Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Giorikas
    • Sep 2008

Hey malenka, I could barely read that but thanks for the compliment..I like Spanish but don't speak it....

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Giorikas,

Given that it is the Greeks, and not the Macedonians, who are responsible for the animosity between the two respective states of today (We have no problem with your name, you are the one's that have a problem with our name), I think it would be better, and show more integrity characteristic of a true regional 'leader' if Greek forums would have Macedonian moderators. Just out of curiosity, because you have described yourself as a person who, rather than posting, just likes to watch, can you show me how many Greek forums have applied this presumably successful policy that you boast of? My guess is none, I would be happy if you proved me otherwise.

Do you not think, that as a Greek yourself, your idea should be more influental on your own people, purely with the aim of ridding many of that racist one-eyed view which they possess?

Let me tell you something, Giorikas, people say all sorts of thing on the internet, and elsewhere. In all of our newspapers, documents, etc, you can take comfort in the fact that the Macedonians refer to your people as Greeks and your state as Greece. We are not the one with the problem.

Let me now ask you something, Giorikas, do you take comfort in the fact that in all of your newspapers, documents, etc your Greek kin refer to my people collectively by the name of the Macedonian capital, and by a ficticious acronym for our state which only gained acceptance in the UN because of Greek megalomania to begin with?

Please don't try and come across with an opressed tone, as if you are 'forced' to follow the rules here - All we seek is respect, nobody is asking you to agree with our sentiments but you will show respect here unlike your people and state do in the outside world.

How about convincing your own people to follow the rules of humanity, can you do that? Or do you support the past and present crippling sanctions, vetoes and delusions of grandeur emanating from your state?

After all the Greek efforts to demoralise Macedonia and the Macedonians in every single way, we are still here. Lead by example, instead of bringing stability to the Balkan region Greece brings the opposite.

Invite us to be your moderators, and see the 'cave-man' reactions from some of your brethren.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• osiris
        • Sep 2008

spare me the courtesy hombre and answer my question, what does being a greek mean to you. because every greek and his dog seems to redefine what it means to be a greek

Comment

• Jankovska
          • Sep 2008

I thought you will be just reading but as far as I can see you have been posting and posting and posting and posting....

Comment

• Giorikas
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            Giorikas,

Given that it is the Greeks, and not the Macedonians, who are responsible for the animosity between the two respective states of today (We have no problem with your name, you are the one's that have a problem with our name), I think it would be better, and show more integrity characteristic of a true regional 'leader' if Greek forums would have Macedonian moderators. Just out of curiosity, because you have described yourself as a person who, rather than posting, just likes to watch, can you show me how many Greek forums have applied this presumably successful policy that you boast of? My guess is none, I would be happy if you proved me otherwise.

Do you not think, that as a Greek yourself, your idea should be more influental on your own people, purely with the aim of ridding many of that racist one-eyed view which they possess?

Let me tell you something, Giorikas, people say all sorts of thing on the internet, and elsewhere. In all of our newspapers, documents, etc, you can take comfort in the fact that the Macedonians refer to your people as Greeks and your state as Greece. We are not the one with the problem.

Let me now ask you something, Giorikas, do you take comfort in the fact that in all of your newspapers, documents, etc your Greek kin refer to my people collectively by the name of the Macedonian capital, and by a ficticious acronym for our state which only gained acceptance in the UN because of Greek megalomania to begin with?

Please don't try and come across with an opressed tone, as if you are 'forced' to follow the rules here - All we seek is respect, nobody is asking you to agree with our sentiments but you will show respect here unlike your people and state do in the outside world.

How about convincing your own people to follow the rules of humanity, can you do that? Or do you support the past and present crippling sanctions, vetoes and delusions of grandeur emanating from your state?

After all the Greek efforts to demoralise Macedonia and the Macedonians in every single way, we are still here. Lead by example, instead of bringing stability to the Balkan region Greece brings the opposite.

Invite us to be your moderators, and see the 'cave-man' reactions from some of your brethren.
            Hello Soldier of Macedonia,

I am not interested in Greek forums. They are doing exactly the same thing as what I object to. Allow another opinion and then ban them. That pisses me off and me being Greek participating in such a forum, I would consider myself as taking part of that. Then, I am not interested in hearing the Greek side. I know it and to a certain extend I agree with it, even if things are not as black and white as 'professional Melbourne Greeks' think. I have a problem with those whose no matter from which side they are that sit in their trenches repeating the same things that they have been saying for the last 5 years and actually believing that they are helping their side at all. They don't.

In any case, we are not discussing those forums we are discussing yours.
            The arguments you use are for me invalid. 'Because the others are doing that, I should do the same'. Of course you shouldn't. You have your own responsibility. 'Greeks are denying what we are so we do it back to them' Decide. Either Greeks are at fault and you keep the moral highground, or you turn into them. Can't have it both way.

I tried to explain why I suggested what I suggested (moderators) and I clarified the logic behind that. You are already turning into Maknews 2 the way I see it and add nothing new (apart from the fact that you keep your forum more 'Greek-frei')
            That is not bad but it doesn't add anything. Risto says that he wants to spread the gospel. Well I believe that neither the Greek forums are doing that nor is Maknews or yours. Let's face it. Most of the visitors here are Greek or Macedonian. The neutral, interested reader would get bored easliy at best, and might even find (in this case since we are discussing your forum) most of this 'etnical pure blooded versus mixed Turko blah blah' crap a bit nazi styled and by default not be convinced. I wouldn't be if I were a neutral reader. Most of it reads as it could have come directly from 'Mein kampf' and really doesn't convince anybody of anything. Winning a discussion based upon arguments does. Do with the suggestion what you want, I don't care. What i wanted to achieve is that we can all be hard when defending our principles, but at least try to have the minimum of politeness. I believe it will all bring us something.

If I would want to do the Greek forums a favour I would suggest them the same thing. Maybe I will. Maybe not. Haven't given it much thought.

Take care,

Giorikas

Comment

• Giorikas
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
              I thought you will be just reading but as far as I can see you have been posting and posting and posting and posting....
              Yeah well, I though you would be ignoring me but this is the second message. In fact the thread is a bit dedicated to me hehe.
              Well, I'l keep on ignoring you a bit more. And speaking about reading, what I said actually was that I was reading the other forums up to now but I decide to settle down here

As an endangered species with a high risk of extintion on this forum you should handle me with care

We started off badly Jankovska, what do you say, wanna make a new start with me?

Comment

• Delodephius
                • Sep 2008

I must say, disgusting it is.
                अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
                उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
                This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
                But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Dejan
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Giorikas View Post
                  What kind of caveman-reaction is that hombre? You seem to have difficulties to refer to us as Greeks. Are you denying my existence as Greek? Those things are not tolerated here hombre. People get banned for less.
                  I don't deny anyone's existence. Do you? The admins of this site have seen your type all to many times, sucking up to them and sounding like you are different to your compatriots because you can mention the word Macedonia in front of us. As mentioned, this is a Macedonian forum, there is nothing someone like you can administer around here. Why not just get involved in the board and try to be fair, honest and informative instead of trying to be something on this board that is not needed and not wanted, by me at least. But i'm not on my own.

I stand by my opinion, i piss on the idea of an athenian administrator on this Macedonian forum.
                  You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Giorikas
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Dejan View Post
                    I don't deny anyone's existence. Do you? The admins of this site have seen your type all to many times, sucking up to them and sounding like you are different to your compatriots because you can mention the word Macedonia in front of us. As mentioned, this is a Macedonian forum, there is nothing someone like you can administer around here. Why not just get involved in the board and try to be fair, honest and informative instead of trying to be something on this board that is not needed and not wanted, by me at least. But i'm not on my own.

I stand by my opinion, i piss on the idea of an athenian administrator on this Macedonian forum.
                    I have said that I accept your rules, otherwise I would not be admitted. I also said I have difficulties believing that you guys are descendants of Ancient Macedonians. I don't believe it to be perfectly clear. No one had to put a gun against my head to find that out or use cunning questions by 'see-ers of Greeks' to be exposed. I do not deny it. I have read Macedonians who do not believe it either, so why am I the bad guy?
                    I have asked whether I had the right to disagree with you all right in the beginning, I received no answer.
                    Well, I do disagree but not with everything. Things are not black and white, especially in the Balkans. Does that make me a bad person now?
                    You seem to refer a lot to others and administrators too. Can you answer this question by yourself: What would qualify me as fair? Can I be fair and still disagreeing with you or is that by default impossible?

Comment

• Dejan
                      • Sep 2008

I have said that I accept your rules, otherwise I would not be admitted. I also said I have difficulties believing that you guys are descendants of Ancient Macedonians. I don't believe it to be perfectly clear. No one had to put a gun against my head to find that out or use cunning questions by 'see-ers of Greeks' to be exposed. I do not deny it. I have read Macedonians who do not believe it either, so why am I the bad guy?
                      I have asked whether I had the right to disagree with you all right in the beginning, I received no answer.
                      Well, I do disagree but not with everything. Things are not black and white, especially in the Balkans. Does that make me a bad person now?
                      You seem to refer a lot to others and administrators too. Can you answer this question by yourself: What would qualify me as fair? Can I be fair and still disagreeing with you or is that by default impossible?
                      My assupmtion of your understanding of these rules is that you abide by them in order to survive and manoeuvre in this Macedonian forum, not because you have taken time to understand our factual argument. This assumption of mine is based on the contribution of your compatriots to this forum, and also even on Maknews. I know what you are going to say -"How can you judge me?" We've seen it all too many times, and you guys are predictable. That is why it is an assumption. Now I may be wrong about you, but I can count on one hand how many of your ilk can understand what we Macedonians are talking about and what we are defending here. I think this assumption is a safe bet. What would qualify you as fair? As i mentioned before, why don't we judge you on your contribution to this forum. Why don't we start with that, instead of you putting your hand up for an admin position? I don't care if you agree with us or not, but your prejudices about us is your downfall. This whole forum has been created because we do not agree with you or your compatriots, and demand that the truth be heard. You have nothing to administer here. Which Macedonian would trust you?
                      You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Pelister
                        • Sep 2008

You may prove to be dead right about this guy, Dejan.

Giorikas...

As a Macedonian, I can at least point to various elements of my culture that are not only local and ancient, but at the same time, no other "culture" in the region shares.

This qualifies me, as a Macedonian, to reject the claims of settlers who have a presence in Macedonia, of no more than 87 years to deny me my heritage.

Furthermore, while the Modern Greeks have been very busy Hellenizing the Vlachs, the Macedonians, the Albanians ... etc, no body bothered to point out that they may well be destroying the only thing in the region that is local, ancient, and unique to it.

And for what? A false "Hellenic" identity?

Comment

• Giorikas
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Dejan View Post
                          My assupmtion of your understanding of these rules is that you abide by them in order to survive and manoeuvre in this Macedonian forum, not because you have taken time to understand our factual argument. This assumption of mine is based on the contribution of your compatriots to this forum, and also even on Maknews. I know what you are going to say -"How can you judge me?" We've seen it all too many times, and you guys are predictable. That is why it is an assumption. Now I may be wrong about you, but I can count on one hand how many of your ilk can understand what we Macedonians are talking about and what we are defending here. I think this assumption is a safe bet. What would qualify you as fair? As i mentioned before, why don't we judge you on your contribution to this forum. Why don't we start with that, instead of you putting your hand up for an admin position? I don't care if you agree with us or not, but your prejudices about us is your downfall. This whole forum has been created because we do not agree with you or your compatriots, and demand that the truth be heard. You have nothing to administer here. Which Macedonian would trust you?
                          Your assumption is correct. I never hid it. I tried initially to find out whether it is enough to call you Macedonians or whether I would actually have to be convinced about that.
                          I presume (but let by all means an administrator tell me otherwise) that I am allowed to think whatever I want as long as I adress you all and your country etc in the way you want.

If I do not understand your argument, and if you want to, we can discuss and you can try to explain me things. If you don't care about that, then that's fine too. The normal thing would be to judge me by my own actions unless you prefer to not look further then a nationality. Some of my comments may remind you of other Greeks, sure, other might not. I prefer to disagree with you (in general) in a respectful way, and I hope to get that respect back, but I will react when needed.
                          Some of you have not been able to understand that trying to discuss things in such a way (as I indicated) does not mean that I will necessarily agree with you. I don't see what's so bad about not agreeing with you.

Like the making up rules here by different administrators, like asking ' what is a Macedonian ? ' and like the reason why this forum is created: ask 2 persons here and get 3 different answers. I thought this forum was created to convince people of your side of the story. Let's for the sake of argument call it the truth It is for this reason that I can not become a administrator (which I never wanted to be in the first place)

Take care,

Giorikas

Comment

• Jankovska
                            • Sep 2008

Yeah well, I though you would be ignoring me but this is the second message. In fact the thread is a bit dedicated to me hehe.
                            Well, I'l keep on ignoring you a bit more. And speaking about reading, what I said actually was that I was reading the other forums up to now but I decide to settle down here

As an endangered species with a high risk of extintion on this forum you should handle me with care

We started off badly Jankovska, what do you say, wanna make a new start with me?

No, thank you.

Comment

• Giorikas
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
                              No, thank you.
                              Right, ok, keep up the good work ignoring me then

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

I tried initially to find out whether it is enough to call you Macedonians or whether I would actually have to be convinced about that.
                                I presume (but let by all means an administrator tell me otherwise) that I am allowed to think whatever I want as long as I adress you all and your country etc in the way you want.
                                Is this difficult for you?
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X