X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    Couldn't make it to Preston, and only confirmed if I was going last minute for Footscray. Sorry mate, we will all catch up at the AMHRC dinner though, one not to be missed.
    cheers mate.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

I can't see why your question was met with such shock by UMD. If I was a member of the UMD I wouldn't have any issues with the opening of new offices, so long as I am appropriately informed about initiatives and decisions taking place, and asked for input as a paying member. I can understand that the final say will come from the executive board, but I would at least like my voice to be heard and considered as a member.

Are UMD members made aware of how much offices will cost? How much is Meto's salary? Who makes these decisions and deems the figures appropriate? Which body carries out independent audits for the purpose of ensuring confidence among members and stakeholders?

Don't members have the right to know where their money is going?

I would be happy with even something as simple as the following (fictional) breakdown in AUSD:

$100,000 received from donations
      $100,000 received from membership
      $50,000 received from government or association grants

------

$20,000 spent on stationary for Macedonian schools
      $50,000 spent on promotional efforts
      $100,000 spent on Meto Koloski

Balance: $80,000

Intention for Balance: New projects, educational investments, etc, etc.

--------------------------------
      Of course, all points would require elaboration, like what projects, investments, etc and some particulars. People want to know, they deserve to know.

Is this too much to ask for a non-profit organisation?
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bratot
        • Sep 2008

Non-profit?

Smeshki.
        The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Prolet, have you lost your fuckin' mind man...or have you developed a disturbing 'man-crush' for the young Meto...?

I can't believe the shit I'm reading but it goes a long way towards explaining the degree of impotence, general apathy and outright ignorance that our community wallows in.

We are such a naive and hopeless people searching desperately for a hero that we will readily put our faith in a procession of snake oil salesmen.

Like Osiris has already mentioned, we saw the same thing with that certified lunatic Georgievski when he came to Australia in the 90's, sadly many in our community were fooled then and continue to chase fools gold today.

It's so disappointing that people struggle to seperate the showmanship from the substance...with this level of village idiocy constituting an intrinsic part of our community our fight is almost futile...

Comment

• Grotius
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
            Prolet, have you lost your fuckin' mind man...or have you developed a disturbing 'man-crush' for the young Meto...?

I can't believe the shit I'm reading but it goes a long way towards explaining the degree of impotence, general apathy and outright ignorance that our community wallows in.

We are such a naive and hopeless people searching desperately for a hero that we will readily put our faith in a procession of snake oil salesmen.

Like Osiris has already mentioned, we saw the same thing with that certified lunatic Georgievski when he came to Australia in the 90's, sadly many in our community were fooled then and continue to chase fools gold today.

It's so disappointing that people struggle to seperate the showmanship from the substance...with this level of village idiocy constituting an intrinsic part of our community our fight is almost futile...
            Precisely.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

seperate the showmanship from the substance

Well said Phoenix.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                Join us for a dinner at Sheldon Reception in Sunshine Saturday, February 20, 2010. MP Harry Jenkins, MP Brendan O'Connor, and MP Bill Shorten will be in attendance and will give remarks on Australian-Macedonian bilateral relations. Details in the flyer above.
                Is Bill Shorten definately attending...???

You may want to look after Bill very kindly, he's a strong candidate for Australian PM one day...

Comment

• Prolet
                  • Sep 2009

SOM, Sure i'll give you his answer.

UMD cut ties with MPO, they where negotiating and when they saw there was no light at the end of the tunnel they cut ties. This was in December which means you were not informed for months, his words were that the MPO had alot of Macedonian Followers but the core of the Committee where Pro Bulgarian and they couldnt go any further. MPO is a 100 year organization UMD tried to form a partnership and it didnt work out now they've moved on thats the answer.

Phoenix, Lets see what Meto can do, he is talking it up so when he delivers i will give him my support. I've had my share of empty promises, lets see what he can do. I said i was impressed with his speech but unfortunately the sweet talk needs to be turned into reality. I cant give somebody credit if they dont deserve it, the UMD have done some positives and some negatives whether thats inexperience,honest mistakes im not sure but i do know one thing that the EU and USA are putting an enormous amount of pressure for us to come up with a solution with Greece and time is running out. We need to lobby hard, we need friends on our side because a referendum will be called up soon and we'll be forced to vote for our identity.

These are the kind of headlines we'll be reading in the near future, they are already appearing now.

Решете го името брзо или ќе има проблеми!
                  That was on the front page of the Sitel Website

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Pavel
                    • Oct 2009

Prolet that is absolutely false. if he is saying that now about mpo it is because of all the bad publicity he got and because of all the pressure media like mto put on. we dont want inexperienced people who just say anything to save themselves representing us. we have good people here in australia who can represent us. meto in adelaide even claimed that it is because of umd that america recognises macedonia. i don't want people who say nonsense like that representing me.
                    Last edited by Pavel; 02-19-2010, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post

Phoenix, Lets see what Meto can do, he is talking it up so when he delivers i will give him my support. I've had my share of empty promises, lets see what he can do. I said i was impressed with his speech but unfortunately the sweet talk needs to be turned into reality. I cant give somebody credit if they dont deserve it, the UMD have done some positives and some negatives whether thats inexperience,honest mistakes im not sure but i do know one thing that the EU and USA are putting an enormous amount of pressure for us to come up with a solution with Greece and time is running out. We need to lobby hard, we need friends on our side because a referendum will be called up soon and we'll be forced to vote for our identity.

These are the kind of headlines we'll be reading in the near future, they are already appearing now.

That was on the front page of the Sitel Website

http://www.sitel.com.mk/dnevnik/make...-na-makedonija
                      Prolet, what the hell has the "pressure" that the EU may be applying on Macedonia have to do with the way UMD are conducting their business?

This is the point that many of you born again UMD apologists seem to be missing. The role of such organizations is to act outside of the restrictions or pressures that are applied on Governments, unless of course UMD is really a branch of the Macedonian Government or unless they represent the views of a foreign government like the USA.

Prolet, the reason organizations like the EU are applying pressure on Macedonia is because of our piss weak and corrupt officials and our equally inept representative organizations who are willing to entertain name changes and identity changes, this merely provides a path of least resistance for our enemies to channel all their energies through.

Comment

• aleksandrov
                        • Feb 2010

I have no intention to carry on an argument about my comments on this thread. Quite frankly, I am getting really bored with the UMD being a primary subject of discussion. I only ask the people who have responded as if I am here to defend the UMD to read my existing posts more closely, as they seem to be missing my points.
                        Last edited by aleksandrov; 02-19-2010, 08:11 AM.
                        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer

https://www.facebook.com/igor.a.aleksandrov?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

• Bill77
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                          Prolet, the reason organizations like the EU are applying pressure on Macedonia is because of our piss weak and corrupt officials and our equally inept representative organizations who are willing to entertain name changes and identity changes, this merely provides a path of least resistance for our enemies to channel all their energies through.
                          The reason they are applying pressure is because we are showing to much interest in entering these organizations.

I have an idea, lets show them we are loosing interest and draw our own red line. Tell them when you are ready to accept us, you know where we are, they can call us.

Comments by members of macedonian organisations, be it hypothetical or be it taken out of context, shows signs of buckling and does not help.
                          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• amitreski
                            • Feb 2010

UMD HAS NEVER ADVOCATED FOR NAME CHNAGE. NEVER!

Anybody claiming the opposite is intentionally misrepresenting the truth, in other words lying.
                            "No, it is not the critic who counts. Not the one who points out how a strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and may come up short, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails daring greatly." - Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

• amitreski
                              • Feb 2010

Just to be clear. UMD has not received any government funds.
                              "No, it is not the critic who counts. Not the one who points out how a strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and may come up short, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails daring greatly." - Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

• amitreski
                                • Feb 2010

While you claim UMD is soft and not patriotic enough the greeks, in many isntances feel UMD is very radical. They are all collecting this material.

here is a recent thread

Comment

Working...
                                X