X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
    Regarding natural resources, what we do have plenty of is renewable energy such as the Sun, Water, and Wind. If this country was only able to keep all the diasporites that now work at NASA, Universities, and Scienctific R&D, etc we certainly would not be in this position we are in today. Again, we simply have morons at the steering wheel.
    Are you taking advantage of that? No.
    Will you do it in the near future? Who knows.
    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Voltron
      Banned
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by George S. View Post
      voltron about 20% is out of work & there are those that the cost of living are prohibitive they even go to non eu counyries to buy stuff coz its cheaper.you know how greece is broke well a lot of people are putting money under their beds or pillows so that it's handy when the official words are announced.Also i forsee rationing coming in like the war years.
      Yes George, unemployment is a problem.
      But they are not piss poor. They are just out of work. We lose the bright ones to countries like US, UK, Australia, etc. It really is a shame.

The kicker is that if we had smarter politicians, these ppl today would have the same opportunites as they do in other countries to grow and excel.

Comment

• Voltron
        Banned
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
        Are you taking advantage of that? No.
        Will you do it in the near future? Who knows.
        Hopefully by God's amazing Grace they will see the potential before its bought by foreigners that already see it.

Honestly Voltron how far did you think you would go when your only incomes are from tourism and olives(in essence)?
        If it wasnt for the Euro straightjacket, it could of been a lot lot longer.
        The US is 14 trillion in debt, but still kicking and its been like that forever now.

Comment

• Daskalot
          • Sep 2008

Yes George, unemployment is a problem.
          But they are not piss poor. They are just out of work. We lose the bright ones to countries like US, UK, Australia, etc. It really is a shame.

The kicker is that if we had smarter politicians, these ppl today would have the same opportunites as they do in other countries to grow and excel.
          So are you saying that your politicans are of lower mental capacity? ie IQ below 80?

Comment

• Voltron
            Banned
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
            So are you saying that your politicans are of lower mental capacity? ie IQ below 80?
            Not a matter of IQ, its a matter of nepotism, corruption, greed and just indifference. When an enviroment like this is nurtured the only way to solve it is to remove it completley. IMO we have to get rid of all these ppl in our govt and to start anew. Dont ask me when this will happen because I just dont know. The positive I can tell you is that if our politicians dont change and get their act together than the Greek people will "remind" them.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

Voltron whichever way you put it your whole country is facing bankruptcy & you don't even blame your politicians for it.What wheres this money coming from welfare ??& even the poor have money??when the eu currency is the order in greece.
              Oh by the way i heard on the radio that germans are even thinking of pulling out of the eu.Also they will decide after the complete collapse of greece whether to allow it to use the eu dollar & go back to the drachma.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Daskalot
                • Sep 2008

Not a matter of IQ, its a matter of nepotism, corruption, greed and just indifference. When an enviroment like this is nurtured the only way to solve it is to remove it completley. IMO we have to get rid of all these ppl in our govt and to start anew. Dont ask me when this will happen because I just dont know. The good thing is that if our politicians dont change and gteet their act to together we the people will "remind" them.
                How exactly will you remind them? Your demonstrations in Athens are not that impressive for a city of 4.5 million people. And even less so if we take the whole Greek populace into consideration. Your demonstrations against us in the 1990s attracted even more people, strange.

Comment

• Voltron
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2011

Its been going for a month strong. Something will give in and the camel's back will be broken. Once that happens, It will make the Arab spring look like a cakewalk.

If our politicans dont know this by now, they will find out soon.

Comment

• Daskalot
                    • Sep 2008

Its been going for a month strong. Something will give in and the camel's back will be broken. Once that happens, It will make the Arab spring look like a cakewalk.

If our politicans dont know this by now, they will find out soon.
                    Wow, are you armed? Do you have food stored? And most importantly do you have hard cash, to buy the above? If not, what will it be? People shouting and throwing stones.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

Why are we even sdmitting that something bad is going to happen to your beloved politicians.What camels back are you breaking.Also what is there for the politicians to know if you are constantly denying what happened to innocent macedonian people.Voltron if you
                      typify the ordinary citizen then god help you because you are dragging greece in the mire by being silent on many issues.This has been proven by others who are more forthcoming.
                      So you bs something about politicians getting it is just skirting around the problem
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Zarni
                        Banned
                        • May 2011

All those protestors are anarchists whilst Greek Society is just as accountable for Greece’s mess as are Greek Politicians stop complaining and admit guilt

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

it's not too much to ask is it.We would be the first to admit on this forum that we have bad politicians have fucked up badly.Some people can't even do that.
                          Last edited by George S.; 06-28-2011, 05:38 PM. Reason: ed
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                            • Nov 2009

Voltron there a no protests in Greece...ye right love the communism mate

Greek strike closes border crossing with Macedonia
                            Source: B92

SKOPJE -- A general strike called in Greece has resulted in the closing of the Gevgelija border for crossing with Macedonia for 48 hours, said reports.
                            Scenes from Athens (file)
                            Scenes from Athens (file)

Some flights from the main airport in Athens have also been canceled.

Greek unions have called the strike in a bid to prevent the country's parliament from adopting a package allowing for more austerity measures to be implemented.

Reports from Athens on Tuesday said that a protest that coincided with start of the strike turned violent, as police used tear gas against demonstrators.

But travelers from Serbia, mostly tourists, are concerned that they will not be able to reach their vacation destinations in Greece.

Our reporter in southern Macedonia said earlier today that there were traffic jams at Gevgelija, but that vehicles were being redirected to two other crossings.

The Interior Ministry in Skopje announced that buses and trucks will not be allowed through in the next two days, while passenger vehicles will be able to cross the border periodically.

For this reason, drivers were urged to travel to Greece via Bulgaria.

Although Greek customs workers announced a total blockade, the crossings of Dorjan and Medzetlija were still open this morning, said the Macedonian ministry.

Those headed to Greece from Serbia may wish consider alternative routes via Sofia and Blagoevgrad.

All Greece-bound flights scheduled for this morning from Belgrade went ahead as planned.

Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

lavce there was a strike & voltron was hurrying to get out what was that strike about anything to do with the greek govt??
                              So the greeks have decided to block off macedonia How crazy is that?Does anyone knowif that is definite.??oh well blockades in the middle of tourist season how stupid is that just when greece needs the money badley.
                              Last edited by George S.; 06-28-2011, 11:42 PM. Reason: ed
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Once that happens, It will make the Arab spring look like a cakewalk.
                                Lol, you're kidding, right? Let me know when your prime minister gives the order to his security forces to mow protesters down with machine guns in the streets..........I thought the Greek government ceased their gestapo tactics after suppressing all of the minorities in the country.
                                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                                X