MTO commitment to AMHRC/MHRMI in relation to advertising initiative on NO NEGOTIATION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

MTO commitment to AMHRC/MHRMI in relation to advertising initiative on NO NEGOTIATION

Dear forum participants, please consider the actions of the AMHRC/MHRMI very carefully in relation to this new initiative. Once you delve into the Macedonian Cause for any length of time you always end up coming back to a need for preservation of our unique Macedonian identity. This action to VERY publicly make it known that Macedonians from all over the world find it demeaning and unacceptable to negotiate our identity is timely and important.

I am thinking out loud and wonder how our forum participants can do their very best to raise money for this most important initiative. How can you help?

If for some strange reason you are the least bit critical with anything the AMHRC/MHRMI have ever done or suggested in the past, I say this issue if far bigger than a single organisation or two. The MTO has no reason to be critical of them whatsoever and nor should you. They have started something and it needs our support. This issue can quite possibly be an historic event where the Macedonians finally rose together and said "enough is enough". When people talk of the Macedonian political capitulations in the past, they will also proudly counter each and every one of them with the unified Macedonian voices of 2010 (единствен глас 2010) demanding an end to negotiations on our name, our identity.

If deep down you are itching to do something for the Macedonian Cause, then now is the time. There is an ill wind coming and only we Macedonians can do something about it.

Quite frankly, your money is not enough. It is a great start but much more needs to be done fast. So, let's start!

I am proposing we pledge funds right here. With funds going to AMHRC/MHRMI directly and solely for the purpose of funding this campaign. We will pledge (= promise to pay) funds here and then transfer the funds directly to AMHRC/MHRMI. Nobody needs to spell out how much they are pledging. If someone can do $5 and someone else can do $5000 so be it. Nobody needs to know. However, I feel it is good to know who is donating irrespective of the size of the contribution. When funds are transferred to AMHRC/MHRMI, I will ask you to use your MTO name (or at least an MTO reference) in the description so that we can quantify any assistance from this little community. Please think about this very carefully and do what is right for Macedonia by helping to fund this initiative.

I will ask AMHRC and/or MHRMI to provide funding options in this thread.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

I pledge to donate to this and am a man of my word.
    Risto the Great

Comment

• MacoLionHeartSun
      • Jun 2010

Thanks RTG, I will pledge also, happy to donate via the forum MTO or directly to AMHRC/MHRMI, May Gods Grace shine on Macedonia (Republic of Macedonia)

Comment

• fyrOM
        Banned
        • Feb 2010

Za Novo Sonce Nad Makedonia!!!

You are right about an ill wind RTG. Not tomorrow or next month but not too far away.

So vekovi pod straf od sabja ne se poturcia dedovcite pa za rezil nasata generaci dobrovolno da si go daj imeto.

Count me in.

Comment

• AMHRC
          De-registered
          • Sep 2009

Donations for the Name Campaign

Thanks Risto,

Below are ways to donate. Please, for those who have a preference for electronic transfers, just email us to inform us that the donation is specifically for the name campaign and also to request a confirmation of our receipt of the funds (of course if you would prefer to remain anonymous then there is no need to do that):

Bank Transfer/Direct Deposit

Directly deposit your donation into the following Westpac bank account:

Account Name
          Macedonian Human Rights Committee
          BSB

Account No

Personal Cheque/Australia Post Money Order

Cheque or Money Order made out to the Macedonian Human Rights Committee. Please send it together with your name, address, telephone number and email address to the following postal address:

Suite 106, Level 1

55 Flemington Rd

North Melbourne, 3051

Victoria, Australia

For those who prefer it, we have Pay Pal available on our website, this is the link: http://macedonianhr.org.au/03getinvolved/

For our North American friends, here is a link with all the details for donations to MHRMI: http://www.mhrmi.org/donation.asp

To all those who have already pledged, thank you very much!

Regards,

AMHRC.
          Last edited by AMHRC; 07-12-2010, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
            • Jan 2009

I pledge to donate what I can from NY. You guys have my support.
            Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
              • Jan 2009

The MHRMI Paypal is not accepting donations. But you can still donate via paypal through the AMHRC if you live in North America. It shows you the conversion from American or Canadian dollars to Australian dollars.
              Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• fyrOM
                Banned
                • Feb 2010

RTG there are two things wrong with your proposal.

1. People are on this site anonymously.

It is one of the principles of this site. Some in the course of discussing threads have chosen to divulge information about themselves and that ofcourse is their choice. You know that funds depending on their form divulge information about their source eg a cheque has your name and account details ect. Requiring people to attach their MTO name or that they are from the MTO defeats the purpose of having anonymity on this site. Do not forget that any organisation nomater if they are small or big is only made up of people and anybody working there is just a person who can be tempted to carry information about anyone they recognise even if it is only for the purpose of gossip without malicious intent they cannot know how far the information will go and who may ultimately hear it. Muabetot e strela. Attaching any reference to the MTO is counter productive. The AHRMC have posted their account details and this is enough. If letting people donate anonymously makes them feel better and hence are likely to do it for this cause it is more important than the MTO and being able to quantify its support. I don’t think we are in some sort of competition with other organisations in who gave more.

2. Each according to their means.
                Everyone knows their own financial position and how much they can donate. Without saying more I have noticed the deletion of some posts. Also for this reason I think any attachment of the MTO to donations is not needed.

I don’t mean anything untoward with these statements only that anonymity should be left at that anonymity. I don’t think the AHRMC will think any less of the MTO for not knowing how much came from the MTO.

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

OM...I seriously believe that you are insulting the professionalism of the good folk at the AMHRC, the guys in the Committee are all professionals, please don't confuse the extremely high standards of the AMHRC with some other organization that you may have previously been involved with.

RTG clearly provided donation options, if you want to donate anonymously please do so but the expression of your fears was not warranted and is counter productive.

I'm happy to support the AMHRC in their latest campaign, thanks guys.
                  Last edited by Phoenix; 07-10-2010, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• makedonche
                    • Oct 2008

I pledge to donate!
                    I further pledge to hunt down any detractors to this worthwhile cause and deal with them personally! It is your choice whether to donate or not, there is no choice regarding the credidbility of this cause!
                    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Pelister
                      • Sep 2008

I have renewed my annual membership and pledge to donate more for the 'Stop the negotiations' campaign.

I am going to track down a number of local Macedonians who basically have no idea this place exists, but have been backing our local organisations with their hard earned money for decades. Anything to help. I need to feel that I can do something ... no matter how small it might be.

Comment

• machorot
                        • May 2010

I am giving a personal pledge to match every genuine donation from MTO members(up to a maximum total of $2,500), until the end of this week.

This is how strongly i feel about this initiative.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Machorot, that is brilliant!
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• AMHRC
                            De-registered
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by machorot View Post
                            I am giving a personal pledge to match every genuine donation from MTO members(up to a maximum total of $2,500), until the end of this week.

This is how strongly i feel about this initiative.
                            Machorot,

That is fantastic! We can inform everyone that so far, $500.00 has come in from MTO donors.

We would also like to stress that Machorot is a person who keeps his word; last year he very publicly announced his intention to make a $5000.00 donation to the AMHRC and he followed through quickly and completely.

Thanks again Machorot,

AMHRC.

Comment

• BigMak
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2009

Can you provide a link etc for those that dont know on how to donate

Comment

Working...
                              X