X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Happy Australia Day!

Happy Australia Day to all of our fellow Australians.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

SoM,

I'm too busy with my prawns on the barbie. (Who the F say's shrimp?)
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
      • Nov 2009

Sreken Avstralija den, V its now Lamb on the barbie
      Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

Sorry for being a party pooper and getting serious about this gentlemen, but......

Australia Day

Australia Day (previously known as Anniversary Day, Foundation Day, and ANA Day)[1] is the official national day of Australia. Celebrated annually on 26 January, the date commemorates the arrival of the First Fleet at Sydney Cove in 1788.
        My heart goes out to the Indigenous (Aborigines) for this day 224 years ago, was the beginning of the end for you true owners of this land. Your ancestors suffered. They were Murdered, torchered, made into slaves, land repossessed, children stolen, and attempt of genocide against your race.

As a Macedonian, i can relate and feel your pain, anger, and feel saddened to the injustices committed towards your people.

I support those of Indigenous heritage, leading to the use of alternate names, such as "Invasion Day" and "Survival Day", for this day. It should be a day of mourning, not celebration.
        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

To all & sundry happy oz day.
          No i won't be puting prawns or shrimps it home made koftina,sausages & steaks.Big debate on the radio if australia was invaded or not??
          Last edited by George S.; 01-25-2012, 10:17 PM. Reason: ed
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
            Sorry for being a party pooper and getting serious about this gentlemen, but......

Australia Day

My heart goes out to the Indigenous (Aborigines) for this day 224 years ago, was the beginning of the end for you true owners of this land. Your ancestors suffered. They were Murdered, torchered, made into slaves, land repossessed, children stolen, and attempt of genocide against your race.

As a Macedonian, i can relate and feel your pain, anger, and feel saddened to the injustices committed towards your people.

I support those of Indigenous heritage, leading to the use of alternate names, such as "Invasion Day" and "Survival Day", for this day. It should be a day of mourning, not celebration.
            Fair call. Perhaps the actual date of Australia Day should be moved to another one which is more appropriate.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• United MKD
              • Jul 2011

Happy Aussie day to all we are all very lucky to live in this great country.

Comment

• Brian
                Banned
                • Oct 2011

It's funny how certain words or phrases can have different meanings in different places. What's even funnier is when exactly the same word or phrase can have multiple different meanings in exactly the same place, only dependent on how it is said.

In the film "Mickey Blue Eyes" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0130121/), "Michael Felgate" (Hugh Grant) learns that the New York phrase, "Get outta here", has multiple meanings depending on how it is said. I know, 'it's a Hugh Grant film', but it has it's funny moments nonetheless, like the way he messes up 'Get otta here'.

In a similar way the English word, 'Mate', has taken on multiple meanings in Australia dependent only on how it is said. Being "Australia Day" I thought our non-Australian members and visitors might enjoy some funny Youtube clips I came accross defining the word, "Mate".

There's quite a few clips in the series, but they are very short and well worth seeing all of them. Here is the first one to start you off. I'm sure you can find the rest.

Comment

• Bill77
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  Fair call. Perhaps the actual date of Australia Day should be moved to another one which is more appropriate.
                  They could have a "Independence day" and celebrate it if Australia ever becomes a republic.

But to have a "Australia Day" to commemorate the invasion of the First Fleet at Sydney Cove in 1788, and to have us waving flags of the union jack just like the British invaders did, would be a kick in the gut if i was an Indigenous Australian.
                  http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                    • Jan 2010

Interesting points Bill. I tend to agree, I don't really see why Australia Day is 'celebrated' on the date when the first fleet first arrived upon our shores. It seems far more sensible to declare a national day on the date that Australia was proclaimed a federation.

Most of you probably saw what happened with our 'leaders' today, and I find the clip a little pathetic.

Julia Gillard Attacked in Riot - YouTube

Their reactions seem extremely over the top and almost comical. There are political leaders and advocates around the world who are faced with assassination threats everyday, yet we see our two 'leaders' being dragged out of this fancy restaurant as if a bomb just went off. That said, the way the media has portrayed the incident, it doesn't shed much light on the Indigenous protesters.

Some of the comments on that video are also pretty disgusting. Some Aboriginals may not be the most educated and bright people in Australia, but we need to remember that their culture and traditions differ from that of the Anglo-Saxons, therefore integrating into what has become the 'norm,' isn't always possible.

Usually I see this just as another day on our calender, and don't even remember what day we celebrate 'Australia Day.' The day when the states united and became a federation seems far more worth celebrating.

Politics aside, it's not a bad excuse to get together with a few mates, have a BBQ, and enjoy some frothies. I have no idea what the occasion is for, but I guess I'm not complaining. Technically, federation day would be on the 1st of January (New Years Day), so at least the 26th gives the Aussies another opportunity to get pissed.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Wow, the Aboriginal protests were mild if you ask me.

I am sick of everyone in Australia who says "we acknowledge the whatever clan as the rightful owners of whatever region ..... " ... if they acknowledge it, they ought to do a lot more about it. If I was to say such a thing, the logical conclusions seem more than evident to me. I simply wouldn't say it.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Brian
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2011

LOL.
                        What a joke! Only in Australia would a mob get that close to a Prime Minister/President.
                        At 2:11 she shows her concern for a 'mate'.
                        The security person obviously has no clue were Abbot is by the look on his face.
                        Where's the pre-planed contingency plan? Did she need to say, "...we better help him (Abbot) out too."?
                        Ahhh....duhh. Shouldn't that already be in the plan?

For someone supposedly in danger 'tough man Tony' is leaning backwards as he is being pushed all the way to the car. He looks like someone being frog-marched to somewhere he doesn't want to go.

Seeing he supposedly started the 'fight' with his comments, maybe he wanted to stay back and finish it?

As a person into conspiracy theories I have to say it looked very staged by Tony by his comical over exaggerated moves to slow him being pushed to and in the car - want to make sure the photographers have enough time to get as many photos - can't miss a photo opportunity. Any person seriously believing they are in danger would have moved much faster and differently than that.
                        Last edited by Brian; 01-26-2012, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Brian
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          Wow, the Aboriginal protests were mild if you ask me.

I am sick of everyone in Australia who says "we acknowledge the whatever clan as the rightful owners of whatever region ..... " ... if they acknowledge it, they ought to do a lot more about it. If I was to say such a thing, the logical conclusions seem more than evident to me. I simply wouldn't say it.
                          If they acknowledge it, hows about paying them rent - and back-paid to 1788?

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

But then some people think the land was invaded.Do people know what terror nullis means.All lande vests with the crown.I don't mind the govt giving them recognition as the indiginous people but i don'e like our money to be wasted.Some aborigines don't want the whitemans way.They want freedom etc.We seem to be pandering to them supposedly correcting rights.How can someone today be held for what happened hundreds of years.
                            Some people simply want to make money.We have watched billions being poured into a bottomless pit & their own people squandering the money.A lot of people are questioning about ehat's happening to indigenous affairs.Being sorry but then trying to find restitution.The aboriginal population is dwidling being caught by a vicious circle of diseases etc.
                            Last edited by George S.; 01-26-2012, 06:42 PM. Reason: edit
                            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                              LOL.
                              What a joke! Only in Australia would a mob get that close to a Prime Minister/President.
                              At 2:11 she shows her concern for a 'mate'.
                              The security person obviously has no clue were Abbot is by the look on his face.
                              Where's the pre-planed contingency plan? Did she need to say, "...we better help him (Abbot) out too."?
                              Ahhh....duhh. Shouldn't that already be in the plan?

For someone supposedly in danger 'tough man Tony' is leaning backwards as he is being pushed all the way to the car. He looks like someone being frog-marched to somewhere he doesn't want to go.

Seeing he supposedly started the 'fight' with his comments, maybe he wanted to stay back and finish it?

As a person into conspiracy theories I have to say it looked very staged by Tony by his comical over exaggerated moves to slow him being pushed to and in the car - want to make sure the photographers have enough time to get as many photos - can't miss a photo opportunity. Any person seriously believing they are in danger would have moved much faster and differently than that.
                              You really are an idiot...

The PM's personal protection people did a great job, they were calm and swift in their response...most importantly they summed up the threat level accordingly and their response was cool and measured and the situation wasn't allowed, nor given the opportunity to escalate.

I think you have absolutely no idea about the professionalism and how highly trained and experienced the people charged with protecting our leaders are.

Comment

Working...
                              X