X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amitreski
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Pelister View Post

There are deeply moral, and there are deeply legal and historical reasons why we should decry/reject the terms that Greece (and the E.U and NATO) has put to us.
    I fully agree with you. That's why we should not change our name. Let's see how you can spin this now.
    "No, it is not the critic who counts. Not the one who points out how a strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and may come up short, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails daring greatly." - Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

• vodenka
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
      If everything in Greece were for sale, and it just might be, how much would all the Government owned land in and around Lerin and Voden cost, and for that matter all Gov owned land in Aegean Macedonia? Just a curious question.
      Egejska is not for sale! Lots of land belongs to the political refugees and other Macedonians whose property was confiscated by Greece and when they will win the case in the international courts we are expecting them to come here to take their property back.
      When I said, for a joke, to a greek friend of mine who was planning to buy some land, many years ago, on a greek island near Turkey, that this was a dangerous thing to do because Turkey could occupy the island and he could loose property of the land, he answered, very seriously, that there is only one place in Greece where he would NEVER buy anything and that is in Egejska. He is a very smart guy!

Comment

• Mikail
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
        alexandrov whats happening mate you are getting soft in your young age. i think umds leadership should earn back some respect and kudos through their deeds and words, until then criticsm is good.

let it also be said there a good patriots within umds membership

i would like to see umd hold elections asap. i also would like to know what is the umds relationship with metos political buddies in washington.
        Well if UMD was to hold elections, I'd like to know if Steve Kostoff would stand. There are many good people in UMD, but UMD, you are a young organisation. We all make mistakes and trip over along the way. Non of us are bigger than the cause we all fight for!
        From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• vodenka
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by amitreski View Post
          While you claim UMD is soft and not patriotic enough the greeks, in many isntances feel UMD is very radical. They are all collecting this material.

here is a recent thread

http://forums.greekcity.com.au/index...-of-melbourne/
          I know that UMD and personally Meto had been attacked in the past by greeks, everywhere (US, Greece), on blogs and on internet sites.
          UMD is doing something right if greeks get so upset! Keep up the good work, UMD.

Comment

• El Bre
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by amitreski View Post
            While you claim UMD is soft and not patriotic enough the greeks, in many isntances feel UMD is very radical. They are all collecting this material.

here is a recent thread

http://forums.greekcity.com.au/index...-of-melbourne/
            Latter half of the 20th century my ass. When are these people going to get a clue?

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by vodenka View Post
              Egejska is not for sale! Lots of land belongs to the political refugees and other Macedonians whose property was confiscated by Greece and when they will win the case in the international courts we are expecting them to come here to take their property back.
              When I said, for a joke, to a greek friend of mine who was planning to buy some land, many years ago, on a greek island near Turkey, that this was a dangerous thing to do because Turkey could occupy the island and he could loose property of the land, he answered, very seriously, that there is only one place in Greece where he would NEVER buy anything and that is in Egejska. He is a very smart guy!
              Hahaha great story. lets hope he knows something we don't know.
              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                • Oct 2009

Thanks

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                Don't know why that happened, I have made it a sticky again.
                Thanks SoM!
                For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                  • Oct 2009

yes

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                  Is Bill Shorten definately attending...???

You may want to look after Bill very kindly, he's a strong candidate for Australian PM one day...
                  Yes, to our knowledge he is. He attended the UMD lecture "Integrating Macedonia into Global Institutions and Markets" at the Australian Institute of International Affairs last week. He is a very strong friend to the Australian-Macedonian community.

Comment

• vodenka
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                    Hahaha great story. lets hope he knows something we don't know.
                    He probably does He did not explain why he said that but it was in 1991 (when the war in Yugoslavia started).

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                      • Oct 2009

again

Originally posted by Pavel View Post
                      Prolet that is absolutely false. if he is saying that now about mpo it is because of all the bad publicity he got and because of all the pressure media like mto put on. we dont want inexperienced people who just say anything to save themselves representing us. we have good people here in australia who can represent us. meto in adelaide even claimed that it is because of umd that america recognises macedonia. i don't want people who say nonsense like that representing me.
                      Again, misinterpretations. UMD's President in Adelaide did not say it is because UMD that the U.S. recognizes Macedonia. What he said was that as a result of Macedonians in America throughout the last century who have been fighting for support and recognition, and organizations like UMD. UMD does not claim exclusivity, and this success was a combination of efforts of all Macedonian-Americans.

Comment

• El Bre
                        • Sep 2008

Non of us are bigger than the cause we all fight for!
                        Amen to that.

Comment

• Pavel
                          • Oct 2009

ha ha ha i got home just in time to catch you twisting things again. i saw it and heard it. he said its thanks to organisations like umd that U.S. recognises macedonia. you are making yourself look silly. umd was hardly formed when bush recognised macedonia and it had nothing to do with umd.

Comment

• aleksandrov
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
                            Who's discussion time?
                            That of all those who could use it more effectively.

Really? The quest to silence criticism takes on new dimensions every month.
                            Quest to silence criticism? I apologize. Please continue. Just try to focus on what your ultimate aim is and the extent to which you are achieving it.

Have you been convinced that UMD have changed their policy? ...
                            No.
                            All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer

https://www.facebook.com/igor.a.aleksandrov?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

• Prolet
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                              Prolet, what the hell has the "pressure" that the EU may be applying on Macedonia have to do with the way UMD are conducting their business?

This is the point that many of you born again UMD apologists seem to be missing. The role of such organizations is to act outside of the restrictions or pressures that are applied on Governments, unless of course UMD is really a branch of the Macedonian Government or unless they represent the views of a foreign government like the USA.

Prolet, the reason organizations like the EU are applying pressure on Macedonia is because of our piss weak and corrupt officials and our equally inept representative organizations who are willing to entertain name changes and identity changes, this merely provides a path of least resistance for our enemies to channel all their energies through.

Well there are two sides to the story Phoenix, they are hanging on you could say that but if they were weak they would have changed the name before the 2008 summit in Bucharest. With a weak Diaspora i think that wont help our cause, lets see what happens the pressure will rise from here and the Government will be put to the test. So what do you suggest we do as a community? Wait to see how long Gruevski can take before he cracks or start lobbying world wide,look for support, count on friends who will back us on the name issue??

Let me ask you this question, Do you think our chances of getting name recognition will improve if we open up an office in Canberra and have people there who will lobby with the Australian MP's?? Meto perfectly stated that the UMD will not interfere it will only help. The UMD will not be the leaders of our community in Australia.
                              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• vodenka
                                • Mar 2009

The sole responsible to deal with the name issue is the legally elected government of Macedonia. Macedonian governments in the past signed agreements in UN and EU or whereever and not macedonian NGOs. How can an organization like UMD be accounted as "responsible' for any possible name change of the state of Macedonia, even if it has (I do not know if it is so) expressed a pro-compromise idea on the name issue. The entire opposition in the Macedonian Parliament is pro-compromise and nobody here is worried about it!

Comment

Working...
                                X