X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • astibo
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post

To be fair, there is still not much to be celebrating in Macedonia.
    Actualy, if we consider surmpconstences ans surounding in wich Macedonian state is growing, we are hanging on quite well.
    Some paradoxes :
    -The quality of live here is on a decent level, I don’t know what u guys from abroad think but it is not very bad, it is surely not like in Australia, Germany or USA, but people are living good. There are problems with finding jobs yes, but every body somehow menage to earn some money and go on vacation, go on shoping in Solun, pay for studiing on some of the Macedonian or foreign universities etc.
    -It is thrue that we have big trade deficit, but also it’s thrue that our debt to foreign countries and organizations is shrinking (at least ontill now with this government , I hope it continues this way)
    -We hade the 2001 war conflict, our soldiers won every battle, but we where forced to make peace agreement and change our constitution (which btw. was allready the most democratic in the balkans and wider). Our state recovered vary fast, in fact our institutions where functioning 100%, every body in the society was doing his job, for example Ohrid was full with tourists who knew that theare police and army will do thear job.
    -Our soldiers are among the best soldiers in Irak and Afganistan, reciving medals from American comanders, while greeks who are in Nato do not participate with soldiers in the Nato missions in Irak and Afganistan
    - every national and religious minority in Macedonia have every right they should have according international laws and more that that
    -We have saved the Dojran lake from ecologic catastrofe, while the eu greeks on the other side wher emptiing the lake and used the wather for theare agriculture
    -We have the great cross in Skopje on Vodno, build to comemorate 2000 years of christianity
    -The sport life here is on very low level, very few of the kids are participating in some sport, our talents are sliping unnotised, but somehow our national handball, voleybal, basketball teams are among the first 10 in europe, our national soccer team is probably the most unpredictible team in the world, playing 1-1 in england with thear team, and the very next weak loosing from Andora 1-0 at home
    -Our archeology is maybe in the centar of the world archeology in thease two years, with findings like adam from Govrlevo, Ikar from Ohrid, the golden masks, the reconstructions of the neolithic setlements in Ohrid and in Skopje, the royal macedonian tombs etc
    -Despite the 100 year anti-macedonian propaganda, still people like Vasil Iljov, Petar Popovski, Donski, Markus and many others where born. I know that some of u guys don’t apreciate thear job, but I think that they deserve big credit. Afther all, they where among the first Macedonians who dared to sneak behind the 6-th century..

There are many more things to mention here. I don’t want thiss to be some kind of showing off, i know that many things are not like they should be , but I think that among the thousends of bad and pesimistic words we must not forgeth to point our achivments and say some good words about them, achivments of all Macedonians, in Macedonia and in the Diaspora

Astibo for president

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Astibo, you have my vote!
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

i have seen the film i can see the point that the film has some value but i would not risk it to say that its's the best to represent Macedonia.I think SBS still refers to us as FYROM.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Ohrid77
          Banned
          • Nov 2009

Sad movie, and yes the setting depicts a typical Balkan city.

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

Astibo, We drew 2-2 with England in Southampton who could forget Artim Shakiri's goal from the corner??

I agree with everything else, i know that Rome wasnt built in a day we have done some amazing things in the last 2 years. They are still looking for Aleksandar the Great's grave somewhere in Gevgelija but im not sure if they will find it.

Jas Sum Od Titov Veles is also a depressing movie, they should be making positive movies for a change not depressing ones.
            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Bij
              • Oct 2009

astibo! please tell me you have a similar standard of life as those of us in the west when you can walk in to a hospital in macedonia that doesn't have shit or blood all over the walls and be treated by a doctor who you don't have to bribe to help you! - my only anti macedonian rant, i swear, i love the place!!

bal-kan-kan was pretty funny until the ending!

Comment

• astibo
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bij View Post
                astibo! please tell me you have a similar standard of life as those of us in the west when you can walk in to a hospital in macedonia that doesn't have shit or blood all over the walls and be treated by a doctor who you don't have to bribe to help you! - my only anti macedonian rant, i swear, i love the place!!

bal-kan-kan was pretty funny until the ending!
                Tell me when u where in a macedonian hospitall and sow shit and blod over the walls. Exacly my point again, u exaguarate about some things. It is thrue that there are problems in the hospitals here, but fare from what u are saying.

Comment

• Jankovska
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by astibo View Post
                  The villages that u are describing are those who have only one or two, or maybe 10 people older than 80 years still living in them, because all the young generations moved to live who knows where in the white world. What u are portraying here don’t exist in Macedonia, I mean common “kids walking throu the mountains to go to school” u should be embarrassed right now
                  it is true that we can see some dirt on the streets here and there, and gypsies beaging for money on the stone bridge etc. but I must say that u have very bad and non-realistic picture for Macedonia, u must visit more often.
                  About the movies I agree with u
                  No, the selo of B's in Kriva Palanka has around 50 houses of which 35 at least have living members. It's a mountain village under the Kalin Kamin mountain and the chidlren have to go to school in Duracka Reka, a village which is about an hour walk mostly through the woods. The goverment sponsored I think now for the children to be taken by cab but in the winter it's not possible coz of the snow so they walk. They have to finish 8 years primary school there. There is about 15 kids. As for visiting often I go every two months and I do visit B's the village coz my dad was born there. There are other villages like Stanci, Korija, Krklja who have quite a few chidlren walking through the mountains. So instead of asking me to visit more often maybe you should get on one of the 'great' buses from Stip to Kriva Palanka (goes every monday and friday) and visit more often to get a real picture of Macedonia.

Comment

• Jankovska
                    • Sep 2008

Tell me when u where in a macedonian hospitall and sow shit and blod over the walls. Exacly my point again, u exaguarate about some things. It is thrue that there are problems in the hospitals here, but fare from what u are saying.
                    Last October

Comment

• astibo
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
                      Last October
                      In what hospital was this? Where is that hospital with shit on the wals?

Comment

• Bij
                        • Oct 2009

July this year when my cousin gave birth. Bitola's main hospital. BLOOD AND SHIT ALL OVER THE WALLS. the same blood and shit that was there last year.

Comment

• astibo
                          • Oct 2009

As for the kids walking throu the mountans, u sad your self that there are cabs going afther them, but when it's not posible to do that becouse of the snow what do u sugest that the government should do?
                          I know the vilages in Macedonia, most of them have oround 15 chilldren from 1 to 8 grade together, it is not posible to have a school in every vilage.
                          I my self, when i was going to school i was walking for halth hour in one direction, i know the real picture of Macedonia.

Comment

• astibo
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bij View Post
                            July this year when my cousin gave birth. Bitola's main hospital. BLOOD AND SHIT ALL OVER THE WALLS. the same blood and shit that was there last year.
                            Maybe, i dont know i was never in that hospital. I can just say that i have never been in hospital like that in Macedonia, and i have been in the hospitals in Stip, Kocani, drzavna bolnica, gradska bolnica and voena bolnica in Skopje. In these hospitals there is no shit on the wals...
                            Maybe u are right about Bitola's hospital, i hope u are not,

Comment

• Jankovska
                              • Sep 2008

In what hospital was this? Where is that hospital with shit on the wals?
                              Drzavna, skopje. Not just blood everywhere but the kontenjeri nadvor polni so spricevi and gazi i blood and shit. Awful picture. MAkedonci nikogas nema da naucat higiena i gotovo. Tesko e voda da se pusti u WC pa sto saka neka e

As for the kids the goverment introduced that this year, two months ago otherwise they walked. The road they walk is through the woods, I have walked it once or twice in my life. They can't walk the road where cabs go because it takes them all the way to town and than back. Maybe instead of sending cabs this goverment could have invest to cut a good road through so they don't have to walk to school with the hunters in case they have to face wolfs or boar.
                              you sound to me like a snobish rich kid who lives in that world and does not mix with the rest
                              Last edited by Jankovska; 11-10-2009, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• Bill77
                                • Oct 2009

ok guys or Girls chill out a bit.

I am not deliberatly sitting on the fence, but my experiance has both positive and negative points.

couple of years ago my wife had test's at the Bitola Hospital. She has a chronic illnes which took Doctors in Australia 4 years to pin point while she went thrugh test after test's. But amazingly, all the problems that my wife and i were aware of, were confirmed by The macedonian Doctors whithin half an hour. This is not a joke or exageration.

Regarding the building condition, although it was not like any private hospital in australia, Bitola Hospital was ahead of any Greek hospital i paid visit around the solun or lerin area.

But the negative side (mabe not for us) But the system, we walked in and out of hospital and tests with out whaiting in lines only Because we were acompanied by a former head surgen. So its a case of who you know. Also in saying this, having contacts here in Australia also helps just like anywhere in the world. Australia is not imune to Bribary or favourtism.
                                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

Working...
                                X