X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Uskana
    Banned
    • Jul 2010

Ok let's assume Albania does not give Macedonia full rights, what does that have to do with the Albanians in Macedonia? We don't vote for their representatives and most of us have little to no say what occurs in their country. Again, it seems that many of you use these Macedonians to limit the rights of Albanians in Macedonia. "Well the Macedonians in ALbania don't have this, so the Albanians shouldn't have this either." Albanians are known to be fair to its minorities. Even Greeks have schools in Albania, however, the opposite is not true.

As for Shkreti, shkreti is an Albanian word. You can look up the meaning itself and there's even a place in Albania called Shkreti. Here's a song about them as well in Albanian:

YouTube - Mahmut Ferati-Jam I Shkreti Tu Mendu By-Dj_Sheno

The Turkification of Albanians in Macedonia is unfortunate. Turkish rights were promoted in Yugoslavia over Albanian rights even though their numbers were not much smaller then ours.

Comment

• Onur
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Uskana View Post

The Turkification of the Albanians was used to justify the depopulation of Albanian areas.

Unfortunately this is true. Some even speak it at home today. My father's Albanian teacher from Tetova spoke Turkish to his children at home. Ironic.

You guys are in delusion but you are not alone. Bulgars and Greeks seriously thinks that every Turkish speaking muslim as Bulgars or Greeks too. Yet neither of them can answer to the question of what happened to the Turkish people who migrated into Balkans over 800 years of time. Did they vaporize all of a sudden after 20th century?

Got ya again Uskana cuz the pro-Turkish stance of your Albanians confirms my theory of the Albanians pretended to be Turks at 1950s to be able to migrate here.

Besides, it`s not our concern that if your Albanians are wanna be Turks. You persistently say that we "brainwashed" your Albanians in Turkey. If thats the case, then why the Albanians in Albania and Macedonia have pro-Turkish stance and speaks Turkish? Did we magically imported Turkishness ideas to Albania and brainwashed them too? Is that your explanation?

The Turkification of Albanians in Macedonia is unfortunate. Turkish rights were promoted in Yugoslavia over Albanian rights even though their numbers were not much smaller then ours.
      Completely bullshit again. IT IS YOU, the Albanians constantly tried to assimilate Turkish people in Macedonia. You occupied all of our 500 year old mosques in Macedonia and you Albanians adopted every Turkish monuments in there like these ever belonged to the Albanians!!!. Then you Albanians spread anti-Turkish propaganda in our Ottoman Turkish mosques. I am not even talking about Kosovo but we know that you did far worse things upon Turkish people in there.

When most of Turkish people expelled from Balkans after 1850s and when the Turks lost their influence in Balkans, then you Albanians again exploited this situation by trying to assimilate remaining Turkish people in all over Balkans. Converting them as Albanians to artificially increase your population. Can you deny this?

LOL I guess one wannabe-Arab explains everything. Like I said, Albanians are European looking for the most part. The European looking Turks in Turkey come from the Balkans.
      It`s obvious that you don't know shit about us except fascist anti-Turk propaganda. Azerbaijani Turks never stepped in to the Balkans and yet they look very similar to us except minor difference in appearance, similar to the difference between Austrian and German.

Also, Hungarians and Estonians originated from same territories as Turks too. Do they look like Mongols or Arabs like us in your conception? We Turks came from Caucasus like Hungarians, Estonians and others. If we look like Mongols for you then tell your USA government to change their 200 year old definition to call all white people as Caucasian, ok?

Go to your Turkish wanna be relatives and educate yourself about us or stop creating false theories with your pathetic knowledge limited to "stormfront".
      Last edited by Onur; 07-25-2010, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Uskana
        Banned
        • Jul 2010

You guys are in delusion but you are not alone. Bulgars and Greeks seriously thinks that every Turkish speaking muslim as Bulgars or Greeks too. Yet neither of them can answer to the question of what happened to the Turkish people who migrated into Balkans over 800 years of time. Did they vaporize all of a sudden after 20th century?

Got ya again Uskana cuz the pro-Turkish stance of your Albanians confirms my theory of the Albanians pretending to be Turks at 1950s to be able to migrate here.

Besides, it`s not our concern that if your Albanians are wanna be Turks. You persistently say that we "brainwashed" your Albanians in Turkey. If thats the case, why the Albanians in Albania and Macedonia have pro-Turkish stance and speaks Turkish? Did we magically imported Turkishness ideas to Albania and brainwashed them too? Is that your explanation?
        Listen mate, read the links I posted again. The Turkification of Albanians was used to justify deportations. Promoting Turkification in Yugoslavia was used to limit the rights of Albanians.

And many Albanians spoke Turkish since during the Ottoman time it was the language used and the Turks did not allow Albanian schools. Serbian and Greek schools were allowed, but not Albanian.

PS:

I don't think it's necessarily fair to blame what happened in YU to the Macedonians but I bring them up to help explain the current situation in Macedonia.

t`s obvious that you don't know shit about us except fascist anti-Turk propaganda. Azerbaijani Turks never stepped in to the Balkans and yet they look very similar to us except minor difference in appearance, similar to the difference between eastern and western Germany.

Also, Hungarians and Estonians originated from same territories as Turks too. Do they look like Mongols or Arabs like us in your conception? We Turks came from Caucasus like Hungarians, Estonians and others. If we look like Mongols for you then tell your USA government to change their 200 year old definition to call all white people as Caucasian.

Go to your Turkish speaking relatives and educate yourself about us or stop creating false theories with your pathetic knowledge limited to "stormfront".
        Look mate there's a vast difference between the Turks in Western Turkey who are predominately of Balkan and Caucasus descent and those with Eastern Turkey. I might look similar to someone in Western Turkey but i would be out of place in Eastern part, especially south Eastern part with Kurds.

Comment

• Onur
          • Apr 2010

Listen mate, read the links I posted again. The Turkification of Albanians was used to justify deportations. Promoting Turkification in Yugoslavia was used to limit the rights of Albanians.
          Yes i`ve read it and it`s a stupid theory without any base or proof. I told you that none of Balkan immigrants settled into the eastern Anatolia. %90 of them living in western Turkey(most in Izmir, Bursa, Istanbul) and %10 at central Anatolia. So, according to your delusional Albano-ultranationalists, Serbian Yugo people tried to convert Albanians as Turks?? Mate, no one believes this Turkification theory. After what happened in Balkans between 1830 to 1913, no one in the world can make me believe that Serbian commie Yugos had NATO member pro-Turkish stance.

Look mate there's a vast difference between the Turks in Western Turkey who are predominately of Balkan and Caucasus descent and those with Eastern Turkey. I might look similar to someone in Western Turkey but i would be out of place in Eastern part, especially south Eastern part with Kurds.
          Your lack of comprehension limits your conception skills again. Did you know that Turkey is not a small country as Albania mate. It takes 1700km to go from west side to east side border in turkey. Ofc it`s perfectly normal that people will look a bit different. Is there anywhere in the world where the indigenous people with 1700km distance between each other looks identical? Plus, you talk about Kurds. They are not Turks mate. Kurds are the mix of Arabs, eastern Anatolia Turks and Armenians. Especially Kurds looks very similar with Armenians and many believe that the Kurds are mostly islamized Armenians because they lived together for 1000+ years. Ofc these Kurds looks different than a Turk who lives 1700km away from them.

BUT apparently the Azeri people who lives at even more eastern side then the Kurds looks and behaves much similar with us because they are Turks.
          Last edited by Onur; 07-25-2010, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Uskana
            Banned
            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Onur View Post
            Yes i`ve read it and it`s a stupid theory without any base or proof. I told you that none of Balkan immigrants settled into the eastern Anatolia. %90 of them living in western Turkey(most in Izmir, Bursa, Istanbul) and %10 at central Anatolia. So, according to your delusional Albano-ultranationalists, Serbian Yugo people tried to convert Albanians as Turks?? Mate, no one believes this Turkification theory. After what happened in Balkans between 1830 to 1913, no one in the world can make me believe that Serbian commie Yugos had NATO member pro-Turkish stance.
            Albanians presented a problem for Yugoslavia. You can look at the Albanians in Kosova, Macedonia and even Montenegro for examples of the issue they present today. Albanians are't Slavs, they are nationalistic and they wouldn't easily assimilate into Yugoslavia. You can read about the issue they posed from a Serb p.o.v. f(click here.) Deporting Albanians to Turkey was real and is not a "stupid theory." However a justification was needed for the greater powers to expulse the Albanians from Macedonia to Macedonia. Declaring them as Turks was it.

Close to one million Albanians were deported or move to Turkey in the 20th century. Do you honestly think 1 million of them considered Turkish? Do you really think there were 1 million Turks in Macedonia and Kosova? Do you honestly think Turks cared if these people spoke Turkish or not? Turkey in the 50's had a population of 20 million. Kosovars were deported in the early 20th century where the population was even lower for Turkey. These people helped filled empty lands and helped the growth of Turkey. It was in Turkey's best interest to take them in, and it was in Yugoslavia's best interest to depopulate Albanian areas. Many Albanians from Macedonia have long lost family that moved to Turkey. So please spare us your BS.

Lastly moving Albanians to Turkey was not done in Turkey's interest by the YU since Christian Slavs loathe the Ottoman rule and hate their successors the Turks, but it was more about solving their current problem which was the Albanians.
            Last edited by Uskana; 07-25-2010, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Relax mate, I just asked if you guys are familiar to each other, not if you're the same person.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Uskana
                Banned
                • Jul 2010

What since we're both Albanians we know each other LOL?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

LOL I guess one wannabe-Arab explains everything. Like I said, Albanians are European looking for the most part. The European looking Turks in Turkey come from the Balkans.
                  One wannabe-Arab? Who was he? Evliya Celebi interviewed SEVERAL Albanians in the area, and stayed among them for a time. Are you claiming that the people Celebi stayed with, whom claimed to be of Arab descent, were not Albanians?
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Read the previous posts braniac, the fact that Epirot wasn't here for a while and now made a reappearance within days of your arrival prompted the question, not a suspicion.

What's with the paranoia?

Comment

• Onur
                      • Apr 2010

Albanians presented a problem for Yugoslavia. You can look at the Albanians in Kosova, Macedonia and even Montenegro for examples of the issue they present today.

Dude, i cant dismiss the possibility of Serbian Yugo intention to include Albanians to the mass and dump them to Turkey along with Turkish people. Since Albanians are muslim too and because of that, probably the most common intermarriages happened between the Turkish and Albanian people for centuries. If we look at the western european fascist point of view, you Albanians were no different than Turks according to them.

What i oppose here is; Both you and your ultra nationalist Albanian sources claims that this has been done with some kind of secret agreement between the Turks and Yugo authorities to settle you among Kurds. It cant be true since none of Balkan immigrants settled in eastern Anatolia where the Kurds lives. Besides that, like i said before, Kurds wasn't more than %4-5 of our total population at that time because most of the Kurds was living in Iraq at 1950s. Mass migration of Kurds to Turkey started after 1990, when Saddam decided to kill them with chemical bombs in there. Only after 1990s, we have %11 of Kurds here.

Also, you and your Albano-fascists speaks like there was no Turkish people neither in Macedonia nor Kosovo and all the muslims there atm are Turkified Albanians. This is definitely not true since even if all the mass migrations and expulsions of millions throughout a century, there are still Turkish people in Balkans today.

All in all, your ultra nationalistic logic fails in every point.

You even accuse Turkey for brainwashing Albanians!!! Yet you declare the pro-Turkish fondness of your people and you say yourself that even the people in Albania speaks Turkish in their homes. You guys are just being an ungrateful jerks here cuz Turkish government accepted those people without any money or property but i am sure that the Albanians in Turkey never thinks like you. The authorities gave homes to each family for free. These people always have equal rights here and no one humiliates them like they do to you in Europe/USA. Some of them became very rich too. For example, Izmir`s previous governor was a Kosovo immigrant and he was one of the most respected person in Izmir`s political life. His name was Ahmet Piristina(surname means, from Pristina, kosovo). I have no idea if he is Albanian or Turk either because we don't care at all if he is a good citizen of Turkey, like we don't care if Ataturk was Macedonian or a Turk. I don't expect you to understand our mentality tough since it`s obvious that we are living in a different world.

P. S:
                      Btw we keep writing about the expulsion of people at Yugo days but i hope you Macedonians doesn't get offended by that since i am perfectly aware with the difference between you and the former Yugo authorities and i can never consider you or ROM as responsible from that. God bless Turkey, ROM and even Albania too. Peace
                      Last edited by Onur; 07-25-2010, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Mastika
                        • Feb 2010

Ok let's assume Albania does not give Macedonia full rights, what does that have to do with the Albanians in Macedonia? We don't vote for their representatives and most of us have little to no say what occurs in their country. Again, it seems that many of you use these Macedonians to limit the rights of Albanians in Macedonia. "Well the Macedonians in ALbania don't have this, so the Albanians shouldn't have this either." Albanians are known to be fair to its minorities. Even Greeks have schools in Albania, however, the opposite is not true. .
                        You are right, the two circumstances are technically/legally independant of each other. However, the morally and socially correct thing to do would be to recognise the minority and give them full rights. It is called being fair.

Do you think possibly has to do with the fact that many Turks have worked for the well being of Yugoslavia/Macedonia? The Turks living in Macedonia are proud of the country of their birth and are proud to call themselves macedonian citizens. They respect the laws and the constitution of Macedonia. You will find that most Macedonians enjoy having Turks as fellow citizens.

Comment

• Prolet
                          • Sep 2009

The Turks in Macedonia are fantastic, i remember last year they had an anti terrorist protest about the Kurds they killed alot of people in Turkey the first thing they did in the city square of Skopje was play the Macedonian National Anthem no Albanian would do that to show respect, after they hung Turkish flags on the Stone Bridge nobody cared and other people even supported them.

When there is mutual respect, when two ethnic communities respect eachother for who they are and they respect their cultures and religion there will only be real friendship like there is with us, but with the Albanians i've seen their rallies where the Skenderbeg statue is and we see them shooting with Kalashnikovs and even at the old Bazaar we keep hearing gun shots like its some sort of a preparation for war.

I know the third Turkish family in Skopje, with ancestral roots that go back to the 13th century. They even showed me their old house that they lived in for centuries in the old Bazaar or Stara Skopska Charshija, They speak perfect Macedonian probably better then me yet they've never forgotten their roots and speak their language and follow their traditions but at the same time respect the country that they live in.
                          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Uskana
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Onur View Post
                            Dude, i cant dismiss the possibility of Serbian Yugo intention to include Albanians to the mass and dump them to Turkey along with Turkish people. Since Albanians are muslim too and because of that, probably the most common intermarriages happened between the Turkish and Albanian people for centuries. If we look at the western european fascist point of view, you Albanians were no different than Turks according to them.
                            I don't doubt intermarriages occurred but I don't thin they are as common as you think. Albanians keep a sense of "blood purity" which is sacred in Albanian culture and marrying with a Turk would be considered tabboo. Today there are some marriages between the Albanians and Turks/Torbesh, but most Albanians justify these marriages by claiming these groups have a considerable amount of Albanian blood in them. Other Albanians that marry with the group tend to be more religious. I don't necessarily believe in "blood purity" but I am just pointing out some things in the Albanian culture.

As for the Turk part, yes to Western European, at the time, Albanians were seen as "Turks." The majority of Western Europe, and even the Ottoman Empire, looked at people through their religion and not ethnicity. I believe the census during the Ottoman times were done by religion as well.

What i oppose here is; Both you and your ultra nationalist Albanian sources claims that this has been done with some kind of secret agreement between the Turks and Yugo authorities to settle you among Kurds. It cant be true since none of Balkan immigrants settled in eastern Anatolia where the Kurds lives. Besides that, like i said before, Kurds wasn't more than %4-5 of our total population at that time because most of the Kurds was living in Iraq at 1950s. Mass migration of Kurds to Turkey started after 1990, when Saddam decided to kill them with chemical bombs in there. Only after 1990s, we have %11 of Kurds here.
                            Look mate, I'll agree to disagree. Yugoslavia used Turkey to dump its Albanians and other Muslim minorities. I don't know much about Turkey but I do know many Albanians did move to villages and farms.

If someone could provide census information on Yugoslavia I would be best appreciated but all I could find was info on Wiki:

Check out the Turkish population for 1948 to 1953. The population nearly doubles while the Albanian population decreases by 30,000! That's a big change in 5 years. How convenient that these "Turks" would then be shipped off to Turkey. So yes I do believe the majority of the ppl were Albanian labeled as Turks!

You even accuse Turkey for brainwashing Albanians!!! Yet you declare the pro-Turkish fondness of your people and you say yourself that even the people in Albania speaks Turkish in their homes. You guys are just being an ungrateful jerks here cuz Turkish government accepted those people without any money or property but i am sure that the Albanians in Turkey never thinks like you. The authorities gave homes to each family for free. These people always have equal rights here and no one humiliates them like they do to you in Europe/USA. Some of them became very rich too. For example, Izmir`s previous governor was a Kosovo immigrant and he was one of the most respected person in Izmir`s political life. His name was Ahmet Piristina(surname means, from Pristina, kosovo). I have no idea if he is Albanian or Turk either because we don't care at all if he is a good citizen of Turkey, like we don't care if Ataturk was Macedonian or a Turk. I don't expect you to understand our mentality tough since it`s obvious that we are living in a different world.
                            There are many reasons why these ppl speak Turkish. Remnants of the Ottoman legacy (which did not provide Albanian schooling but provided Greek and Serbian schools!), the aristocrats spoke Turkish, the Turkification process in the 50's and so forth. It was not so much of a fondness, but something that happened over time.

As for the Albanians in Turkey, brainwashing was a bit of a strong word but they have almost fully assimilated. These Albanians are proud to be Turks for what the Turkish government provided them. In the long run though this proved to be disadvantageous to the Albanians that saw many of it's cities depopulated. Manastir was once the birth of the Albanian language and today it is predominately Macedonian.
                            Last edited by Uskana; 07-26-2010, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• Onur
                              • Apr 2010

I don't doubt intermarriages occurred but I don't thin they are as common as you think. Albanians keep a sense of "blood purity" which is sacred in Albanian culture and marrying with a Turk would be considered tabboo. Today there are some marriages between the Albanians and Turks/Torbesh, but most Albanians justify these marriages by claiming these groups have a considerable amount of Albanian blood in them. Other Albanians that marry with the group tend to be more religious. I don't necessarily believe in "blood purity" but I am just pointing out some things in the Albanian culture.
                              Mate, i was talking about the intermarriages at pre-19th century period. I agree that it wasn't that common after 1850. Also, there was no such a thing called "blood purity" before 19th century in whole Balkans.

Check out the Turkish population for 1948 to 1953. The population nearly doubles while the Albanian population decreases by 30,000! That's a big change in 5 years. How convenient that these "Turks" would then be shipped off to Turkey. So yes I do believe the majority of the ppl were Albanian labeled as Turks!
                              It`s so easy to guess the reason for it. Albania was part of the WW-2 but Turkey wasn't and Turkey was a safe-heaven again. I know that the both eastern and western borders of Turkey was full of people from every nations during the WW-2. Even some Greeks was trying to escape to Turkey. This continued after the war as well. Especially because of Stalin regime.

The annual population growth rate between 1950 to 1955 increases from %2.20 to %2.81. Thats not only because of immigrations from Macedonia. I know that lots of Tatar and Azeri Turks escaped from Russian communists at post-war era. Also the 30.000 population decrease in Albania can easily be explained by the effects of WW-2. Turkey was safe-heaven at those days. Lots of people came here over the Balkans and Caucasus. Albanians, Tatars, Azeris, Bosnians, Jews and all others. France and Poland consulates of Turkey even gave Turkish passports to 1000s of Jews in there, just to save them from genocide because according to our agreement with Germany, Nazis weren't arresting or killing any Turkish citizen during the WW-2.

As for the Albanians in Turkey, brainwashing was a bit of a strong word but they have almost fully assimilated. These Albanians are proud to be Turks for what the Turkish government provided them. In the long run though this proved to be disadvantageous to the Albanians that saw many of it's cities depopulated. Manastir was once the birth of the Albanian language and today it is predominately Macedonian.
                              Yes, i am aware that the most people with Albanian heritage in Turkey consider themselves as Turks. For example, i have an Albanian immigrant friend here, his name is Ilir(ilir, illyrian) but he cant speak single word of Albanian language. But i also have Bosnian friends here. Even if his family migrated here about 80 years ago and even if he is Turkish at mother`s side, he can speak Bosnian and he expresses his Bosnian heritage from time to time. Also same for Macedonians. Even the 3rd generation of Macedonian immigrants here can still speak Macedonian.

So, i have no idea why your fellow Albanians are like that in Turkey but we certainly never brainwash people here nor we settled any of them in eastern Anatolia among Kurds. In my opinion, it`s because of pro-Turkish fondness of your people and intermarriages with us at Ottoman era.

Ehh, you are being soooo nostalgic here about Manastir. Mate you talking about 1000+ years of time here(Dont speak like Greeks again, for the 3rd time now)

Caucasus was once the birthplace of Turkish language...
                              Mehter bands with Albanian soldiers was once banging drums at the gates of Vienna...
                              Half of the world including Manastir was belong to the Turks once... hehe

This is history anymore
                              Last edited by Onur; 07-26-2010, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• Uskana
                                Banned
                                • Jul 2010

I'm done speaking with you. So Albanians used Turkey as a safe haven but the Turks in Macedonia doubled in sized in 5 years! It would be logical that the largest group to emigrate to Turkey would be Turks. Again it was classifying these people as Turks and sending them over in the 50's provides the best explanation. It is history now you're right. These people feel Turkish today but disregarding the circumstance they came from and denying their original ethnicity is a shame. Thats how Turkish culture works. And I use Manastir as an example because it is my birthplace.

Btw, many of the Albanians in Turkey do speak Turkish, but many of them have not lost their language. Considering the hostile countries they came from they found refuge in Turkey. They were grateful BUt those those living in large Albanian villages still speak Albanian. I do not for one second believe these other groups speak their language better though! But let's see these Macedonian in Turkey you speak of. Show us many videos of them celebrating in the street with Macedonian flags. Show us traditional sang by them in Turkey. Show us any protest they might have (against say Greece or Bulgaria.) Show us some assemblies held in the Macedonian language. I can find some news and videos about each of the above for Albanians in Turkey. If so many of these ppl were Macedonian speakers it should be easy to find.

PS: Turks and Albanians intermarriage were quite uncommon. If you want you can read excerpts in the Kanun (which many Northern Albanians followed) that explicitly forbid intermarriages with foreigners. Those Albanians in Turkey on the other hand have intermarried.
                                Last edited by Uskana; 07-26-2010, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X