Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spartan
    • Sep 2008

You make a good point, there is definitely a big difference in the examples you give above, in regard to "forgiveness"

Comment

• osiris
      • Sep 2008

Depends on what you mean by "hardcore Grkomani".
      If they were the sort who filmed demonstrations and/or reported information back to consuls etc, then it would be very difficult. (Shpioni = spies) ... And yes, they still do this Spartan.
      they are a insginificantly tiny minority, the rabid ones.

If they were merely confused and had somehow seen the light, no problem
      the overwhelming majority are in this camp. often their identity was greek while their living culture was macedonian. but even the chidren of the rabid ones can an have turned macedonian once the parental pressure is removed.

Comment

• Bratot
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        To be honest, I was horrified at how many Macedonians in the Republic did not know of their brothers in Egej. Many still (surprisingly) do not.
        And have you thought why is this so?

I don't know how many of you are familiar with all presure on Macedonian selfconcscience after II WW by the Yugoslavian authorities and their interes to keep quiet all Macedonian nationals.

One side of my family has been deported from the Aegean land in 1949, to Poland. As one of the comunist-allies countries who accepted those Macedonians.
        And it was only my grandma that manage to survive it, the destiny of the rest of her family is unknown. She is still alive, and she is the only source of information that I was able to get in my entire life, except maybe the other cases like mine, so we could share information.

I have created a new topic, with the movie about the exodus, you will find the confirmation there.
        The video has been taken back in 1949, and was hiden in front of all of us.
        And why...?? Because the YU regime didn't wanted to "provoke" Greece, later on in 1998, the same story. After a short presentation of this video matherial, it has "disappeared" from the public.
        The excuse was same, "somebody" decide that it could harm our "relations" with Greece and it wasn't the "proper time" to be released.

I'm more than happy about the step forward and the courage of the ppl who still managed to deliver this video in public.
        Last edited by Bratot; 12-27-2008, 10:02 PM.
        The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Rogi
          • Sep 2008

Has anyone been watching TV in Macedonia this year (2008) ?

Every single day on TV the story of the Macedonian child refugees from Aegean Macedonia is being told. This year was the beginning of the awakening and education of the Macedonians in the Republic of Macedonia.

The thing is, in the Republic of Macedonia, it is now quite easy to educate our people and tell them about our brothers and sisters in Aegean Macedonia and Pirin Macedonia and Mala Prespa and Golo Brdo and let them know about everything they have been through and still go through - this is because it is OUR country and we are in control of it and free. Now that it finally started 'en masse' this year, we only need to continue that campaign.

But how do we do the same in Aegean Macedonia and Pirin Macedonia where (Macedonians) are not in control and we are not free to educate our people?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

How about radio stations that can be caught on the frequencies beyond the Greek and Bulgar borders, which would be particularly (but not exclusively as the people in RoM should have access too) dedicated to the Macedonians in those parts? The presenters and organisers can be from there or descendants of people from there together with people from RoM and/or the Diaspora, it would be an uncensored message that could be communicated to our people in Pirin and the Aegean?
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Rogi
              • Sep 2008

In Lerin, a lot of the people listen (tune in) to a radio station from Prilep and listen to Macedonian music.

What would be fantastic, is to have a Radio station in Bitola, all based on the Lerin/Kostur dialect and playing Macedonian music from popular groups like Ta Aidonia (Bilbili) and playing songs that are local to the towns of Lerin/Kostur/Kaljar/etc (for as far as it can be tuned in).

Then with a bit of promotion in those towns through word of mouth (beginning with Lerin, which would be easiest) and perhaps some Billboards in the Republic of Macedonia, just past the border (when coming from Aegean Macedonia), for the Egejci coming into the Republic of Macedonia (and written in Macedonian using Greek alphabet for them to understand easiest) promoting the station.

You just might start something. The only thing the Greeks could do is put up some equipment along the border that blocks the frequency coming through. Would they?

Comment

• Sarafot
                • Dec 2008

Macedonians in Pustec and around Korča have one Macedonian radio station and macedonian language show on radio Korča,i also belive that there is one Macedonian station in Sandanski,i'll chek it out
                Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
                - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Demos
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2008

You just might start something. The only thing the Greeks could do is put up some equipment along the border that blocks the frequency coming through. Would they?
                  Guys...let's be serious. I find the above statement highly comical to say the least.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Demos View Post
                    Guys...let's be serious. I find the above statement highly comical to say the least.
                    I am not so sure.
                    I believe they had been doing similar things with television broadcasts for a while.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Demos
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2008

I am not so sure.
                      I believe they had been doing similar things with television broadcasts for a while.
                      That might be the case, but the implication by the forumer that this will somehow cause people to "see the light" and start a revolution of sorts is improbable.

As a Greek, I never really understand all this talk about borders etc etc. In the end, all of Europe will be part of the EU. Borders will be meaningless. It would be like Texas arguing with Louisiana over a state line. People will be free to travel and live anywhere within the EU they want.

Comment

• Sarafot
                        • Dec 2008

Yea and English idea will win,we will all speak language of a QUEEN?
                        Fuck that idea of asimilation,each language is worth to survive,and when all languages in europe will be protected by law,only then thet idea will be worth!!!
                        Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
                        - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

That might be the case, but the implication by the forumer that this will somehow cause people to "see the light" and start a revolution of sorts is improbable.
                          It depends on what you mean by "seeing the light".
                          If they have no reason to fear economic punishment, what is the harm in understanding more about their ancestry and identifying with their grandparents on a more realistic and new level?
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Demos
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2008

It depends on what you mean by "seeing the light".
                            If they have no reason to fear economic punishment, what is the harm in understanding more about their ancestry and identifying with their grandparents on a more realistic and new level?
                            There is absolutely no harm at all. My uncle knows very well that he is SlavoMacedonian on his mother's side, but also Greek Macedonian on his father's side.

I have heard him speak the language occasionally during family gatherings. None of us who are just Greek feel threatened by him at all. If Greeks were as racist as some people claim, than I'm sure my grandfather and grandmother would have objected to such a marriage, but that was not the case.

In the end, all people want to do is have a job, feed their families, and raise their kids. Most people couldn't care less about ancient quotes or hyperbole expressions of nationalism or their DNA for that matter.

Comment

• Daskalot
                              • Sep 2008

There is absolutely no harm at all. My uncle knows very well that he is SlavoMacedonian on his mother's side, but also Greek Macedonian on his father's side.

I have heard him speak the language occasionally during family gatherings. None of us who are just Greek feel threatened by him at all. If Greeks were as racist as some people claim, than I'm sure my grandfather and grandmother would have objected to such a marriage, but that was not the case.

In the end, all people want to do is have a job, feed their families, and raise their kids. Most people couldn't care less about ancient quotes or hyperbole expressions of nationalism or their DNA for that matter.
                              I will be kind today, I am still in my Christmas mood, so I will give you ONE(1) WARNING, one more time you will be PERMANENTLY BANNED, KATALAVES VRE GAJDURI?
                              Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Demos
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                                I will be kind today, I am still in my Christmas mood, so I will give you ONE(1) WARNING, one more time you will be PERMANENTLY BANNED, KATALAVES VRE GAJDURI?
                                And what are we to call my uncle who is a Greek Macedonian from a village north of Edessa? Or am I going to get banned for that too?

Comment

Working...
                                X