Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Great effort by the Aussies against the Serbs, and proof that, were we to get our act together earlier against both Germany and Ghana, we would have made it to the next round, no doubt. Any team can be beaten, the Serbs showed this against Germany. Although in both this and the previous world cup Australia could have gone further, they have certainly progressed as a footballing nation and the only way from here is forward.

That said...........Adelante muchachos de Maradona! Argentina Adelante!
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Warrior
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
      @ Bill
      Didnt see the game, cant comment

@Warrior
      Your a big Liverpool fan, yea?
      Yes I am........Dont tell me the German coach will be our next manager for the coming season!!!
      Last edited by Warrior; 06-23-2010, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Greeks seem to like having German leaders called Otto, apparently an ancient tradition that started in the day where the Athenian still wore a fez as a matter of principle.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Spartan
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Warrior View Post
          Yes I am........Dont tell me the German coach will be our next manager for the coming season!!!
          I doubt that.
          Hes in his 70s, and as far as Ive been reading, hes retiring from the game.
          There was another motive behind my question

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

Warrior, The Serbs didnt have the guts to go through especially in the second half, im so proud of Australia and that spirit is unbelievable im very happy of the game played and im also happy to see the back of Verbeek.

Serbia are a good strong unit but with that kind of attack didnt deserve to go to the next round, having said that Ghana didnt deserve to go either i think Australia did especially with that fight back spirit they have i really enjoyed that game. To have the two best players sent off in Kewell and Cahill, to come back the way they did its fantastic no doubt.

England vs Germany in the next round and USA vs Ghana.

SOM, Whats your opinion on these games? USA will go further i think.
            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Prolet, both England and Germany are supposed to be 'powerhouses' and they have, for the most part, performed poorly (according to the 'expected' standards). I couldn't care who wins, but I think that the English may get it over the Germans. Germany have a tendency to become more defensive in the elimination stages, which often contrasts their play in the group games (Italia 90 is a perfect example), I suppose it is the same for many other teams also, but I think England will be firing more. The Turk Ozil from Germany scored a fantastic goal by the way.

I think the Slovenes were unlucky not to progress, but the USA were also unlucky to have not beaten Slovenia when the last goal was disallowed. Ghana have got skills and good ball control like most other African teams, but nobody there to finish.

Who knows, I am indifferent either way, I think the Anglo-German (How ironic, lol) game should be the more interesting.

Comment

• makalek
                • Apr 2010

I like Germany over England. England might be more talented on paper but Germany plays as a team and they are more clinical when it comes to finishing.

As for the U.S., they want to get some revenge as Ghana knocked them out at the 2006 World Cup but the continent of Africa will be cheering for Ghana so it could go either way. I give the slight advantage to the U.S.

Comment

• makalek
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                  Warrior, The Serbs didnt have the guts to go through especially in the second half, im so proud of Australia and that spirit is unbelievable im very happy of the game played and im also happy to see the back of Verbeek.

Serbia are a good strong unit but with that kind of attack didnt deserve to go to the next round, having said that Ghana didnt deserve to go either i think Australia did especially with that fight back spirit they have i really enjoyed that game. To have the two best players sent off in Kewell and Cahill, to come back the way they did its fantastic no doubt.

England vs Germany in the next round and USA vs Ghana.

SOM, Whats your opinion on these games? USA will go further i think.
                  Prolet, did you happen to see the Macedonian flag at the end of the Serbia/Australia game?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

I saw someone holding up the Macedonian flag during a Slovenian game, but forgot which one it was exactly.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                      • Nov 2009

Did anyone see the Macedonian flag in the crowd of the Australia vs Serbia match?

Comment

• Prolet
                        • Sep 2009

SOM, There were Macedonian Supporters at the Slovenian games.

SOM, Makalek, Here is the flag

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Prolet
                          • Sep 2009

SOM, Whats your opinion on Kirilica.com.mk doing a campaign to support all neighbors in the world cup??

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Inform the idiot who created the poster of "dobrite sosedi" during other competitions where racists from Greece jump up and down whenever there is a mere utterance of the word 'Macedonia'. Stress on the word idiot, which can be applied as a noun and adjective for this idiot.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                              • Jan 2010

Great effort by the Aussies, it was a top performance this morning. That is how we should play, not this defensive shit we adopted in previous games. Although Australia didn't qualify, we are all very proud of their display in the 2nd and 3rd games of the group stage. We were unlucky not to beat Ghana, and a win there would've made it a hell of a lot easier for Aus to qualify.
                              What really killed it for us was the match against Germany. If we had the right player selection and formation on the day the result might have been totally different, a 1-0 loss would've sufficed.

I don't think Ghana deserved to qualify. They only managed to score two goals in all 3 games, both from penalties. For the most part they also only versed 10 men. And if a few decisions from the reff went and probably should've gone Australia's way, it may be a very different story right now. I guess they need an African team in the final 16....
                              The Germans certainly didn't help us and I think Ghana would've been more than ecstatic with a 1-0 loss. They now face the USA as opposed to an out of form English team.

Now that Verbeek will finally head off, who will take the job?
                              I believe that Australia need an Australian coach for that team chemistry. Who better than Craig Foster. He is a passionate and proud socceroos fan and definitely knows what he is on about when it comes to tactics and play. Australia needs someone that cares and puts the best options on the table, not a coach that is half-assed and walks away with the cheque.

Comment

• Warrior
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                                SOM, Whats your opinion on Kirilica.com.mk doing a campaign to support all neighbors in the world cup??

People are sick!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X