X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Baba .... Yiaya

I read of the death of a Grkomanka in our local newspaper.
    I am sure she was a nice woman but could not help but notice how her grandchildren each wrote their parting thoughts and called her "Baba". Then her great grandchildren called her "Yiaya" in their parting thoughts.

In a few more generations they might have called her Aphrodite the Greek Goddess !!!

This kind of revisionism is astounding. The great grandchildren are obviously proud Greek Australians. The grandchildren are Greek Australian (albeit with a little secret). The parents are Greek Australians (with bigger secrets). And the poor woman was a victim without even knowing it.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • BigMak
    Banned
    • Jan 2009

Such Grkomani are the root of our problems in the Diaspora concocting such terminology as greek Macedonian etc,

By the use of such outrageous terms this in itself causes confusion such as outsiders believing that here is more than one type of Macedonian etc

As long as these people refer to themselves as greeks and to keep out of our God given right to Self-determination as Macedonians with the ability to freely determine our own political, economic, social, cultural, Religious and Historical rights

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

May she rest in peace. These examples are pathetically sad but true, rest assured the youngest generation have not a clue, and probably never will, or will never venture outside their box to ask some obvious questions. I don't know, if I grew up in a family that claimed to be Greeks yet we did not speak Greek at home (but instead another language like Macedonian) I would be curious and ask about it. To the modern grkomani, that's just the way things are, solidly confused and unquestionable. I mean, how would some fool that has taught his son to believe he is a Greek explain to him why he can understand his Macedonian neighbours talking more than his Greek friends and relatives? What a pathetic lie to be living, and they do it every day.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

I remember when i first came to australia we were"forced"to go to Greek scripture.I'll never forget how this priest babbled on in Greek.I never understood a word.My parents put a stop to that & disenrolled me.I ended up doing sewing lessons instead.I remember we just had the Roseberry church built in sydney & it took years later to have scripture lessons in Macedonian.THe Greek priests were saying that it's not Macedonian it's Bulgarian.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Greek xenophobia and racism as it is known today is usually honed by their priests, except for the orgies at mykonos, blessing islamic cannons while firing into christians, etc, their integrity is spot on and 'untainted'.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
          X