X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Macedonian movie on SBS last night

I don't recall watching the movie called "Mirage" before.
    I saw the first half and it depressed the Macedonian right out of me. In fact, it was arguably the most depressing film since the last Macedonian movie I saw on SBS.

I have had very little chance to visit actual villages in Macedonia. Can anyone confirm if this kind of miserable existence is still prevalent in rural villages? I was waiting for Borat to make an appearance.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • BigMak
    Banned
    • Jan 2009

Unfortunate and as sad as it may look, this is very common in many villages.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Never seen it, what exactly are we talking about?
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

I read somewhere that Crvenkovski said this movie was bad for Macedonia's image. However alot of people I know who saw it said it wasn't that far off the mark. I think it's a really good movie. Depressing,,,but still good.

You can watch it in parts on google video here - http://video.google.com/videosearch?...donian&start=0
        Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Its a really sad movie, i dont want to ruin it for the people who havnt seen it but basically its about a young and ambitious boy who is a good kid however everybody around him including his family are pretty much fucked in the head. His father is a Pijanica and his sister is a real bitch.

SOM, If you want me to give you furher information i'll be happy to do so, but its a very sad movie and it gives a bad picture about Macedonia and the way of life there.

Risto, How did you like the ending of the movie?
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

Can anyone confirm if this kind of miserable existence is still prevalent in rural villages?
            I dont believe that Veles is a village, Koco Racin is from there Remember?
            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Bij
              • Oct 2009

this is a wrist slitting one for me. couldn't sit through the whole thing, but there are kids disadvantaged by alcoholic family members everywhere.

Comment

• Prolet
                • Sep 2009

The biggest thing that flabbergasted me was the fact there were so many actors that wernt Macedonian and spoke Macedonian really well.

Like the Bosnian Teacher and the little kids friend, who is a famous Serbian Actor Nikola Duricko.

Comment

• Rogi
                  • Sep 2008

All of you fellow Melburnians should have seen it!

We screned it twice (opening night and last day) during the Macedonian Film Festival in Melbourne just over a week ago!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

I will reserve my final judgment until I watch the remainder of the film. But it really was very distressing.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Jankovska
                      • Sep 2008

I haven't watched it, I usually don't watch Macedonian movies coz to be honest I think most are bez veza. We are trying to hard to make a movie that it just becomes something unwatchable. Before you all jump and shoot me, that is only my opinion and will stay that way. Apart from Pred Dozdot i maybe preku ezeroto (which again was quite made up) all the other movies I have seen are way to far from reality, I have no idea what the aim was anyway.
                      As for villages etc you guys really have to take a good walk around all the mountian villages. The houses are still made of mud and stone, the women wear only opinci and selska nosija, the kids walk through the mountain to go to school, through snow and rain for hours. Everyone in these houses has rakija coz they make it so alcohol in the family is a normal thing. However I think that people in the cities drink more than those in the villages and most of things we see in Macedonian movies are just a director trying hard to reach whoknows what./

Comment

• BigMak
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2009

Growing up in Macedonia, 12-year-old Marco has a talent for writing, and dreams of a better life. But along with enduring bullying at school, his father is an alcoholic, his sister is abusive and his mother is a submissive, broken woman. Let down by all around him, Marco decides to act, with tragic consequences. Directed by Svetozar Ristovski and stars Marko Kovacevic and Vlado Jovanovski. (From Macedonia in Macedonian, English subtitles) (Drama) 2005 MA (L,V) WS

Comment

• astibo
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          I don't recall watching the movie called "Mirage" before.
                          I saw the first half and it depressed the Macedonian right out of me. In fact, it was arguably the most depressing film since the last Macedonian movie I saw on SBS.

I have had very little chance to visit actual villages in Macedonia. Can anyone confirm if this kind of miserable existence is still prevalent in rural villages? I was waiting for Borat to make an appearance.
                          I am little disappointed because u guys don’t know the ambient in Macedonian towns and villages, u should come and visit more often.
                          Во филмот не е претставена реална слика за амбиентот во македонските градови и села. Не знам зошто ама овие наши филмаџии постојано прават некакви депресивни филмови. Има уметничка вредност итн. итн. ама малку е претерано секој македонски филм да е таков депресивен, дава искривена слика за Македонија.
                          Сакам да кажам дека во кој и да било македонски град, почнувајќи од Скопје па се до најмалото селце во македонија, секаде преовладува позитивна и весела атмосвера, без разлика дали има економска, политичка или било каква криза.
                          Велес е град, еден од поголемите во Македонија...

Поздрав

Comment

• astibo
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
                            I haven't watched it, I usually don't watch Macedonian movies coz to be honest I think most are bez veza. We are trying to hard to make a movie that it just becomes something unwatchable. Before you all jump and shoot me, that is only my opinion and will stay that way. Apart from Pred Dozdot i maybe preku ezeroto (which again was quite made up) all the other movies I have seen are way to far from reality, I have no idea what the aim was anyway.
                            As for villages etc you guys really have to take a good walk around all the mountian villages. The houses are still made of mud and stone, the women wear only opinci and selska nosija, the kids walk through the mountain to go to school, through snow and rain for hours. Everyone in these houses has rakija coz they make it so alcohol in the family is a normal thing. However I think that people in the cities drink more than those in the villages and most of things we see in Macedonian movies are just a director trying hard to reach whoknows what./
                            The villages that u are describing are those who have only one or two, or maybe 10 people older than 80 years still living in them, because all the young generations moved to live who knows where in the white world. What u are portraying here don’t exist in Macedonia, I mean common “kids walking throu the mountains to go to school” u should be embarrassed right now
                            it is true that we can see some dirt on the streets here and there, and gypsies beaging for money on the stone bridge etc. but I must say that u have very bad and non-realistic picture for Macedonia, u must visit more often.
                            About the movies I agree with u

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Thank God for that Astibo!
                              Perhaps Macedonians just create depressing films because they still can't shake off the misery of their "robstvo" for centuries. I still haven't watched the second half of the film but am hopeful there is some kind of redemption by the end.

To be fair, there is still not much to be celebrating in Macedonia.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                              X