Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El Bre
    • Sep 2008

Can we find out what village in Kostur this man has roots from? There are quite a few newer settlements (last couple of hundred years) of Patriarchal adherents of various ethnicities who came to Macedonia from places like Epirus. Often times, if the fervent anti-Macedonians aren't nashi, they are the descendants of these newer Macedonian populations.
    Last edited by El Bre; 03-07-2011, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
      Having said that, if you go by the Bulgarian and Greek cartographers of the time, villages in the southern portion of Kostur were inhabited by Greeks. He may be from one of these.
      If we go by Bulgarian and Greek cartographers, we don't have Macedonians anywhere.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Mr Brandy
        • May 2010

I encourage all Canadian-Macedonians to write their MP's and condemn the language used by Jim Karygiannis - it is an outrage that a Member of Parliament would say this - it is not consistent with the Canadian way and should not be tolerated.

Comment

• El Bre
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
          If we go by Bulgarian and Greek cartographers, we don't have Macedonians anywhere.
          Indeed. My mistake.
          Last edited by El Bre; 03-07-2011, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Greek Government Sponsors Anti-Macedonian UofT Lecture

The best action to take is a counter argument while its still fresh in the minds of those that attended.

UMD,
            why don't you guys sponsor a Pro-Macedonian UofT Lecture?
            i am sure some of the big guns here on MTO would smash the anti-Macedonian arguments, so would you be willing to finance their trip and organise a lecture?

You financed trips for Turkish community leaders, i would think my proposal would be more beneficial towards the Macedonian cause.
            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Mr Brandy
              • May 2010

Bill - I think that's a great idea - but from what I understand this lecturer was a complete punk - I can think of several regular posters on the MTO that would put this chap to shame quite easily.

This was an idiot lecturer masquerading as academia trying to rally the troops - his presentation and arguements were very weak - his delivery was even worse.

The more serious and outrageous issue is the MP Jim Karygiannis calling us "Skopians" - this is where we need all Macedonian groups and individuals in Toronto to get involved. MHRMI, United Macedonians and others know full well exactly who this character is. What we need is a coordinated attack against this MP!

Right now in Canada - the Prime Minister - Stephen Harper holds a minority government. The government can fall any day now - all that is needed is non-confidence motion from Karygiannis's party to pass and we are heading to an election.

We need all Macedonians in Canada to protest this deginerate of a politician and make our voices heard. I am calling on all Macedonian organizations to make our voices heard and give Jimmy K a much needed tune-up.

Macedonians in Canada wake up from your winter slumber - its time for action!
              Last edited by Mr Brandy; 03-08-2011, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• MHRMI
                • Dec 2009

Action Alert: MHRMI Demands Immediate Resignation of Racist Liberal MP Jim Karygiannis

MHRMI and AMHRC Condemn Greece's Continued Blacklisting of Ethnic Macedonians Toronto, Canada and Melbourne, Australia (December 22, 2009) -- Greece continues to blacklist Macedonians who are active in human rights organizations abroad or who are political refugees*. The latest reported incident occurred on December 19,

Comment

• Mr Brandy
                  • May 2010

Thank You MHRMI! Excellent response to this!
                  Last edited by Mr Brandy; 03-08-2011, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

nothing short of demand for that stupid lecturer to be sacked for making those silly comments.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Mr Brandy
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                      nothing short of demand for that stupid lecturer to be sacked for making those silly comments.
                      George - this speaker was not a lecturer or employee of the University. He is a paediatrician from Montreal and describes himself of not being a historian. He then goes on to give everyone a history lesson!

He is a clown for sure but his lecture masquerades as a academia to "educate people" however it was more of a rallying cry to inspire his own to fight back.

Apparently there were 2 busloads of high-school students that were brought in to make sure they would hear this guy - thereby brainwashing the next generation.

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

Where is the umd to protest at the un of australia trying to get a seat on the un security council.
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                          Where is the umd to protest at the un of australia trying to get a seat on the un security council.
                          George, we can’t get replies to several of our requests from the UMD (Macedonian government responses) let alone get them to represent the large Macedonian diaspora of Australia.

After 6 years we read replies like, not so fast, we’ll get back to you soon, we represent all Macedonians and the most important to them (ni treba pari) …. we need your financial support. Why, buy results?
                          http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                            • Oct 2009

The ECU Student Guild from Edith Cowan University in Perth and the United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) are organizing the first-ever Macedonian Food Festival to be held at the University on the 8th of April, 2011.

The 1st Macedonian Food Festival will showcase Macedonia’s rich cuisine and heritage. Macedonian food will be donated by the local Perth Macedonian community in support of the Festival. The Festival will feature traditional Macedonian music and dancing, a folklore performance, and a photography exhibit of Macedonian cities, towns, and villages.

Volunteers will be on hand to discuss the role of UMD in promoting Macedonian heritage, and its activities throughout Australia.

Please join us as we celebrate Macedonia’s heritage in Perth, WA! For more information, please e-mail [email protected]

Flyer located at: http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/553/1/
                            For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                            http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                            Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                            Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                            Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                              • Oct 2009

Dear fellow friend of Macedonia:

I am honored to be the Honorary Chair of the 3rd Annual United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) Global Conference on June 23-25, 2011, in Washington, D.C., celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Macedonia's Independence.

Celebrate Macedonia's progress, share your recollections of this remarkable journey, talk about the future, connect with old friends, make new friends, and of course, enjoy Washington, D.C. I hope you will join us in this great celebration!

Please click here to read the full letter and to learn more about the conference: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/J...id=kIagKcSIj24

I look forward to seeing you in June!

Yours truly,

Ambassador Ljubica Z. Acevska
                              For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                              http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                              Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                              Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                              Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• indigen
                                • May 2009

Wasn't she one of those Gligorov and Crvenkovski stooges that assisted in changing our name and the rest of those early 1990s capitulations? How appropriate that she should now chair your "UMD" Vassal support group's VASSAL EXTRAVAGANZA EVENT for 2011. Birds of a feather stick together!
                                Last edited by indigen; 04-01-2011, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X