X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Demos View Post
    And what are we to call my uncle who is a Greek Macedonian from a village north of Edessa? Or am I going to get banned for that too?
    in this forum you will call him with the proper name of his ethnic heritage, Macedonian, nothing else, otherwise please get your self banned in your next post by posting something similar stupid as the above, try me.....
    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Demos
      Banned
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
      in this forum you will call him with the proper name of his ethnic heritage, Macedonian, nothing else, otherwise please get your self banned in your next post by posting something similar stupid as the above, try me.....
      I'll just call Greek Macedonians as Greeks if they do not speak Macedonian or feel an ethnic connection to Macedonians so this won't turn out to be a pissing match.

Satisfied?

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

I'll just call Greek Macedonians as Greeks if they do not speak Macedonian or feel an ethnic connection to Macedonians so this won't turn out to be a pissing match.

Satisfied?
        it will be the best for yourself if you would like to stay here and get an opportunity to let us hear your saying in the matter......
        Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Sarafot
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
          it will be the best for yourself if you would like to stay here and get an opportunity to let us hear your saying in the matter......
          MAy be he can call them Macedonians who speak Greek,if he thinks that they are Macedonians,probebly he was thinking that,what do you think,i dont think he is bad guy?
          Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
          - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Demos, you said your Uncle self-identifies as a Greek?
            Why muddy the water with a ridiculous claim that he is a Greek Macedonian?
            It looks like you are trying to create a brand new ethnicity.
            If you are trying to say he is a Greek from Macedonia, then perhaps we can create a new term for you eg "Greek Macedonian (Geo)".

Meanwhile, whilst you trivialise your Uncle's history. You should consider what on Earth made him feel Greek and how this transformation arose.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Satisfied?
              How about, we call Macedonians as Macedonians, and Greeks as Greeks, regardless of which country they are in? Nice and simple.

To me, a Greek-Macedonian (or a Macedonian-Greek) is an ethnic Macedonian from the Greek state - There is no confusion there. We are in a world arena here, the nicknames Greek citizens give each other with regard to geographical reference is not relevant in this discussion, and besides, NOBODY walks around Greece saying "I am a Greek Spartan" or "I am a Greek Athenian".

So to keep things clinical, a Macedonian is a Macedonian, a Greek is a Greek.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Svoliani
                Banned
                • Sep 2008

Sister Augustine Bewicke (British, st paul’s hospital, salonika, 1919): The Greeks will not admit the Slav language in Churches or schools; the inhabitants of Macedonia are in the great majority Slavs; they call themselves Macedonians, and what they desire and what we ardently desire for them is an autonomy under European control…….

Demos uncle, Terra Novas family and my family dont fall into this category. So we are Greek Macedonians, its simple.

And whoever posted this quote should ban themsleves. I found it in another section.
                'the inhabitants of Macedonia are in the great majority SLAVS????
                Sister Sister how could you say such a thing

Comment

• Demos
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  Demos, you said your Uncle self-identifies as a Greek?
                  Why muddy the water with a ridiculous claim that he is a Greek Macedonian?
                  It looks like you are trying to create a brand new ethnicity.
                  If you are trying to say he is a Greek from Macedonia, then perhaps we can create a new term for you eg "Greek Macedonian (Geo)".

Meanwhile, whilst you trivialise your Uncle's history. You should consider what on Earth made him feel Greek and how this transformation arose.
                  No trivialization here, just stating the facts as I know them. And I don't think there is a need to consider what makes him feel Greek. He feels what he feels, just as I'm sure you feel what you feel. Who am I to question it?

Ultimately, we all know where are loyalty lies and that's all that matters. Who is pure and who is not is a very subjective matter and in actuality is not that important. Most of the Turks are highly mixed and come from a variety of ethnological backgrounds, but in the end if there were a war or a football match , they would fight or cheer for Turkey no matter if they were of Greek, Macedonian, Italian, Bulgarian, Anatolian, Turkish, or Armenian background.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Svoliani View Post
                    Sister Augustine Bewicke (British, st paul’s hospital, salonika, 1919): The Greeks will not admit the Slav language in Churches or schools; the inhabitants of Macedonia are in the great majority Slavs; they call themselves Macedonians, and what they desire and what we ardently desire for them is an autonomy under European control…….

Demos uncle, Terra Novas family and my family dont fall into this category. So we are Greek Macedonians, its simple.

And whoever posted this quote should ban themsleves. I found it in another section.
                    'the inhabitants of Macedonia are in the great majority SLAVS????
                    Sister Sister how could you say such a thing
                    She makes reference to a linguistic group, as you well know. She calls that group of 'Slavs' by the name they call themselves, MACEDONIANS.

And Ed, for the sake of being on the same page, because I have no interest in going through the same rings with you time and again,
                    To me, a Greek-Macedonian (or a Macedonian-Greek) is an ethnic Macedonian from the Greek state - There is no confusion there. We are in a world arena here, the nicknames Greek citizens give each other with regard to geographical reference is not relevant in this discussion, and besides, NOBODY walks around Greece saying "I am a Greek Spartan" or "I am a Greek Athenian".

So to keep things clinical, a Macedonian is a Macedonian, a Greek is a Greek.
                    Save your plastic 'Greek Macedonian' identity for when you are in Greece, for the next time you meet a 'Greek Athenian' or a 'Greek Spartan'.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• El Bre
                      • Sep 2008

Greek Macedonians What a contrived concoction

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Demos
                        He feels what he feels, just as I'm sure you feel what you feel.
                        We all feel what we feel, but we all are what we are.

I suppose it would take an explanation in a simplistic context for the message to be driven home, but just imagine for a second if the Macedonians had red skin and the Greeks had blue skin. It doesn't matter how one "feels" after years of force-fed lies and propaganda, red is red and blue is blue, sheep are sheep and goats are goats, regardless of the common pasture.

The Grkomani have the same history, cultural, linguistic and geographic origins as the rest of the Macedonians, in any normal setting, in any normal set of circumstances without competing propagandas, these modern-day Grkomani would naturally align and be attracted to the rest of the people who share the same history, culture, language and geography - The Macedonians, not the Greeks. And now you want to talk to me about how somebody "feels" after everything that Macedonia and her people have went through?

In what frame of mind would a person, in normal circumstances, prefer to align with a people (Greeks) who do not share the same history, culture, language and geography, as opposed to aligning with the rest of their kin (Macedonians) of the same history, culture, language and geography?

A "feeling"? Please, it has been done to death, that "feeling" is the remnant of the local 'Greek' bishop forcing your relatives to forget everything they have known for centuries for the purpose of becoming a 'Hellene'! Some "feeling" indeed..........

Comment

• Demos
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2008

I think this topic has run it's due course as we appear to be spinning around in circles.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

The topic has run its course because it basically concludes with what I wrote in my previous post.

Feeling vs Reality.

Comment

• Demos
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                              The topic has run its course because it basically concludes with what I wrote in my previous post.

Feeling vs Reality.
                              Risto,

During the American Revolutionary War the reality was that most "Americans" were ethnically English, but that didn't hinder them from "feeling" a need to kill other English to advance their cause. Nationality goes way beyond DNA or ethnological makeup. So we can spend hours upon hours debating the subject as to what ethnological makeup are the inhabitants of x region.

The reality is that the majority of people in the region of Macedonia in Greece feel loyalty to the Hellenic Republic as I'm sure the majority of people in the Republic of Macedonia feel loyalty to Macedonia. Ultimately, what's in their DNA does not matter.

That's all I'm trying to point out...

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Demos
                                The reality is that the majority of people in the region of Macedonia in Greece feel loyalty to the Hellenic Republic as I'm sure the majority of people in the Republic of Macedonia feel loyalty to Macedonia. Ultimately, what's in their DNA does not matter.
                                To a degree this is true today, but how can we ever determine this when Greece refuses to conduct a national census with regard to the ethnic and linguistic origins of her people? I doubt anybody has gone around asking all of Greece's citizens this question, and the loyalty felt towards a land in which most of the people were settled in during the 1920's from Asia does not compare to centuries of existence as people native to the land.
                                During the American Revolutionary War the reality was that most "Americans" were ethnically English, but that didn't hinder them from "feeling" a need to kill other English to advance their cause.
                                During the American Revolution all parties spoke the English language so the comparison is not quite accurate. And correct me if I am wrong, but there were no Indians or Africans claiming to be pure 'Anglo' and/or descended from George Washington or Queen Elizabeth, were there?

Comment

Working...
                                X