Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Prolet, I take it that you voted 'no' because there is still not one 'yes'. That means that you don't consider Meto and the UMD as your representatives when they release press statements, attend interviews, make announcements, etc, correct?

If they were in synch with everything you believed in, you would have voted 'yes', I would have also. Clearly, they're not. So what is their purpose, if they don't represent the views of regular Macedonian folk from the Diaspora like you and I?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Buktop
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
      Buktop, you seem to know many "facts", but US Census statistics say differently.

The rest is mere Buktopism... baseless assumptions built on the advice of someone going by some fake internet name (no offence Onur).
      This coming from the guy who just alleged that the Turkish diaspora grant match of being from a government for "policy alignment"? You really are a piece of work...

US census statistics are inaccurate and unreliable when it concerns ethnicity.
      "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
      though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
      Our long awaited hour will draw near
      and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• blackcactus
        • Sep 2008

I don't see them representing me at this time if ever, but I wish them luck in developing into a transparent organization over time that will truly protect our heritage and our people
        Last edited by blackcactus; 05-24-2010, 03:26 AM.
        The one who tells the story rules the World - Hopi proverb

“Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only meant that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark” - Monty Python

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/421/127/

Australian Macedonian activists like Zoran Milenkovski and Tom Vangelovski were co-founders of UMD and inspired many others to support UMD’s work.
          Vangelovski, did Milenkovski also leave, because it refers to both of you in the past tense, as in "were" co-founders?
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Well said BC, I think the first stage to achieving that aim is acceptance of errors, honest acknowledgement, and only then a demonstrated change of principles and visions for Macedonia and the Macedonian people.

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

I voted No SOM thats right
              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Jankovska
                • Sep 2008

No way! And I used to be a member but not any more. I refuse to be a member of any org that has even though of changing our name or supporting the stupid name talks. That's where it ended for me,

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                  • Jan 2009

I dont get UMD, i dont really understand a lot of their motives and frankly that doesnt make me trust them.

I just dont understand why they tried "joining forces' with known bugaromans in north america, every one knew it wouldnt work and as predicted that little joint venture failed. I dont like it how some of their members have been childish and publicly called some of their most vocal critics as "grkomans", and what really bothers me is that they are idolizing bastards like Reeker who are in bed with the shiptar terrorists and want to change our name.

I dont understand what their true motives are and dont trust them, hence why i am voting against them

Comment

• julie
                    • May 2009

honest acknowledgement and transparency, and am like most of the other people here, that in time they may work to preserve our culture and heritage, our name and truly represent the voice of the diaspora, for the Macedonian cause.

I voted no. They do not represent my views.
                    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• DIMO
                      • Apr 2010

No chance they represent me. In adelaide meto represented name change, in melbourne meto represented serbian dancing.
                      OBEDINETA MAKEDONIJA

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
                        This coming from the guy who just alleged that the Turkish diaspora grant match of being from a government for "policy alignment"? You really are a piece of work...

US census statistics are inaccurate and unreliable when it concerns ethnicity.
                        I didn't state it as fact.

US census statistics are much more reliable than Buktopian statistics.
                        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                          Vangelovski, did Milenkovski also leave, because it refers to both of you in the past tense, as in "were" co-founders?
                          I'm not sure about Milenkovski's current status within UMD.
                          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• MakOdToronto
                            • May 2010

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
                            I dont get UMD, i dont really understand a lot of their motives and frankly that doesnt make me trust them.

I just dont understand why they tried "joining forces' with known bugaromans in north america, every one knew it wouldnt work and as predicted that little joint venture failed. I dont like it how some of their members have been childish and publicly called some of their most vocal critics as "grkomans", and what really bothers me is that they are idolizing bastards like Reeker who are in bed with the shiptar terrorists and want to change our name.

I dont understand what their true motives are and dont trust them, hence why i am voting against them

Given that Ahmeti is Gruevski's government partner, and Reeker is hated by the Albanians (and the Greeks) because Reeker is pro Macedonian (the Albanians in Skopje all complain because he does not speak any Albanian, only Macedonian) , I think that we can see that Sven's attacks on US Ambassador and UMD is just typical anti-Americanism. Which is fine -- definitely entitled to the position, Sven (hope you don't count Canadians!). But Grujo is the one in partnership with Ahmeti--he chose him, and that's the only reason the Ambassador's have to go see him. Can't have it both ways.

Comment

• julie
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by MakOdToronto View Post
                              Given that Ahmeti is Gruevski's government partner, and Reeker is hated by the Albanians (and the Greeks) because Reeker is pro Macedonian (the Albanians in Skopje all complain because he does not speak any Albanian, only Macedonian) , I think that we can see that Sven's attacks on US Ambassador and UMD is just typical anti-Americanism. Which is fine -- definitely entitled to the position, Sven (hope you don't count Canadians!). But Grujo is the one in partnership with Ahmeti--he chose him, and that's the only reason the Ambassador's have to go see him. Can't have it both ways.
                              Am not sure if you meant to say this.
                              I am against Reeker , he condones name change for my people.
                              UMD is honouring him
                              If all Americans support this then count me in with Sven

I am an anti AMerican.
                              I love my Macedonian name and people. I dont love traitors
                              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MakOdToronto
                                ..........Reeker is hated by the Albanians (and the Greeks) because Reeker is pro Macedonian (the Albanians in Skopje all complain because he does not speak any Albanian, only Macedonian)........
                                He showed some basic courtesy like any other normal person that is visiting a foreign state, by speaking the official (in this case Macedonian) language. Do you want to give him the 'Jane Sandanski' award for his great effort? The same person recently urged Macedonia to change its historical name. Is that what you consider "pro Macedonian"?
                                .........Sven's attacks on US Ambassador and UMD is just typical anti-Americanism.
                                Yeah, that's usually the response we get from people that are apologists for people like Reeker and Meto. Meanwhile, both are on record for advocating a name other than (Republic of) Macedonia. Apparently Meto changed his mind. Reeker clearly hasn't.
                                Grujo is the one in partnership with Ahmeti--he chose him, and that's the only reason the Ambassador's have to go see him.
                                And rather than voicing discontent with the situation, you choose to accept the status quo, and even endorse it to a degree, as indicated by your posts here. Amazing, I could never imagine being so timid and submissive when my integrity is put to question.

Comment

Working...
                                X