X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EgejskaMakedonia
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
    preston has improved & is ver positive on winning.Their whole attitude has changed per radio interview end of year.
    Let's hope they push for promotion next season. Hopefully good times ahead.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
      It's almost impossible to respect a team that Muscat is involved in. Unfortunately Heart still has a very small supporter base, which highlights the stupidity of not having two Melbourne teams from the get-go. The geographical distinction of 'Western Sydney' has really helped the Wanderers. Hopefully they can cement a top 3 spot come finals.

I think Preston has seen the worst and is now on the up. Last I heard was that their debt has been significantly reduced, and by the looks of things some quality players have joined the ranks.

I don't know much about Sydney Makedonia (they are the Bankstown Lions right?). From what I have heard/seen, it's been very positive. It's always fun beating the Serb/Greek/grkomani teams...I still regret not going to the Preston Makedonia v South Melb match in 2005.
      Yep that's them mate their In an ok state at the moment. It won't be the same though unless they let the supporter group Lions Pride back In. Fans make football and I am Into all that Macedonian ultras stuff which is why I like the RBB so much. That 2005 game was the one with the brawl and the 1-0 victory to Preston Yeh. Seen vids of it and it would have pro
      bably been the best game to ever attend considering it was against the Greeks.
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
        Yep that's them mate their In an ok state at the moment. It won't be the same though unless they let the supporter group Lions Pride back In. Fans make football and I am Into all that Macedonian ultras stuff which is why I like the RBB so much. That 2005 game was the one with the brawl and the 1-0 victory to Preston Yeh. Seen vids of it and it would have pro
        bably been the best game to ever attend considering it was against the Greeks.
        Lol did they get banned or something?

Yeh, a big part of football is the atmosphere created by the fans. Love the flares as well back in the days. There were a few at the Melb Derby a few weeks ago which was pretty funny. We had tickets next to yarraside, which was a great atmosphere.

Yeh it was the 1-0 game. I was only a little kid back then, so my Dedo and parents weren't too keen on me going to that match. I reckon beating the grkomani (Heidelberg) is just as good of a feeling, in particular since they are from Lerin too.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
          • Jul 2012

Lol did they get banned or something?

Yeh, a big part of football is the atmosphere created by the fans. Love the flares as well back in the days. There were a few at the Melb Derby a few weeks ago which was pretty funny. We had tickets next to yarraside, which was a great atmosphere.

Yeh it was the 1-0 game. I was only a little kid back then, so my Dedo and parents weren't too keen on me going to that match. I reckon beating the grkomani (Heidelberg) is just as good of a feeling, in particular since they are from Lerin too.
          Is Heidelberg a mixture of Greeks and brainwashed Macedonians who think they are Greek? Is your family from Lerin EM? In all honestly where I live here in Sydney I cannot remember ever meeting a person from Egejska Makedonia which I find pretty weird.
          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
            • Jan 2010

Is Heidelberg a mixture of Greeks and brainwashed Macedonians who think they are Greek? Is your family from Lerin EM? In all honestly where I live here in Sydney I cannot remember ever meeting a person from Egejska Makedonia which I find pretty weird.
            Yep, most of their supporters would be brainwashed Macedonians. Both Preston and Heidelberg were founded by immigrants from Lerin. Their name used to be Alexander and they have the maco sun in the background of their emblem, so you can work out why there was tension between the two sides.

Our family is from villages in the Lerinsko region. From what I know, most Macedonian immigrants from the Aegean settled in Melbourne and Perth to a lesser extent.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

Doesn't really matter they are still macedonian.They aren't any lesser.I rember when greek crowds were fighting in melbourne using flag poles,flare guns & the insuniation rumour that they had a rocket launcher supposedly police confiscated it.
              When it comes to fighting the macedonians were just as good as the greeks..They even took it to the next level of burning our churches.I think lucky they put a stop to it otherwise there would have been world war 3.I remember shops like restaurants or shops with the name macedonian were on the hit list.Macedonian s also had hit lists on greek churches etc thank goodness the goodwill of the clubs telling members to behave responsibly won the day.Nobody want's those days we all want a solid good game.The clubs have been warned to tell members to behave including all references to countries be taken out of their names etc.We are now waiting for real entertainment of great games from all sides.
              We don't want to retrograde to the past by crowds' bad behaviour.we are there to see a great game.
              Last edited by George S.; 01-02-2013, 05:58 PM. Reason: eg
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                • Nov 2009

Does anyone know if this player is actually Macedonian other than the fact he comes from Pirin

Bulgarian Football Star Berbatov Declared 'The Macedonian'
                Society | January 2, 2013, Wednesday| 1205 views
                Skopje Media Claims Bulgarian Football Star Berbatov Is Macedonian: Bulgarian Football Star Berbatov Declared 'The Macedonian'
                Bulgarian football star and Fulham striker, Dimitar Berbatov. Photo by BGNES

Neighboring Macedonia has been accused in Bulgaria of "limitless megalomania" after labeling Bulgarian star striker and Fulham player Dimitar Berbatov "Mitko the Macedonian."

The Bulgarian Standard daily writes that Macedonian site sitel.com.mk has written the following after Fulham's win against West Bromwich when the Bulgarian football player scored a goal: "Bulgarian national player, born in the city of Blagoevgrad, known in his homeland as Mitko "The Macedonian," scored the first goal in the Premiership League for 2013."

"The boldness of our neighbors does not stop with Berbatov. According to the Macedonian site, Swedish national with Serbian origins, Alex Kacaniklic, also has Macedonian roots," Standard writes.

Similar reports appeared in a number of Bulgarian media Wednesday.

Meanwhile, Sitel already struck back, quoting the Bulgarian publications, and reminding readers that there is a Facebook page with 2 000 supporters titled "Dimitar Berbatov, the Best Macedonian Football Player."

Sitel further insists that Dimitar's father Ivan, who felt Macedonian, took the young player first to sign with the Vardar Football Club, and he ended with the Sofia-based CSKA only because Vardar rejected him.

"We don't have anything else left to say, except to wish Mitko to continue scoring goals in the new season and that the time has come for him to play, let it be only in a humanitarian game, for Macedonia. Fast forward, Mitko..."
                Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                  • Jul 2012

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post
                  Does anyone know if this player is actually Macedonian other than the fact he comes from Pirin

Bulgarian Football Star Berbatov Declared 'The Macedonian'
                  Society | January 2, 2013, Wednesday| 1205 views
                  Skopje Media Claims Bulgarian Football Star Berbatov Is Macedonian: Bulgarian Football Star Berbatov Declared 'The Macedonian'
                  Bulgarian football star and Fulham striker, Dimitar Berbatov. Photo by BGNES

Neighboring Macedonia has been accused in Bulgaria of "limitless megalomania" after labeling Bulgarian star striker and Fulham player Dimitar Berbatov "Mitko the Macedonian."

The Bulgarian Standard daily writes that Macedonian site sitel.com.mk has written the following after Fulham's win against West Bromwich when the Bulgarian football player scored a goal: "Bulgarian national player, born in the city of Blagoevgrad, known in his homeland as Mitko "The Macedonian," scored the first goal in the Premiership League for 2013."

"The boldness of our neighbors does not stop with Berbatov. According to the Macedonian site, Swedish national with Serbian origins, Alex Kacaniklic, also has Macedonian roots," Standard writes.

Similar reports appeared in a number of Bulgarian media Wednesday.

Meanwhile, Sitel already struck back, quoting the Bulgarian publications, and reminding readers that there is a Facebook page with 2 000 supporters titled "Dimitar Berbatov, the Best Macedonian Football Player."

Sitel further insists that Dimitar's father Ivan, who felt Macedonian, took the young player first to sign with the Vardar Football Club, and he ended with the Sofia-based CSKA only because Vardar rejected him.

"We don't have anything else left to say, except to wish Mitko to continue scoring goals in the new season and that the time has come for him to play, let it be only in a humanitarian game, for Macedonia. Fast forward, Mitko..."
                  Of course he's Macedonian if he's from Gorna Dzumaya.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Macedonian_Nationalist View Post
                    Wait what?? Are you telling me one of my most hated players in the EPL that I have called a fucking Bulgar like 100 times is actually Macedonian?? Please tell me you are joking haha...

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                      • Jul 2012

Wait what?? Are you telling me one of my most hated players in the EPL that I have called a fucking Bulgar like 100 times is actually Macedonian?? Please tell me you are joking haha...
                      He's from Pririn Macedonia.

No Bulgars from there

Comment

• stoiche
                        • Jan 2013

Hahahaha. I think he is another Ljupco Georgievski.

Comment

• stoiche
                          • Jan 2013

Yep, most of their supporters would be brainwashed Macedonians. Both Preston and Heidelberg were founded by immigrants from Lerin. Their name used to be Alexander and they have the maco sun in the background of their emblem, so you can work out why there was tension between the two sides.

Our family is from villages in the Lerinsko region. From what I know, most Macedonian immigrants from the Aegean settled in Melbourne and Perth to a lesser extent.
                          Just like my family EM - Dedo and Baba moved to Manjimup (in Perth) in '56.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Macedonian_Nationalist View Post
                            Even if he is Macedonian, I disagree with what the Macedonian site Sitel did. Why glorify and praise someone who obviously identifies as a Bulgarian? It's as if they are giving him a pat on the back for identifying as a Bulgarian, playing for the Bulgarian national squad and disassociating himself with his possible Macedonian roots. They call him 'Mitko the Macedonian' as if he is some respected nashiot.

That said, he is a classy footballer. Looks like he is putting in minimal effort, yet manages to pull it off.

Originally posted by stoiche View Post
                            Just like my family EM - Dedo and Baba moved to Manjimup (in Perth) in '56.
                            Welcome Stoiche. Which selo are your family from?

Comment

• Mad Mako
                              • Apr 2012

Wesley Sneijer's has Macedonian blood!

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mad Mako View Post
                                Wesley Sneijer's has Macedonian blood!
                                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Sneijder
                                Should be interesting seeing Sneijder at Galatasaray.

Preston Lions and the Melbourne Heart Youth side are in the same league this season. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X