Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

We should not forget the Turkish Linux alternative Pardus, it is very good on par with Ubuntu.
    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Coolski
      • Sep 2008

im thinking about installing ubuntu on my old laptop. i'm wondering if i should give this pardus a go. I hadn't heard about it until you mentioned it Daskale.
      - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
      - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• makedonin
        • Sep 2008

Coolskie, get this book, it is fair good book on Ubuntu for starters:
        To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Pelister
          • Sep 2008

My desktop is a mess.

Comment

• Coolski
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonin View Post
            Coolskie, get this book, it is fair good book on Ubuntu for starters:
            http://www.esnips.com/doc/74848b7f-9...0/Ubuntu-Linux
            thanks makedonin.. i've used it on other machines before, and i use a mac, which has the same terminal commands so it shouldn't be too different.

I just saw a vid of ubuntu 9.10 on youtube and it's looking very OS X-like. I just downloaded it.
            - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
            - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• makedonin
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Coolski View Post

I just saw a vid of ubuntu 9.10 on youtube and it's looking very OS X-like. I just downloaded it.
              You are welcome Coolski.

OS X is good. I would buy it, if I was up to spend money for Operation System and a PC i.e. Mac.

But I will stick with Ubuntu, it is free, and serves my needs. Above all, it is customizable to the bone, which I love.

Here is my absolute favorite theme, Die Hard 4 like theme:

plain simple and nice looking.
              Last edited by makedonin; 11-14-2009, 03:24 PM.
              To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Daskalot
                • Sep 2008

Nice one Makedonin, I have not installed 9.10 yet I like my Linux Mint 7 so much, am I missing out on all the goodies?

I might wait until Linux Mint 8 comes out until I reinstall.
                Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• makedonin
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                  Nice one Makedonin, I have not installed 9.10 yet I like my Linux Mint 7 so much, am I missing out on all the goodies?
                  Performance is better as far as I can say.

I just did update on my Desktop PC.

But I could install the 9.10 on my Acer Aspire laptop and had sound out of the box. This was very bad back draw at the previous versions. Alsa driver could not handle the Acer Aspire Intel Sound Chip. Now is all perfect.

New Mint like software center is there, better than the previous in my opinion.

You can install cairo dock, screenlets, emerald, compiz and much more all out of the box.

Really good.

So it is only getting better.

Comment

Working...
                  X