find that the truth is not necessarily what you have been taught in school.
                    If you are curious about history, do the same for all historical events you're interested in. For sure you will acquire a more holistic approach on viewing things.
                    Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Voltron
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2011

That was the point of me joining this forum John. To see the other side's POV

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                        • Sep 2010

That was the point of me joining this forum John. To see the other side's POV
                        And you're already insulting people.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                          • Jan 2009

OK TM you may find the number questionable but does that really negate the essence of the story ? Its probably unrealistic for Vlad Tepesh to impale defeated soldiers into a forrest of human beings but does that mean it didnt happen ? I understand your point of view though and why you would consider it false.
                          But the essence of the story changes considerably when you see that the so-called "blinding" of all these soldiers never happened the way Skylitzes penned it. The Battle of Kleidon is where Basil II would get the nickname "Bulgar-Slayer" centuries later due to the myth of these East Romans and their exaggerations. Sorry I know you want to play make believe but one day you have to grow up. How about you actually read the first page again and stop taking this topic off-topic because of its content and how it hurts your modern claims to BS:

page 387

page 2

Last edited by TrueMacedonian; 01-27-2011, 12:36 PM.
                          Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Voltron
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2011

TM, your making it sound like I get a kick out of this. I dont have a problem with you or Macedonians. Again, I read it all and it seems as if there is a dispute of the numbers and how that is impossible due to the sheer damage 15000 blindings would of been. I read the first page and its says that Skylitzes was confused. But it didnt say how or why he was confused. Can you shed light on this ? Again it was a very interesting read and I have to admit it does make sense. The medevil ages did have its moments of exaggeration and hyperbole. Not to mention that the reference to Bulgar Slayer was made later. I understand that.

Comment

• Onur
                              • Apr 2010

Yes, the events are usually written in exaggerated way in medieval times but it doesn't mean that these events didn't happen at all.

Also Vlad the impaler was really impaling people. It`s a fact. He mostly impaled Turks, probably 100s or maybe 1000s but he was mad and i think he also impaled his own family members and his fellow people if i`m not mistaken. Then the Sultan in Istanbul gone mad because of this and he sent an army of 10.000+ soldiers to kill him and give it an end to his reign and thats how he died and his head has been taken to the Istanbul as a proof of his death.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                                • Jan 2009

TM, your making it sound like I get a kick out of this. I dont have a problem with you or Macedonians. Again, I read it all and it seems as if there is a dispute of the numbers and how that is impossible due to the sheer damage 15000 blindings would of been. I read the first page and its says that Skylitzes was confused. But it didnt say how or why he was confused. Can you shed light on this ? Again it was a very interesting read and I have to admit it does make sense. The medevil ages did have its moments of exaggeration and hyperbole. Not to mention that the reference to Bulgar Slayer was made later. I understand that.
                                Stephenson writes in the source provided that Skylitzes uses the word phasi, 'they say', and Stephenson goes on to explain that the story was under scrutiny then considering Skylitzes "the copyist" had no firsthand accounts available about the exaggerations of this battle. The numbers "14,000-15,000" are the exaggeration. Was it a small garrison as Stephenson says? Most likely. Skylitzes more than likely altered an already altered tale and used Herodotus as inspiration and melded sequences of what transpired at Thermopylae for his fictional accounts at Belasica/Kleidon.
                                Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X