X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buktop
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by aleksandrov View Post
    If you are going to judge others, first judge yourself.

What have YOU done to resist and oppose the Interim Accord and the Framework Agreement?

What have YOU done to encourage the UMD to resist and oppose the Interim Accord and the Framework Agreement?

If 90% of the citizens of Macedonia decide to sell their dignity and their identity for promises of material benefit or to be led by fear, does that justify you or anyone else jumping on the bandwagon?
    It is not about judging Aleksandrov, it is about the rights of the citizens to question the constitutionality of their adherence to the Interim and Framework agreements.

Have you volunteered your time to construct a case for the constitutional court in Macedonia? Have you, being such an important activist, offered to help support a case reaching the constitutional courts?

I do what I can, when I can, I am not the activist that you are, but yet I don't see you pushing for exploring the proper avenue's of questioning or overthrowing the Interim and Framework Agreements at the constitutional courts, (where this whole matter should have been decided 20 years ago) It is not difficult to discern that the government of Macedonia follows these two agreements and considers them valid and binding and within their constitutional authority, so wouldn't the obvious course of action be to question it through the high courts?

This is not a question of what have I done, what have you done, it is a question of why hasn't this been done?
    "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
    though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
    Our long awaited hour will draw near
    and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Prolet
      • Sep 2009

A.Mitreski, You need to communicate with the people alot more rather then popping up once in a blue moon, stating something and then heading off. Sure your post does make sense and i've been saying it all along Koj Raboti Toj i Greshi, i can say the same thing for myself and we all make mistakes thats fair enough however you really need to work with the people who got us to where we are today. We have alot of smart individuals and people from the older generations who've given their lives to get to where we are today, we cannot forget our past and those who worked so hard with very little resources.

I wont criticize you however i will say this, we easily give our trust to anybody who is prepared to work for our fatherland that is always welcomed however that trust is lost even easier when things dont get cleared up and are let to drag on and on. Problems need to be solved, issues need to be resolved its how it works. We've been burned so many times we dont know who to trust anymore so you can see why some people are a bit tough on the UMD.

Just remember one thing, we all respect the fact that you are giving alot of your time and putting in the effort for our Diaspora. I dont think you will find one person who will dispute that, however you cant use that as an excuse for any failures. Just because you spend alot of time and effort does not mean that you have the right to use it against the people who question your work and even criticize yourself and the UMD. The Pressure is there in anything you do, its being able to cope with it and get results that counts and believe me once you have success you will win everyone's support. We can understand that its not easy for you guys, but remember that you need to work with everybody if you want a stronger and tougher organization because trust is something very hard to keep these days in our Diaspora and if you dont understand that you will in the near future.
      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Buktop
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
        Amitreski, are you contesting the validity of Pelister's email that you had sent to him, as presented by Pelister? I would like his opinion on this matter.
        It is pretty obvious, this isn't the first time Pelister has been caught red handed.
        "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
        though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
        Our long awaited hour will draw near
        and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

A.Mitreski, Im glad we understand eachother but believe me "Sto Narodot Misli" is not as important as "Na Kogo Narodot Mu Veruva" You cant move an inch if you dont have your back yard cleared up and you cant get very far if you dont have the support of the people. I suggest you organize yourselves wisely and gain the trust of the people because once you do that you will be much stronger and you will have everybodies support.

A word of Advise, think like a Macedonian be a man for the people dont take the Americanized way and just looking at the hours you spend. Sometimes you can achieve more in 20 minutes then you can in 80 hours. We are a small community and we all know eachother somehow or another, unity is the only way to succeed and without trust there is no unity thats for sure. I got no doubt that we can do this however not with the way things are organized right now, there is always room for improvement thats for sure.
          Last edited by Prolet; 02-03-2010, 11:52 AM.
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
            • Oct 2009

Thanks Aleks for posting the video! Here are the pictures: http://galleries.darkofoto.com/UmdFilmEventSMALL/
            For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
            http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
            Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
            Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
            Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• makedonin
              • Sep 2008

У видеото, на Грко му било мачно да го гледа филмот. Маму им јаречка!
              To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Prolet, some very wise advice. Well done.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                  There was a Greek Guy who watched it that was not very impressed because in the film it said that Aleksandar the Great was Macedonian.

Anything to add UMD?
                  No they won't. We already have confirmation the UMD chooses to ignore historical arguments. It is policy for them apparently.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by amitreski
                    If the government of the Republic of Macedonia stopped the negotiations, UMD would be the first to applaud this decision.
                    Hello amitreski, welcome to this forum.
                    I feel a little frustrated with the UMD and wonder out loud whether there has ever been situations where the UMD has done quite the opposite in relation to decisions of the Macedonian Government. Has the UMD ever castigated (any of) the Government's decisions or actions at any point? Some people may in fact view the UMD as a voice or tool of the Macedonian Government. Does the Macedonian Diaspora need to blindly support the Government in power?

I have touched upon this in the past and have wondered what the UMD will do when it comes to a crossroad in ideology. Will it be prepared to lose relationships with the Government in power to assert itself? It has never done this in the past as far as I am aware.

Thank you for admitting the error in Meto's youthful statements. We still really do not have closure on this matter until he personally deals with it. The protracted nature of this line of query has ensured the UMD is not seen to be transparent and merely raises more questions about the true intent of this organisation.

How do you feel about the MPO alliance with UMD? What are your thoughts in relation to this organisation?
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Mitreski,

If in fact UMD does not support the negotiations, why hasn't it publically called for an immediate end? Why hasn't it publically called for the Macedonian Government to declare the Interim Accord 'null and void'. Why has it consistently reprimanded Greece as the 'intransigent party' to the negotiations? Why did it reprimand Greece for not accepting “Republic of Macedonia (Skopje)” at the NATO summit?
                      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Mitreski,

Further, how do you explain Meto's other "youthfull" statements regarding name changes - particularly his written ones where he had time to consider what he was writing before posting his comments, such as the one below on Macedonian Media Monitor.

Here, Meto again argues in favour of a "political modifier" if "all else fails" for the sake of the EU and NATO. Well, Meto, most Macedonians would rather NOT join the EU and NATO if "all else fails".

"We have to be realistic, Macedonia if it wants to join NATO and EU it has to join under a modified name for those organizations ONLY.

How happy are you that we are called "The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" in NATO, UN, and EU? I'm not....wouldn't you prefer us to be called something like Democratic Republic of Macedonia instead, IF ALL ELSE FAILS, of course? I sure would. However, until all else fails, our position is double formula".

Meto Koloski
                        13 March 2008
                        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Macedo.../message/10565
                        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Warrior
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by amitreski
                          SOM

Again, Pelister has taken many statements out of context, twisted them and spun them around.

What I was trying to say to him, and I try to eliminate ambiguity.

Macedonia was vetoed in Bucharest. This was a great oportunity for Macedonia to walk out of the negotiations with pride and "krenati glavi". Greece violated the agreement by blocking the entry of Macedonia in an international decision. That's what I would have liked to happen. The government did not do that, and all questions regarding why they didn't can be directed to them.

If we continued to "negotiate" then Macedonia should have used its oportunity to display the Greek xenophobic, discriminatory policy on Macedonia. Macedonia should have displayed how Greece would do anything to harm Macedonia's EuroAtlantic Integration. And in general, Macedonia should have pointed out the intransigent party, since Greece commonly refers to Macedonia as such to foreign diplomats.

What happened was Macedonia started investing in monuments that were used to harm our public image to international diplomats. In my meetings with International diplomats that was relayed to me. That Macedonia was nationalistic, that Macedonia wanted to attack Greece, etc. To walk out of meetings and be told that Macedonia is a terrible neighbor just for planning to build a monument opposite to what Greece has been doing to Macedonia is appalling. This is all bullshit, but shows how polished the Greek diplomacy is. We just did not seize the moment. I have no problem about these monuments, just questioning the timing and hoped we were more strategic.

In terms of negotiations, I just said what Nimetz said in a public forum. Macedonia is not required to negotiate, but if Macedonia wants to join EU, NATO etc, then those are the conditions. So he is right, if the government of Macedonia does not want to join EU and NATO we can walk out of these negotiations. Unfortunately, (it is not UMD's fault) the entry in these organizations seems to be conditioned on the negotiations process.

If the government of the Republic of Macedonia stopped the negotiations, UMD would be the first to applaud this decision.

Now, where is UMD's fault in all this?

Everybody is frustrated with the position in which Macedonia is put. We should not negotiate for our name and identity. That is something that has been part of the Macedonians for several millenniums. I am quite proud of the Macedonian history, especially the antic era, with Philip and Alexander at the helm of the Macedonian Kingdom.
                          Your above statements basically says, that the UMD relays information from the maco government and also the international diplomats. What good is that of a so called non-government group? Where are the true honest views of UMD? It seems everytime you guys are questioned about some press release and its content, you dont take ownership of that release and basically suggest that it was influenced by other bodies or the political situation in RoM. You flow in the same direction as the government and also western bodies that are destabilizing RoM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Warrior View Post
                            Your above statements basically says, that the UMD relays information from the maco government and also the international diplomats. What good is that of a so called non-government group? Where are the true honest views of UMD? It seems everytime you guys are questioned about some press release and its content, you dont take ownership of that release and basically suggest that it was influenced by other bodies or the political situation in RoM. You flow in the same direction as the government and also western bodies that are destabilizing RoM.
                            I think we have a BINGO!

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by amitreski View Post
                              UMD Has never taken a stand against WMC. Stop lying.
                              Mitreski, maybe UMD hasn't taken a stand against the WMC, but the "young" Meto certainly did in his post on Macedonian Media Monitor, dated 3 April 2003:

What activites does the World Macedonian Congress and World Macedonian Youth Congress do in regards to Macedonia besides send long e-mails, which most of us get through the direct sources (newspapers) themselves?...

...As far as I know WMC and WMYC are non-active in the US and Canada and nor are the Macedonians living in North America fond of these two groups. They have caused more problems amongst our community in NJ then helped solve the problems as they claimed they would do by uniting the community.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MacedonianMediaMonitor
                              /message/1634

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

How has he been caught red handed? Are you also trying to imply that Pelister did not produce the same email to us, that was sent to him by Mitreski?
                                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                                X