• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
    Green depicts Islam.
    Well aware but in this context, Islam would be referring to the Ottoman Empire. As far as the Macedonian peasant was concerned, Islam was merely the religion of the "Turks" and as the colour was used by the administration, it was therefore also the colour of the "Turks"
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• VMRO
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
      Well aware but in this context, Islam would be referring to the Ottoman Empire. As far as the Macedonian peasant was concerned, Islam was merely the religion of the "Turks" and as the colour was used by the administration, it was therefore also the colour of the "Turks"
      Correct, At that time religion was still a factor to describe the different segments of the empire.

Islam was the Ottoman Empire at that time, they had most of the important holy sites in the middle East still in 1900.

the coat of arms of the Ottoman Empire featured a green flag at left (representing the Caliphate) and red flag at right (representing the Sultanate)
      Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Flag of the Kumanovo četa

Flag of the Kratovo četa

Another flag from the Ohrid četa

Flag of the Demi Hisar četa

I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Flag used during the Melnik Uprising, later used in Ilinden

Flag used during the Neguš Uprising

Flag of the VMRO (Autonomist)

Mijak flag from the 15th century

MPO banner from 1927

Proposed flag for the Kruševo Republic

Comment

• maco2envy
            • Jan 2015

What does the last flag say?

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by maco2envy View Post
              What does the last flag say?
              20 July. The date of the Ilinden Uprising in the old calender.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Flag of the Gemidžite. Is anyone able to translate? This one is lost on me.

Comment

• VMRO
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                  Flag of the Gemidžite. Is anyone able to translate? This one is lost on me.

I believe the closest translation is, "WE ARE CLINGING FOR MACEDONIA"

Pavel Shatev was known to have said the above.
                  Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Apr 2014

To rexamine the potential forgery in some VMRO banners, let's bring up one of the Ohrid ones again.

Here's just one of the images used by the Bulgarians today:

And here's a poster made in Sofia in the 1930s, depicting the same image in the background but clearly with no Bulgarian tricolour:

Comment

• Apr 2014

Emblem of the 'Union of Macedonian Youth Organisations'

Flag from the 'Macedonian Youth Organisation' in Ruse c. 1925

Another flag from the Kumanovo četa

Seal of the Plovdiv branch of the 'Macedonian Women's Union'

Comment

• Carlin
                        • Dec 2011

What do you all think of Macedonia's official coat of arms?

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
                          What do you all think of Macedonia's official coat of arms?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...c_of_Macedonia
                          Bit weak, would much prefer the lion.

Comment

• Carlin
                            • Dec 2011

Some Macedonians seem to like the flag.

Macedonia wins the title of Best-Looking Flag

URL:
                            We wanted to see how our Maple Leaf measured up against other world flags in terms of design.

We wanted to see how our Maple Leaf measured up against other world flags in terms of design.

For the past three weeks, we’ve run a little tournament to determine which country has the best-looking flag.

And now, we have our winner: Macedonia.

The single-elimination knockout tournament started with 64 flags and used online voting to determine winners in each round. The Maple Leaf fared well in victories over Iceland, Egypt, Australia and the Netherlands before running into Macedonia in the semifinals.

It seems Macedonians caught wind of the contest sometime around the quarterfinals, when a huge wave of support for that flag began to build, carrying the Balkan republic past Switzerland, Canada and finally the United Kingdom. The final tally in the championship round was 13,190 for Macedonia to 858 for the U.K.

Overwhelming wins for Macedonia in the last three rounds suggested a semi-organized campaign was at work, but that’s OK. After all, what is a flag for, if not to rally behind?

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
                              Some Macedonians seem to like the flag.

Macedonia wins the title of Best-Looking Flag

URL:

For the past three weeks, we’ve run a little tournament to determine which country has the best-looking flag.

And now, we have our winner: Macedonia.

The single-elimination knockout tournament started with 64 flags and used online voting to determine winners in each round. The Maple Leaf fared well in victories over Iceland, Egypt, Australia and the Netherlands before running into Macedonia in the semifinals.

It seems Macedonians caught wind of the contest sometime around the quarterfinals, when a huge wave of support for that flag began to build, carrying the Balkan republic past Switzerland, Canada and finally the United Kingdom. The final tally in the championship round was 13,190 for Macedonia to 858 for the U.K.

Overwhelming wins for Macedonia in the last three rounds suggested a semi-organized campaign was at work, but that’s OK. After all, what is a flag for, if not to rally behind?
                              It's not a bad design, certainly unique but personally pisses me off.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by nushevski77
                                Same. I think its more of what it represents and how it came about that pisses me off whenever I see it, I like the real flag from 1992-1995, I think it would of won the competition as well.
                                Yeah agree, more what it symbolises than the design itself. Our true flag is far more aesthetically appealing too.

Comment

Working...
                                X