X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by momce View Post
    Maybe I dont claim to know everything. What would be proto-Macedonian or common Macedonian for example(not standardised)?
    I'm not sure what you're trying to ask.

I'm still wondering what these 'common academic nomenclatures' are and which academics use them?
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• momce
      Banned
      • Oct 2012

As far as I'm aware its classified as south Balkan slavic. What would common Macedonian be or proto-Macedonian be, and what would its relation to ancient Macedonian be? And spoken Macedonian as opposed to written, standardised?

Comment

• momce
        Banned
        • Oct 2012

[QUOTE=Vangelovski;141063]Its origins are irrelevant to its identification as the Macedonian language. You don't, for example, state Germanic English or English Germanic.

Is that really true though? That its origins are not relevant to its identification? If that were true then it could only be known as Macedonian superficially.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

As far as I'm aware its classified as south Balkan slavic. What would common Macedonian be or proto-Macedonian be, and what would its relation to ancient Macedonian be? And spoken Macedonian as opposed to written, standardised?
          You're either way out of your league or being deceitful.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

WTF are you on about?
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Is that really true though? That its origins are not relevant to its identification? If that were true then it could only be known as Macedonian superficially.
              Yes, it is true.

Why don't you refer to English Germanic or Germanic English?

Comment

• momce
                Banned
                • Oct 2012

But I'm looking for a scientific definition and I note scientific. So yes it is English-Germanic. So what is the scientific definition of modern Macedonian? Is the Turkish spoken in Macedonia, Macedonian? Macedonian-Turkish, Orca language etc?. Is it exogenous or indigenous to Macedonia? Was it present on the territory of the 1st Macedonian Kingdom as we traditionally know it, Pindus-Lebaia? Is it spoken there today? Does it have any relation to the evidence we have of ancient Macedonian etc etc? I see some interesting work here on the old Balkan languages and modern (slavic) Macedonian-(Thracian?) but I have yet to see any convincing work on its relation to ancient Macedonian whatsoever. You dont think thats important? And please dont pop out an IGENEA genetics study when the going gets tough or some hearsay about some wierdo archaeologist who has been waiting to publish his work for the last 30 years of stuff he found in his dedos basement because you will be tar and feathered and thrown out of the lecture hall as a laughing stock. And I notice now the origins of the ancient Macedonians are conveniantly located in the territory of ROM apparently. There is legitimate and then there is what is not legitimate and what is not academically or scientifically acceptable. And if you base a politics or state on the notions of cranks you will justifiably be ostracised, isolated and considered a black sheep and I pity those who are associated with it by intention or by merely belonging to a particular linguistic group.
                Last edited by momce; 03-19-2013, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

there was a thread that was maintained as to the origin of albanians that one thing is they aren't direct descendants of illyrians.It was found the serbs were the illyrian.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

they are not illyrian.Recent testing shows that they are more slavic than anything else.The only illyrian is about 10 % but that's the same result everywhere.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Gocka
                      • Dec 2012

Am I the only one who is shocked by Momces sudden transformation into what I would classify as Anti-Macedonian? He is even writing differently, as if it's not even the same person, no one else is noticing this, am I crazy?

I've read many of his posts on here and his manner of writing is just different in my opinion. I am also wondering if he is Macedonian. He seems to be going out of his way to be anti-Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

But I'm looking for a scientific definition and I note scientific. So yes it is English-Germanic. So what is the scientific definition of modern Macedonian? Is the Turkish spoken in Macedonia, Macedonian? Macedonian-Turkish, Orca language etc?. Is it exogenous or indigenous to Macedonia? Was it present on the territory of the 1st Macedonian Kingdom as we traditionally know it, Pindus-Lebaia? Is it spoken there today? Does it have any relation to the evidence we have of ancient Macedonian etc etc? I see some interesting work here on the old Balkan languages and modern (slavic) Macedonian-(Thracian?) but I have yet to see any convincing work on its relation to ancient Macedonian whatsoever. You dont think thats important? And please dont pop out an IGENEA genetics study when the going gets tough or some hearsay about some wierdo archaeologist who has been waiting to publish his work for the last 30 years of stuff he found in his dedos basement because you will be tar and feathered and thrown out of the lecture hall as a laughing stock. And I notice now the origins of the ancient Macedonians are conveniantly located in the territory of ROM apparently. There is legitimate and then there is what is not legitimate and what is not academically or scientifically acceptable. And if you base a politics or state on the notions of cranks you will justifiably be ostracised, isolated and considered a black sheep and I pity those who are associated with it by intention or by merely belonging to a particular linguistic group.
                        Are you for real? Or are you on some sort of an acid trip?

First explain to me what the origin or family classification has to do with the actual name of a language. Then you'll answer your own idiotic questions.

Comment

• momce
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2012

It has alot to do with it since "Macedonian" is a specific ancient language, with a specific name. And I have yet to see the two connected other then superficially. And as far as I know modern Macedonian wasnt called that until the 19th century and then under some controversy.
                          Last edited by momce; 03-19-2013, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• Kabadaja
                            • May 2010

Gocka. I jas imam primeteno deka momce Makedonce go ima smenato tempo. Momce Makedonce, ti da ne si pijan be cojek? So vrlas gluposti majkomu stara? Kazi mi sto sakas da kazis so pufkite gore.
                            Macedonia – our identity, our faith, our history, our tradition, our culture, our past, our future – that’s Macedonia.

Comment

• makgerman
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                              Am I the only one who is shocked by Momces sudden transformation into what I would classify as Anti-Macedonian? He is even writing differently, as if it's not even the same person, no one else is noticing this, am I crazy?

I've read many of his posts on here and his manner of writing is just different in my opinion. I am also wondering if he is Macedonian. He seems to be going out of his way to be anti-Macedonian.
                              Reminds me very much of Damian. Started off as a Pro-Macedonian and ended up questioning everything that is Macedonian. We'll see!

Comment

• Eden
                                • Jan 2013

Momce, our language is macedonian, because it elvoved specifically in Macedonia, and contains all the influences that the region have known. We have not informations about the ancient macedonians language, but let me tell you my thoughts. It is pretty sure that the ancient macedonians were of thracians ancestry, and their languages related to the thracians. I agree with Alinei's theory saying that Thracians were slavic speaking people. I do not believe to the slavic migrations, after reading Curta's books, i'm pretty convinced that slavs are natives to the balkans. I think that ancient macedonian and modern macedonian languages are connected, because they're from the balto-slavic-(and paleo-balkans?) family of languages. But they are not the same of course, two milleniums separate them, the same for the peoples, they are somehow connected but not the same.
                                I don't know what you search, if you want to call macedonian language by the generic term used for centuries, ok, it's your choice, call it bulgarian and call yourself a bulgarian. But remember even in Bosnia it was said that the population spoke bulgarian, because bulgarian was a synonym of slavic. Are bosnians bulgarians?
                                So make a choice, but if you want to call your language bulgarian, call the greek language roman, etc...

Comment

Working...
                                X