X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buktop
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by aleksandrov View Post
    That doesn't answer the question of why UMD feels the need to repeatedly preach to Macedonians that the US is their best friend, if (according to you) perceived American patronage doesn't mean anything to the bulk of the Macedonian people and cannot influence their decisions about crucial domestic affairs.
    American "recognition" means nothing to the average working class person in Macedonia, what means something to them is military and economic cooperation, FDI, aide. This is what is meant by "best friends".

Did you see the poll that TM posted where 60% of citizens don't know what the governments red line is? Or where 70% of citizens don't understand what Greece wants?

They don't care about international recognition, they care about quality of life.
    "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
    though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
    Our long awaited hour will draw near
    and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Buktop
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      UMDiaspora, Amitreski, Buktop, etc........Bratot is not from Australia yet he still feels the way we do about the UMD. Clearly, the false assertion circulating a little while back that this is all an Australian conspiracy against the Macedonians in the US is just that, a false assertion.

Logical people know what is right and what isn't. I share Bratot's view on the matter, it is an absolute disgrace of an article, pathetically worded, and detrimental to our cause.
      Great that's one person not from Australia... Where are you from Bratot?

I am not saying it is an Australian conspiracy, but you cannot deny the fact that a majority of the anti-UMD sentiment is coming from Australia, any reasonable person can see that...

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
        Why would Macedonia vote for Australia anyway? They don't recognize us.
        I reckon it would take about 2 Rolex watches to get a Macedonian vote on matters like this.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

I am not saying it is an Australian conspiracy, but you cannot deny the fact that a majority of the anti-UMD sentiment is coming from Australia, any reasonable person can see that...
          Australian Macedonians have been described as "too nationalistic" by some USA/Canadian types. In a time when Macedonia is being eroded in front of our eyes, would you say the voice for nationalism and patriotism must be strong and fearless? Now is not the time for political correctness, now is the time to assert the Macedonian identity in a forthright manner and make it extremely obvious who we are and what we stand for. We don't need the UMD flying halfway across the world still meekly justifying some "not too bad" changes to our name.

Seriously Buktop, is now surely the time to be assertive? I can't think of a more pressing issue.
          Risto the Great

Comment

• Serdarot
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            I reckon it would take about 2 Rolex watches to get a Macedonian vote on matters like this.
            and it take ONE Man to smash the corrupt guy´s face?

edit:

imam edna interesna ideja... more to come
            Last edited by Serdarot; 02-09-2010, 04:32 PM.
            Bratot:
            Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• Bratot
              • Sep 2008

Great that's one person not from Australia... Where are you from Bratot?
              Central Europe.

Do you need more ppl who share our views and are from USA/Canada?

Just say it if those numbers matters on this thread.
              The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Pavel
                • Oct 2009

???

That makes no sense. this forum has exposed many problems with umd. people dont just follow an organisation because of a "cool name". if you meant what you said then you should have been supporting the WMC. they were around long before umd and have a global reach. you are just another umd stooge.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

I'm still waiting for someone from UMD to provide us with a copy of the opinion piece that Meto supposedly wrote and was published in The Age.
                  If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Buktop
                    • Oct 2009

Australian Macedonians have been described as "too nationalistic" by some USA/Canadian types. In a time when Macedonia is being eroded in front of our eyes, would you say the voice for nationalism and patriotism must be strong and fearless? Now is not the time for political correctness, now is the time to assert the Macedonian identity in a forthright manner and make it extremely obvious who we are and what we stand for. We don't need the UMD flying halfway across the world still meekly justifying some "not too bad" changes to our name.

Seriously Buktop, is now surely the time to be assertive? I can't think of a more pressing issue.
                    I have no problem with you guys being assertive, but I fail to see how a diplomatic approach and an assertive approach contradict each other.

The talk of a "not too bad" change happened 2 years ago. It is no longer an option and is no longer an issue as it is no longer advocated.

I understand the problems that Macedonians in Australia face with the blatant racism and denigration of the Macedonian community, we in the USA and Canada do not face these same problems, therefor our approach is more diplomatic as it proves to be more effective with the communities and governments. This is where I believe a great deal of the resentment exists.

Comment

• Buktop
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
                      Central Europe.

Do you need more ppl who share our views and are from USA/Canada?

Just say it if those numbers matters on this thread.
                      My point is not to label all Australians anti-UMD, I am simply stating that the majority of anti-UMD sentiment is found in Australia, see my above post for my opinion why.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

The talk of a "not too bad" change happened 2 years ago. It is no longer an option and is no longer an issue as it is no longer advocated.
                        I remain unconvinced with the attempt Meto made to distance himself from this issue in my little Youtube broadcast of the Adelaide UMD presentation. Lord knows I would been unequivocal about the matter.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Bratot
                          • Sep 2008

Buktop there is no anti-UMD sentiment in general but simply a logical reaction to a few Board members who seems to be the 'policy makers' in UMD and ignore the voice of the diaspora.

We have every right to point out to their mistakes and to ask for their responsibility.

And I might not seen the "success" in the current politic of UMD as you claim, or maybe you are refering to the personal fulfilment of some members?
                          The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

I remain unconvinced with the attempt Meto made to distance himself from this issue in my little Youtube broadcast of the Adelaide UMD presentation. Lord knows I would been unequivocal about the matter.
                            There is no doubt about it, Meto still supports the notion of prefixa de democratica. The Adelaide clip confirms this.

Like TajnataKniga, the (now missing) member of this forum, he said that, well, Macedonia is democratic afterall, so it's not all that bad.
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Buktop, it should NEVER have been an option. It has NEVER been and NEVER will be an option for any Australian Macedonian organisation.

What happens the next time the wind changes directions? Will Meto go with it again? He's already flip-flopped from no name change, to pro name change to supposedly no name change again.
                              Last edited by Vangelovski; 02-09-2010, 08:50 PM.
                              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Buktop
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
                                Buktop there is no anti-UMD sentiment in general but simply a logical reaction to a few Board members who seems to be the 'policy makers' in UMD and ignore the voice of the diaspora.

We have every right to point out to their mistakes and to ask for their responsibility.

And I might not seen the "success" in the current politic of UMD as you claim, or maybe you are refering to the personal fulfilment of some members?
                                You are kidding right? Do I really need to compile a list of some of the more colorful comments made on the subject?

I have no problem with you reacting or pointing out mistakes, as long as it is done constructively and not destructively.

No I am referring to actual achievements made by UMD, feel free to check their website.

Comment

Working...
                                X