X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buktop
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
    A few posts back you didn't trust the US Census Bureau to adminster the census, asking ridiculous questions such as "Do you know who administer's it", now you supposedly trust the same Bureau and accept a mid-census estimate.

Let's accept the 170,000 figure - its still a tiny minority.

I don't think the Encyclopeadia of Cleveleand History has "done more research" than the US Census Bureau, which has conducted an actual CENSUS.

Further, you don't trust the US Census Bureau to conduct a census, yet you trust the TCA enough to "tell us why they gave UMD the money". That's like asking Meto whether he supports a name change - he'll give you a slap on the back and tell you what you want to hear. Instead, how about providing ONE reason as to why a newly incorporated organisation would provide that much funding to an new organisation from another ethnic community?
    As I said before, for arguments sake let's assume that the census information is accurate.

I do not actually believe it to be accurate, because of various misrepresentations on the ethnicity or heritage question on the form. Do you honestly believe that the census represents an accurate record of respondents? Because this is a whole other debate that we could get into.

I would trust the Encyclopedia of Cleveland History to have done a more focused study of the Turkish immigration to the US and would have a more accurate picture than the census bureau would. They analyze actual immigration records rather than surveying households.
    Last edited by Buktop; 05-25-2010, 06:10 AM.
    "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
    though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
    Our long awaited hour will draw near
    and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• molika
      • Sep 2008

UMD should take on constructive criticism, to avoid this kind of back lash.
      I am getting sick and tired of this bullshit. It’s no wonder, why Macedonians will never achieve anything, living with suspicion minds.

No individual is bigger than our name, Republic of Macedonia.
      NO is my vote.

Comment

• Prolet
        • Sep 2009

Well Said Molika

I voted No too
        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
          I would trust the Encyclopedia of Cleveland History to have done a more focused study of the Turkish immigration to the US and would have a more accurate picture than the census bureau would. They analyze actual immigration records rather than surveying households.
          Another classic Buktopism...
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

I've been informed that Daniel the Great's vote was an error, and he intended to click 'no' instead. So disregard both him and Indigen from the 'yes' list, I have updated the poll as necessary. UMD back down to 2 votes - Meto and Buktop.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Buktop
              • Oct 2009

Another classic Buktopism...
              Are you going to send me that PDF or what? Spare us from your worthless one-liners and constant insults.

Did you contact TCA yet? Or are you just going to "put out" more baseless allegations...
              "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
              though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
              Our long awaited hour will draw near
              and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
                Did you contact TCA yet? Or are you just going to "put out" more baseless allegations...
                They are only baseless until they pan out to be true.

I did call them, there was no answer other than "we know who you are". Strangely enough there has been an American car parked outside my house all night and the driver never took his sunglasses off all night!

But anyway, do you think it was the "Turkish influence" that compelled the UMetoD to be accepting of the ethnic Albanian complaints relating to the MANU Encyclopedia? Or perhaps they made that decision all by himself.

Any idea how forceful the UMetoD will be when Turkey AGAIN supports the framework agreement?

I will answer for you:

Buktopianism said "I am not the UMD, I don't know what they do. The Turks have shown a friendly hand, we should not refuse help. The UMD did not lend support to the ethnic Albanians and their ridiculous claims, they just looked like it. I know Meto and can confirm that he would never do that, irrespective of the nature of his many actions in the past.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Buktop,

You'll need to PM me an email address for the PDF document.

Whats the number for the CIA again?
                  If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

For Buktop - I hate pointing out the obvious because its such a time waster and makes the thread look amaturish, but here's ONE example of US Government funding for diaspora groups:

The State Department's "Global Partnership Initiative"
                    http://www.state.gov/s/partnerships/

It maintains four different types of partnerships, including those that seek "a shared POLICY objective".
                    http://www.state.gov/s/partnerships/...hips/index.htm

It includes "partnerships" with diaspora groups and individuals
                    http://www.state.gov/s/partnerships/vision/index.htm

What is a "partnership":

The Department defines a partnership as a collaborative working relationship with non-governmental partners in which the goals, structure and governance, as well as roles and responsibilities, are mutually determined and decision-making is shared. Successful partnerships are characterized by complementary equities, openness and transparency, mutual benefit, shared risks and rewards, and accountability.
                    http://www.state.gov/s/partnerships/guide/index.htm

What type of initiatives does this specific program support?

The Department is interested also in partnering initiatives that advance the national interest on specific policy issues such as trade, climate change and nuclear non-proliferation.
                    http://www.state.gov/s/partnerships/guide/index.htm

Finally, here's Secretary Clinton's vision:

“The State Department will be firing on all cylinders to provide forward-thinking, sustained diplomacy in every part of the world, applying pressure wherever it may be needed, but also looking for opportunities, exerting leverage, cooperating with our military and other agencies of government, partnering with nongovernmental organizations, the private sector, and international organizations, using modern technologies for public outreach, empowering negotiators who can protect our interests while understanding those of our negotiating partners. Diplomacy is hard work. But when we work hard, diplomacy can work, not just to defuse tensions, but to achieve results that advance our security interests and values.”

"I want more partnerships....I don't think there's any substitute for having seasoned, experienced professionals and experts leading our efforts on diplomacy and development and working, where possible, in partnership and coordination with the private sector and the not-for profit sector."
                    http://www.state.gov/s/partnerships/vision/index.htm

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                      • Oct 2009

Vangelovski - excellent research! We are going to look into this closely and see if we will be considered for any U.S. government funding for specific democracy-building projects.
                      For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                      http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                      Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                      Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                      Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                        Vangelovski - excellent research! We are going to look into this closely and see if we will be considered for any U.S. government funding for specific democracy-building projects.
                        I'm sure you will. American "democracy-building" projects will fit in nicely with UMD's vision for Macedonia. I'd be very surprised if UMD hasn't already been granted funding for "democracy-building" style initiatives and am not surprised that it would readily accept "democracy-building" funds.

Here's an idea - you can apply for a grant to "educate" Macedonians on "how-to-vote" in "referendums". This will be particularly useful when a name referendum is called. It will ensure an American friendly result.
                        Last edited by Vangelovski; 05-25-2010, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                          No, you need to see what you will have to compromise in order to get free money. You would have to know what is non-negotiable in terms of your ideology.
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                            • Oct 2009

Hmmm

Vangelovski - can you prove UMD has received grants from any U.S. government institutions? No! Because, if it were the case, it would be public information.

Comment

• Rogi
                              • Sep 2008

the driver never took his sunglasses off all night
                              I couldn't help it...

YouTube - Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                                • Oct 2009

Macedonian

I'm sure you will. American "democracy-building" projects will fit in nicely with UMD's vision for Macedonia. I'd be very surprised if UMD hasn't already been granted funding for "democracy-building" style initiatives and am not surprised that it would readily accept "democracy-building" funds.

Here's an idea - you can apply for a grant to "educate" Macedonians on "how-to-vote" in "referendums". This will be particularly useful when a name referendum is called. It will ensure an American friendly result.
                                UMD does not support any referendum on Macedonia's name, Macedonian identity, and Macedonian language. Macedonia, Macedonian identity, and Macedonian language is and always will be. Macedonia's government has a mandate to uphold the constitution of the Republic of Macedonia, and in this constitution, the name of the country is Republic of Macedonia, and Macedonia. To us, and to the people, there is nothing else.

As far as money goes, to our knowledge several Australian-Macedonian organizations receive Australian government funding for their projects. Why would they take money from a country that does not recognize their homeland as Macedonia? This is absurd!

Instead of spending hours bashing on the internet, why don't you write a letter to your member of Parliament and ask them what their position is on the name. Then, scan the MP's response and send it to us.

Comment

Working...
                                X