X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by momce View Post
    It has alot to do with it since "Macedonian" is a specific ancient language, with a specific name. And I have yet to see the two connected other then superficially. And as far as I know modern Macedonian wasnt called that until the 19th century and then under some controversy.
    If it has "a lot to do with it", then explain it in detail for all of us.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• momce
      Banned
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Eden View Post
      Momce, our language is macedonian, because it elvoved specifically in Macedonia, and contains all the influences that the region have known. We have not informations about the ancient macedonians language, but let me tell you my thoughts. It is pretty sure that the ancient macedonians were of thracians ancestry, and their languages related to the thracians. I agree with Alinei's theory saying that Thracians were slavic speaking people. I do not believe to the slavic migrations, after reading Curta's books, i'm pretty convinced that slavs are natives to the balkans. I think that ancient macedonian and modern macedonian languages are connected, because they're from the balto-slavic-(and paleo-balkans?) family of languages. But they are not the same of course, two milleniums separate them, the same for the peoples, they are somehow connected but not the same.
      I don't know what you search, if you want to call macedonian language by the generic term used for centuries, ok, it's your choice, call it bulgarian and call yourself a bulgarian. But remember even in Bosnia it was said that the population spoke bulgarian, because bulgarian was a synonym of slavic. Are bosnians bulgarians?
      So make a choice, but if you want to call your language bulgarian, call the greek language roman, etc...
      I never called it Bulgarian, I'm just trying to understand the process and I'm not exactly sure if I'm ready to argue ancient Macedonian was proto-Slavic. Is there something published where I can read that?

Comment

• Eden
        • Jan 2013

From http://www.continuitas.org/ :

(e) The totally absurd thesis of the so called 'late arrival' of the Slavs in Europe must be replaced by the scenario of Slavic continuity from Paleolithic, and the demographic growth and geographic expansion of the Slavs can be explained, much more realistically, by the extraordinary success, continuity and stability of the Neolithic cultures of South-Eastern Europe (the only ones in Europe that caused the formation of tells) (Alinei 2000a, 2003b).

Comment

• momce
          Banned
          • Oct 2012

OK thanks I'll look into that more. Yes that appears to be a minority position though that ancient Macedonian was shared characteristics, with Slavic, Germanic if I'm not mistaken etc. Yes I am nashe of course.
          Last edited by momce; 03-19-2013, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• Gocka
            • Dec 2012

I can't believe he lasted 400 posts until he finally revealed himself. Look at the length that people go to in order to undermine us. I think this prvoves that we clearly pose some kind of threat that someone would be willing to go through all that trouble just to stick in a few jabs.

It actually gives me some hope. The fact that people see you as a threat means you are still relevant, beware when they dont think you are relevant and not worth the effort.

Comment

• Pelagon
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
              I can't believe he lasted 400 posts until he finally revealed himself. Look at the length that people go to in order to undermine us. I think this proves that we clearly pose some kind of threat that someone would be willing to go through all that trouble just to stick in a few jabs.

It actually gives me some hope. The fact that people see you as a threat means you are still relevant, beware when they don't think you are relevant and not worth the effort.

It is true that a political activism of a relatively small number of dedicated patriotic Macedonians, mainly in the Diaspora, during the late 1970s to early 1990s caused the Greek state and its Diaspora appendages to unleash a massive (and very, very expensive) propaganda project to counter that work and to try and claim all the glory and heritage of our ancient Macedonian predecessors as their own but in the process they ETERNALISED that glorious name and heritage. I only wish they would sculpture (as they have proposed) the face of Aleksandar on the Mountain facing the sea someday soon to top of that great achievement for Macedonian activism.

But keep in mind that there a few odrodi doing such things for kicks because they have/had some Yugo complex that has fallen apart. I ran into several of such characters on online forums back in the late 1990s and early 2000s when Lupcho's Big Bugaroman "Tajfa" had almost total power in the republic and they turned "bugaroman". It would not surprise if one or two of those black sheep are still not lurking around forums like these and plying their dirty trade.
              Last edited by Pelagon; 03-20-2013, 02:25 AM.

Comment

• Pelagon
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                Are you for real? Or are you on some sort of an acid trip?

First explain to me what the origin or family classification has to do with the actual name of a language. Then you'll answer your own idiotic questions.
                I reckon his on a trip to get attention by agitating us to respond to him and the malaka has no sense of self-respect or even a feeling of being Macedonian anything.

Comment

• EricTheRed
                  • Oct 2012

While I know it may sound irrelevant, shouldn't this thread's title change? Apparently the original topic and the first 2 pages are off-topic. P:

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

it's hard to beleive that even though the greeks dwell in the past as if they know more aboiut the past than recent history.i was told by a greek person the govt teches in greek schools about the various battles etc.So how could they miss out.Very odd.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• EricTheRed
                      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                      it's hard to beleive that even though the greeks dwell in the past as if they know more aboiut the past than recent history.i was told by a greek person the govt teches in greek schools about the various battles etc.So how could they miss out.Very odd.
                      I second that greek person. What the prof claims is bs, as I have explained above. This was a (rather irrelevant in regards to Macedonia) attempt to make Greek university students and the whole greek educational system in general to appear like totally retarded, in contrast to this smart and hardworking Albanian student(who actually received education in Greece). While it could be a valid scenario for a B-rated movie, reality just cant suck that much....

Comment

• SirGeorge8600
                        • Jun 2011

lol momce, are you even from the Balkans? You seem to be bashing everyone from there.

I'm not surprised that these university students have abandoned history studies, because a degree in history will get you no where in bankrupt Greece. They're all too busy studying international business or engineering/science so they can leave the blackhole of unemployment (Greece). Hence, even if the Greek economy manages to go back to normal, we will see it face what Japan is facing today after their 90's collapse..an aging population with exported youth and industries importing foreigners to do the job or getting hurt very badly.

Comment

• Bill77
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by EricTheRed View Post
                          This was a (rather irrelevant in regards to Macedonia) ..
                          You think so?
                          These students are future Greek politicians, journalists, police/soldiers or whatever...who will carry on with "Macedonia is Grik" and you say it is irrelevant in regards to Macedonia?

The world should become aware of Greek embarrassments and naiveity like this. It's in Macedonias best interest.
                          Last edited by Bill77; 04-16-2013, 11:57 PM.
                          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

It's in the national psyche to carry on as a proper grk.Especially when it ws alldrummed into them at a young age. that the grks are benefactors of the macedonians.The ones accross the border are not macedonians says their propaganda.So it's a huge legacy rhey think they carry.They can't think when everything is disaster they aren't really what they seem.Truth will be outed.
                            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                            X