Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Makedonska_Kafana
    • Aug 2010

Mark Branov at a non UMD event proudly flying our Macedonian Sonce?

Toronto Fundraiser May 20/11 - Educative & Cultural Movement of Voden, Macedonia
    македонија има сила

If, you attend the UMD conference and don't see the real Macedonian flag in several area's DEMAND a complete refund and please let me know. Thanks
    Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 06-07-2011, 03:51 PM.
    http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

He looks like he could use a Brandy.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        He looks like he could use a Brandy.

UMD, the friendliest NGO on the face of the planet .. hahaha. Mark, is not the problem it's his task masters in Washington DC. (US messengers) and not long ago he was very active with mhrmi. Can, a person choose to leave (quit) more then one organization during their lifetime? Mark, does the ONLY normal thing with the UMD - publishes the newsletter (Excellent Job) and NOT on the board aka very lucky person. Why, is he listed with the board? I, once went off the deep end and demanded that he be included on the board. Was he, .. NOPE!

Mark, you need to tell Meto to go do himself, twice (edno za mene) because that's the only pro-active thing they do regularly and you do that for them - board to death

You, want to be included on the board? I, would much sooner you start charging them for your time and effort - Meto, can pay you from his very generous US salary. Sadly, no one in Canada gets paid!

Without the "runners" and "backers" here in GTA Toronto the UMD would be next to nothing. Fool, me once shame on me, fool me twice where do I join?
        Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 06-07-2011, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

MK does the umd just plonk itself as the diaspora rep without consulting with existing diaspora organizations.?
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
            MK does the umd just plonk itself as the diaspora rep without consulting with existing diaspora organizations.?
            Zero communication because ..

- we, don't oppose working with any Macedonian organizations that agree with our personal agenda. We're willing to listen to anyone but find no need to contact them.

UMD@USA
            Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 06-07-2011, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
              • Aug 2010

Well, let me begin by saying the UMD are finally given something back to the Macedonian diaspora who attend their conference with excellent entertainment. http://www.baklava.com.mk/

People, want excellent entertainment and loading up on politicians is the worst thing you can promote. Sadly, this is something you must do months in advance not days. Last, year Synthesis did exactly the same thing, held them hostage (name issue style) and confirmed only weeks before and even then you get no guarantee they will show up.

When, was Baklava invited to perform and when did they confirm?
              Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 06-08-2011, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

When rom is falling at the seams & name issue should we be celebrating or should we promoting ourselves & our cause.?
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

i would have thought to gain acceptance as a rep of the diaspora it must win hearts & souls of the people & organizations.A lot of organizations don't have any respect of the self styled & self appointed umd has claimed so called unity & support.Perhaps they have support in the us but anywhere else they are just a word with negative connotations.
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

It seems that Meto does not even visit our site anymore since the office bearers of MTO asked him a direct question and told him he would have to answer it if he wished to continue advertising here.

His silence speaks a thousand words!
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

meto has probably got a lot to hide that's why he doesn't want the publicity.
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

It's quite typical of him and what we have come to expect. He has often avoided questions relevant to his own statements. The status quo will remain until he responds to the question I posed. Just for reference, Meto stated the following:
                        Greeks cannot have exclusivity to this symbol.
                        In relation to the ancient Macedonian sun. And my question was:
                        How about the Macedonians, do they have the right to exclusively claim the ancient Macedonian symbol as their national symbol?
                        I don't see what is so hard about answering such a question, other than the possibility that his views are congruent with that of certain people like Gruevski who seem to think that our national history should not be exclusively claimed by anybody - even ourselves.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                          • Aug 2010

Well, let me say much has changed in Toronto the past 6 months and many of the supporters that attended the first and second conference are taking a pass in year three. I think the UMD must make a choice in June if it's possible to continue every year and risk going in debt forever (see eu).

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                            • Aug 2010

Once, again my idea ages ago ..

Dear Friend,

It is with exceptional admiration and pleasure that I announce to you that the United Macedonian Diaspora will honor Gjorgjija "George" Atanasoski with the UMD Lifetime Achievement Award for his significant contributions in furthering the Macedonian cause over the last four decades - a truly distinguished Macedonian American leader who has garnered great respect from the global Macedonian community. George is the largest Diaspora investor in Macedonia.

UMD will present the Award to George at the upcoming 3rd Annual UMD Global Conference Gala - celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Macedonia's Independence on Saturday, June 25, 2011 at the JW Marriott in the heart of Washington, D.C.

George immigrated to the United States in 1970 where he began his career as an engineer working for New York University. In 1975, George, and his brother Josif, founded Microflex Inc., a successful international corporation manufacturing flexible metal products based in Ormond Beach, Florida that supply a wide range of industries including , GE, Ford, Siemens, General Motors, Rolls-Royce, NASA, etc...

In 1996, Atanasoski co-founded and became President of MAK AM International Corporation, an international trading company mostly concerned with importing and exporting to and from Macedonia. Over the years, George has invested in numerous Macedonian businesses such as Sonce GA, Zito Prilep, TV Sonce and others. In 1994, he founded the international magazine Macedonian Sun (Makedonsko Sonce), with a focus on publishing articles about Macedonian culture, history and values.

Since his involvement in 1974 in one of the oldest Macedonian organizations in North America, the Macedonian Society of New York, he became involved in promoting the Macedonian cause in the diaspora to this day. In addition, Mr. Atanasoski has spent significant financial resources in supporting and advancing the Macedonian cause and culture in Albania, Bulgaria, Greece, Kosovo, and Serbia, for the Macedonian minority in those countries. He is a strong champion of human rights, and has been working toward securing the most basic right of self-determination of Macedonians in those countries and worldwide. Mr. Atanasoski is also involved in Macedonian politics and has run for president of the Republic of Macedonia in 1994. He has four sons, one of them presently living in Macedonia.

Through Macedonian Alliance, the political party he founded, he has been trying to unite the voices of Macedonians in Albania, Greece, Bulgaria, Kosovo, and Serbia and integrate them in the political scene of their respective countries. George has unselfishly spent countless hours and finances to help Macedonia, the Macedonians in the countries surrounding Macedonia, and Macedonians abroad.

Learn more about George Atanasoski by reading the Spring 2010 Issue of UMD Voice, click HERE.

UMD is proud to recognize George Atanasoski, an inspiration, a community leader, a successful businessman, and a proud father, a philanthropist, and a patriotic Macedonian.

Join me and hundreds of Macedonians from around the world at the UMD Global Conference Gala on Saturday, June 25, 2011 in congratulating George Atanasoski on his successes and for his strong leadership in the global Macedonian community!

Gala tickets are $150 per person and include reception, three course dinner, folk performances, special Baklava concert all the way from Macedonia, and dancing till late in the night! Ambassador Christopher Hill and Professor Victor Friedman will be honored this evening as well with the UMD Macedonia Friendship Award. Click HERE to purchase your tickets!

Are you coming to D.C. for the UMD Global Conference? If you have not registered....

Don't wait till the last minute! Be a part of it all. REGISTER TODAY!

Rooms at the JW Marriott Hotel - the venue for the UMD Global Conference - are booking fast! Don't miss out on being in the center of it all, book today to take advantage of our $189 plus tax room rate per night. This rate is only available until June 16, 2011, so please do not miss out! Click HERE to book your room!

There is still time to reserve your advertisement for the 20th Anniversary of Macedonian Independence Commemorative Journal or send a congratulatory note for George, Ambassador Hill, or Professor Friedman. Click HERE.

If you own a business and would like to get greater visibility in Macedonian community the UMD Global Conference is the place for your business, click HERE to learn more.

At the 2011 UMD Global Conference...You will meet those who make the decisions and influence public opinion. You will learn advocacy skills. You will be among Macedonians and friends of Macedonia from across the country and around the world. You will make a difference at a time when our voices must be heard.

Register TODAY! Don't miss out on this wonderful opportunity!

If you have any questions, or need anymore information, please do not hesitate to contact UMD Global Conference Coordinator Diana Booth [email protected], or contact at (202) 756-2244.

Looking forward to seeing you in two weeks!

Sincerely,

Aleksandar Mitreski
                            Vice President and Chair, UMD Advisory Council
                            Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 06-09-2011, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                              • Aug 2010

George Atanasoski is the ONLY choice and this should have been done 3 years ago. With, George involved all is not lost for the UMD yet.

Who, will bend George or the UMD?

Paul Saunders - "How About Mr. James Saunders, receiving a life time achievement award, for being the founder of the "United Macedonians", and building the biggest and first Macedonian Orthodox Church in North America. I am starting to think the way to get attention or honors with the UMD is by donating money, its not really Life time Achievements". 2012 winner 100%

Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 06-09-2011, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                                • Aug 2010

Just, to prove I'm NOT anti UMD members rather against the board and their on-going anti Macedonian actions here is yet another idea of mine for free. One, of my many concerns with the UMD is a lack of youth membership, 25 and under. What to do? Well, it's something we used in the car business called "finders fee". Any, UMD member under 30 that gets a minimum of 10 friends or more to join will receive $10 per friend ie. 50 friends $500.

Past suggestions

- End UN Ethnic Cleansing
                                - Avoid any contact with Crvenkovski and Reeker
                                - George Atanasoski Goce Delcev Award
                                - Top Entertainment
                                - Macedonian Sonce Flag
                                - Time for sightseeing
                                - Cooking and Music exhibits (always)
                                - Official UMD Canada Board (some payed)
                                - Annual (2) regional events
                                - Editor of Voice must be a board member
                                - On-line gift shop
                                - Rep. at State Department daily briefings

plus, 243 other's

NOTE

All, of the above are simple your main task will be to somehow get Australia interested and involved and not that minor thing you have going on now. Without, the majority of support in Melbourne it's never going to be a Macedonian voice. MTO, has some of the best Macedonian people around so you can work with them or go against them that's up to you smart folks in the USA. Will you need to work with AMHRC and MHRMI? 100%

Changes, are not a sign of weakness rather an understanding of what's in the best interest of most people concerned. My, sense is you may not get many more chances after June 2011.

I took the time to do that (suggestions) so you better not piss me off and avoid a response as usual even if it's just me that same person.
                                Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 06-10-2011, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X