X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phoenix
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
    I don't want to turn this into another ventilator thread but i feel what i am about to say is important and needed to be said.

The problem i see with this is the Ventilator emblem on the Jersey. These players you mention have no affiliation with that emblem or the state that adopted it what so ever. Therefor, why would someone like Stamkos play for a foreign country and a foreign flag.

If the emblem was the "sonce", then you can argue that even though they are not directly from the republic, the Jersey with the "sonce" does represent Macedonians world wide and does not alienate Non citizens of the republic, which is what the current state flag does.
    Billy, I don't think its got anything to do with the emblem on the shirt...
    I think most sports people are happy to represent the nation of their birth or newly adopted home...

Occassionally some choose to represent the nation of their parents birth, often because that nation may already be of high sporting standing and the move is part patriotic but mostly self serving...

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
      SoM, unfortunately international sporting federations don't recognise our traditional and historic territories, they prefer to look at citizenships and passports...that's my point.
      Do they have a say in it? Isn't it up to the Macedonian government and football association?
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
        Do they have a say in it? Isn't it up to the Macedonian government and football association?
        SoM, lets say one of these Canadian born guys decides he want to represent Macedonia by becoming a part of the national team, lets assume the Canadian blokes parents are from the Aegean region of Macedonia and they left Aegean Macedonia on a greek passport, technically they're considered 'greek' making it difficult for the Canadian bloke to represent Macedonia. (but he could represent greece)

In this case I believe the only way this can be overcome is if the Canadian bloke takes up Macedonian citizenship and if its the same as international football it will mean that he has to sit out all international representative competitions for 3 years (i think?)

Comment

• Lügendetektor
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
          I don't want to turn this into another ventilator thread but i feel what i am about to say is important and needed to be said.

The problem i see with this is the Ventilator emblem on the Jersey. These players you mention have no affiliation with that emblem or the state that adopted it what so ever. Therefor, why would someone like Stamkos play for a foreign country and a foreign flag.

If the emblem was the "sonce", then you can argue that even though they are not directly from the republic, the Jersey with the "sonce" does represent Macedonians world wide and does not alienate Non citizens of the republic, which is what the current state flag does.

On the logo, is a sun with 6 rays, each ray represents a hockey player on ice...

For players wit Macedonian background living in the diaspora, there is no problem to include them in the national team, but there r regulations by the IIHF.
          A player which had a foreign passport, before picking a citizenship for a other country has to play at least two seasons in the domsetic league of that nation for which he wants to compete in future.
          Players which have allready played games for other national teams, the regularity is the same, accept he has to wait 4 years before he can play for the other country.

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

This is great, they just recently made an Ice Hockey field in the Boris Trajkovski Arena which is actually part of the sporting complex. Its an outdoor field which means we wouldnt be able to compete in any official games, they are building an indoor ice hockey ground in the suburb of Aerodrom which will allow us to host Ice Hockey Games, our first friendly game will be against Bulgaria very soon.

TM,The name of our reprezentacija is Ledeni Lavoj, it would be good if we could get some youngsters from Northern America since they specialize in this sport especially in Canada.

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
              • Jan 2009

*Self-Edit
              Last edited by TrueMacedonian; 03-26-2011, 03:25 PM.
              Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                • Jan 2009

Take a look at the back of the jersey Lud which has the 8 ray flag on the back of it. Let's not invent things to try and make it seem that hockey in Macedonia is a serious sport. It is not.

prolet said:
                TM,The name of our reprezentacija is Ledeni Lavoj, it would be good if we could get some youngsters from Northern America since they specialize in this sport especially in Canada.
                I would like to see this as well Prolet. But I think Macedonia should reach out to Russia, Sweden, Czech Republic, etc for help in developing its Hockey.
                Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Lügendetektor
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
                  Take a look at the back of the jersey Lud which has the 8 ray flag on the back of it. Let's not invent things to try and make it seem that hockey in Macedonia is a serious sport. It is not.

prolet said:

I would like to see this as well Prolet. But I think Macedonia should reach out to Russia, Sweden, Czech Republic, etc for help in developing its Hockey.

This is allready done

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

very colorfull it's great.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Prolet
                      • Sep 2009

It looks great but its far too slow its more like slow motion hockey. We got alot to learn before we can be competitive in this sport.

TM, I think we should look at many players there is a few good ones in the Czech Republic our coach is from there i think. We might not be able to get players like Ed Jovanovski or Steve Stamkos but at the very least they should contribute somehow into helping the sport grow in Macedonia. I think its a great winter sport and our people will support it.

Lügendetektor, Who won the game against Bulgaria?
                      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Frank
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2010

I am sure if Macedonia played the Canadian national team the sights and sounds would be awesome

Comment

• Lügendetektor
                          • Jan 2010

the "puck" from the clip above, presented by Headcoach Tomislav Atanasovski

Comment

• MKD Hockey
                            • Jun 2013

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                              • Nov 2009

It is nice to see too bad the ventilator is in your face coming from a diaspora team,
                              Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

Working...
                              X