• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phoenix
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
    Thats right Rogi

Its the Greek lobby nothing more, its not like anybody is asking Mike Rann to have a go at the Greeks here we are only asking him to respect all ethnic minorities in Australia.

Rogi, You spoke of EU support, what about Finland they are in the race too remember?? Finland is an EU country.
    Prolet, you're not thinking like a politician, think like a desperate prostitute and how you will accept money from anyone for sex...in the Rann affair, change the word money for votes...the greeks offer more votes, therefor he will do whatever it takes to win those votes...sadly it is at our expense

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
      • Oct 2009

Makedonche - and thank you for your support of UMD! Unfortunately, UMD has a lot on its plate with activities and cannot respond to every single post or in a timely manner. As we have said in the past, concerns, issues, questions, comments, can be raised in the appropriate manner phone call, face-to-face meeting, or e-mail communication.
      For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
      http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
      Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
      Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
      Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Rogi
        • Sep 2008

I thought you meant Greece (as in the country) rather than the Greeks in Australia, in which case I completely agree.

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
          Prolet, you're not thinking like a politician, think like a desperate prostitute and how you will accept money from anyone for sex...in the Rann affair, change the word money for votes...the greeks offer more votes, therefor he will do whatever it takes to win those votes...sadly it is at our expense
          Phoenix, There is nothing wrong for an Australian to come to a Greek event and even offer support to Greeks i got no problem with this. But why should he or she be racist towards us?? We have a good friendship with the Croatian community but you dont hear our people publicly attacking their enemies do you? What business does Mike Rann have to shit on our people?? If he wants Greek votes then so be it i got no problem with that however he broke nearly every racial discrimination law by giving them his support.

So a smart politician will get their way so that everybody votes for them, you dont take sides when you have nothing to do with the issue like what Jeff Kennett and Mike Rann did.
          Last edited by Prolet; 02-14-2010, 08:24 AM.
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

UMD Roadshow

How did the Wollongong and Sydney legs of the UMD tour go, did any forum members attend any of these sessions...???

Comment

• borce
              • Jan 2010

hi folks,

long time listener, first time caller :-)

I was at the Sydney one and was very dissapointed.
              Primarily by the lack on under 40's that were there.
              Whether you agree or disagree with the UMD, it think it was a good forum to voice your opinion either way.

I'll be upfront and say that to date I've been a UMD sceptic.
              I still am after the meeting, but at the same time have gained a little more respect for the group.

What stood out for me was the umerous "non-name" activities that the UMD undertake to support nashi all around the world. There is no doubt in my mind that they are having a positive impact.

What really stood out for me about the Sydney UMD event though, was the utter lack of intelligence amongst the majority of the audience.

First of all, questions were limited to just a few. Not because Meto wanted this, but even after repeated requests from Meto to keep them short and simple, every single person felt the need to do his/her 15 min welcome speach. One included an advert for Bondi, another was asking if he was single, and to find a wife for the man etc etc

Secondly, i honestly can't remember a single "important" question. There were a hell of a lot of "statements" but very little questions.

Thirdly when a women with half a clue got up to ask a second question, she was greeted with "dosta mori ti, sega ne prasha neshto"

We had another member of the audience repeatedly (read 10 times) tell Meto that he was close to NY so why not stroll into the UN to grab the agreement paper for when we admitted as fyroM and simply change it. It was funny once, but fark me 10 times.

So, there you have it
              The end result for me was a realisation that the UMD do do alot of good for Macedonian's all around the world, and sadly that in Sydney, if thats a representation of the members of the Macedonian community that has an interest in our future, then we are well and truely farked! :-)

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by borce View Post
                hi folks,

long time listener, first time caller :-)

I was at the Sydney one and was very dissapointed.
                Primarily by the lack on under 40's that were there.
                Whether you agree or disagree with the UMD, it think it was a good forum to voice your opinion either way.

I'll be upfront and say that to date I've been a UMD sceptic.
                I still am after the meeting, but at the same time have gained a little more respect for the group.

What stood out for me was the umerous "non-name" activities that the UMD undertake to support nashi all around the world. There is no doubt in my mind that they are having a positive impact.

What really stood out for me about the Sydney UMD event though, was the utter lack of intelligence amongst the majority of the audience.

First of all, questions were limited to just a few. Not because Meto wanted this, but even after repeated requests from Meto to keep them short and simple, every single person felt the need to do his/her 15 min welcome speach. One included an advert for Bondi, another was asking if he was single, and to find a wife for the man etc etc

Secondly, i honestly can't remember a single "important" question. There were a hell of a lot of "statements" but very little questions.

Thirdly when a women with half a clue got up to ask a second question, she was greeted with "dosta mori ti, sega ne prasha neshto"

We had another member of the audience repeatedly (read 10 times) tell Meto that he was close to NY so why not stroll into the UN to grab the agreement paper for when we admitted as fyroM and simply change it. It was funny once, but fark me 10 times.

So, there you have it
                The end result for me was a realisation that the UMD do do alot of good for Macedonian's all around the world, and sadly that in Sydney, if thats a representation of the members of the Macedonian community that has an interest in our future, then we are well and truely farked! :-)
                Thanks for sharing that with us borce...

I just wonder how far beyond the internet community does an awareness of UMD actually extend amongst the wider Macedonian population...most people agree that Meto is a polished performer on the stage and certainly not everything about them can be considered bad or evil but the fact that they have let themselves down with some very public "mistakes" is disturbing and perhaps has diminished their 'good' work overall...?

Comment

• Bill77
                  • Oct 2009

Thanks for your input Borce.

It sounds like it was as interesting as waching paint dry. But i supose thats what UMD prefers and used to. Which is why they go ape shit when serious questions are raised here on MTO.

more prosti narod. narodo za grevota sne.
                  http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Rogi
                    • Sep 2008

Welcome to the forum borce.

I do not think you should despair about the quality and intelligence in our community. Many of the activists are educated professionals, many of them are busy individuals, whilst also dedicating time to activism and advocacy for the Macedonian cause.

I would expect that a great many of them do not have the time, or avoid, such 'feel good' public forums where, where much of the same is repeated, little progress is made. Our open community forums are always much the same, they're either without a set agenda, or it is not adhered to; as important as they are for gauging community sentiment and PR, they don't provide much value.

Take a look at this forum though. I would argue that the predominant group are Australian Macedonians and many are very actively involved in the community or behind the scenes, all of them quite intelligent and astute.

Take this forum as the basis upon which you can evaluate the potential and capacity of our community, instead.

Comment

• borce
                      • Jan 2010

Thanks for welcome guys.

Rogi i completely agree mate. And there were a few there who fit your description.
                      I think my comments may have been a little harsh born from the fact that as said i was pretty fustrated at the lack of "youngies" for want of a better word.

Something that also stood out for me, was a member of the audience who stood up and held in his hand a copy of a book which contained all "official" Macedonian Diaspora organisations which was published and released by Macedonia. I was absolutely floored when he read through the number of Albanian organisations that were listed. Not a single one was listed as "Macedonian Albanian blahblah organisation", but all simply as "Albanian blahblah organisation".
                      All published by the RoM govt, and you can bet not a single one has done a single thing for the MACEDONIAN Diaspora. A nice way though to let the dushmani know where to find like minded people.
                      I may be harsh in thinking this, but when it was brought o Meto's attention he said that he had skimmed the publication but hadn't look to far into the Australian section (where the person was reading from). This pi$$ed me off a bit, as I would think a publication such as this would be something that UMD would pay a lot of attention too, as after all its an address book of all groups across the world, that UMD would be representing, correct?

Comment

• BigMak
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2009

Borce, If you were dissapointed with the sydeny based crowed I will hate to even imagine what the Perth based attendees will be like.

Something to look forward to I guess

Comment

• osiris
                          • Sep 2008

borche the umd only represents its members mate, and as you rigtly point out are only one of many groups in the diaspora, yet often claim they speak for much more than they do. they certainly have a sense of self importance, grand gestures and corporoate style spin only time will tell what their role and input has been.

while i wish them luck and hope they do make a significant contibution to the macedonian cause they do not represent my views or of the many activists and patriots that i know, some who have been active in macedonian matters for half a decade.

the fact there were so few youngies is in my opinion not a good sign. it means sadly that they are not attracting new members to our cause but relying on the stari isgoreni dushi who during their life time have kept the macedonian spirit alive in the diaspora.
                          Last edited by osiris; 02-15-2010, 05:22 AM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by borce View Post
                            This pi$$ed me off a bit, as I would think a publication such as this would be something that UMD would pay a lot of attention too, as after all its an address book of all groups across the world, that UMD would be representing, correct?
                            Borce, I know UMD has maid some vague claims in terms of who/what they represent, however, UMD only "represents" its paid members. In fact, until UMD holds an election for its Board in 2011, it only represents the view's of its self-appointed Board Members. It in now way represents non-members or any other organisation.
                            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• aleksandrov
                              • Feb 2010

I didn't go to the public forum, due to other priorities, but I did make time to meet with Meto for a private discussion. He left me with an impression of an intelligent, hard-working and disciplined young American Macedonian, with significant political or advocacy potential. I conveyed my concerns about UMD's position on certain policy issues that I feel very strongly about, including the Ohrid Framework Agreement, and he showed understanding. Unfortunately, we didn't get time to go to into a lot of depth towards bridging the gap between UMD (lack of) official policy and long-standing policies of the key Macedonian organizations in Sydney and Australia. I hope that we can make some more specific progress in future.

People shouldn't place too much weight on responses at public talks. Such forums naturally attract the interested, but uninitiated and uninformed.
                              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer

https://www.facebook.com/igor.a.aleksandrov?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

• julie
                                • May 2009

Originally posted by aleksandrov View Post
                                I didn't go to the public forum, due to other priorities, but I did make time to meet with Meto for a private discussion. He left me with an impression of an intelligent, hard-working and disciplined young American Macedonian, with significant political or advocacy potential. I conveyed my concerns about UMD's position on certain policy issues that I feel very strongly about, including the Ohrid Framework Agreement, and he showed understanding. Unfortunately, we didn't get time to go to into a lot of depth towards bridging the gap between UMD (lack of) official policy and long-standing policies of the key Macedonian organizations in Sydney and Australia. I hope that we can make some more specific progress in future.

People shouldn't place too much weight on responses at public talks. Such forums naturally attract the interested, but uninitiated and uninformed.

Alexandrov , Have you had an opportunity to view Risto the Great tape posted on the forum? Well articulated question with a less than satisfactory response.
                                I was also present
                                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

Working...
                                X