• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vicsinad
    • May 2011

Well...don't have much to say.

SKOPJE, Macedonia

Macedonia's parliament has approved a draft law making Albanian the country's second official language, amid harsh criticism from the conservative opposition.

Lawmakers voted 66-41 Wednesday in favor of the bill that extends the official use of Albanian to the entire country, in order to ease the communication of Macedonia's ethnic Albanian minority with institutions, hospitals and courts.

Ethnic Albanians make up a quarter of Macedonia's 2.1 million population.

The previous law, which arose from a 2001 peace deal that ended an armed conflict between ethnic Albanian rebels and government forces, secured the official use of the Albanian language in communities where the minority is more than 20 percent of the population.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/bus...#storylink=cpy
    Last edited by vicsinad; 11-15-2017, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
      Well...don't have much to say.
      Nor do Fyromians. Ever.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Karposh
        • Aug 2015

Does this mean that it is actually possible Macedonians in Gevgelija and Strumica will wake up one morning to find the Albanian language gracing their new street signs? I know for a fact that Gevgelija does not have a single Albanian living in that town. I think the same is true of Strumica.

Comment

• Odi Zvezdo
          • Apr 2016

Ahhhh only in the Republic of Vardar Macedonia!!!

Comment

• Ljubco_IZEV
            • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
            Does this mean that it is actually possible Macedonians in Gevgelija and Strumica will wake up one morning to find the Albanian language gracing their new street signs? I know for a fact that Gevgelija does not have a single Albanian living in that town. I think the same is true of Strumica.
            Yep, Strumica is also clean. But no, nobody here or in Gevgelija will NEVER accept albanian language. The last siptar who wanted to live here, was forced to go back to Tetovo, because his house was burned. Also, no siptar politican or Zaev had a speech in these parts of Macedonia, because they are afraid. And they should be!
            I look forward to the day, when Macedonia will become ethnically clean. <again>

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
              It will be on the currency as well. Clearly Macedonians want this.
              Risto the Great

Comment

• maco2envy
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                Solun's mayor (whose mom is from Krushevo) refers to Macedonia as "Macedonia" in a news conference with Zaev:

http://faktor.mk/video-butaris-nasha...che-makedonija
                So what is up with this guy? I remember a while ago he came to Australia and insulted us (see: http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...light=boutaris)

And now he says this... Additionally, I remember him saying not too long ago he felt like he was ashamed to be Greek or something along those lines. Is he morally a conflicted person? Is this just political? Or is he just receiving money from someone to be saying these things?

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by maco2envy View Post
                  So what is up with this guy? I remember a while ago he came to Australia and insulted us (see: http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...light=boutaris)

And now he says this... Additionally, I remember him saying not too long ago he felt like he was ashamed to be Greek or something along those lines. Is he morally a conflicted person? Is this just political? Or is he just receiving money from someone to be saying these things?
                  He did an interview in Bitola I think last year, he's a hard nut to crack.
                  I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Albo
                    • May 2014

In Macedonia and Serbia right wing politicians make their followers swoon literally/

Comment

• maco2envy
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Albo View Post
                      In Macedonia and Serbia right wing politicians make their followers swoon literally/

https://globalvoices.org/2017/11/17/...oon-literally/
                      This is actually pretty funny.

Comment

• vicsinad
                        • May 2011

Survey results: Bulgarians think Macedonians are Bulgarians

Did they actually need to conduct a survey to confirm their chauvinism?

Polls: 91% of the Bulgarians think that the Macedonian language is identical to the Bulgarian

Sofia, 20 November, 2017 - 14:28 (META)*

The Bulgarians have positive opinions towards Macedonia and 51% think that Macedonians are very alike or are identical to the Bulgarians, shows the latest research carried out by the Bulgarian Institute for politics dedicated to the relations between Bulgaria and Macedonia.

As Bulgarian portal “Dnes” reports, when asked whether there is a Macedonian nation that is different to the Bulgarian, 72% of the people have answered that the Macedonian nation was founded in the 20th century and is very close to the Bulgarian. 64% of the people questioned recognize the value of the shared history and 27% think that despite that, history has no relation to the modern time.

Regarding the language, 91% of the Bulgarians claim that the language we speak is either the same or we share it, and only 8% think that the Bulgarian and Macedonian languages are different to each other.
                        Bulgarians have positive opinions towards Macedonia and 51% think that Macedonians are very alike or are identical to Bulgarians, shows the latest research carried out by the Bulgarian Institute for p

Comment

• Apr 2014

Are 91% of Bulgarians also incapable of picking up a dictionary? Seriously how can anyone think they are identical, there are so many differences that make them different. If you spoke fluent standard Macedonian to a Bulgar or vice-versa, they wouldn't have a clue what you are saying.
                          I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                            Are 91% of Bulgarians also incapable of picking up a dictionary? Seriously how can anyone think they are identical, there are so many differences that make them different. If you spoke fluent standard Macedonian to a Bulgar or vice-versa, they wouldn't have a clue what you are saying.
                            Depends what you mean by fluent standard Macedonian. The way they speak on the news?

I don't think the languages would have been so mutually intelligible 100 years ago. There were many Macedonians in Bulgaria back then.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                              Depends what you mean by fluent standard Macedonian. The way they speak on the news?

I don't think the languages would have been so mutually intelligible 100 years ago. There were many Macedonians in Bulgaria back then.
                              The standard dialect as oppose to the Pirin dialects for example

Comment

Working...
                              X