Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

Koga se zborva za bitola se veli tatkomy na Filip2 e Amyntas toij bill roden vo bitola.
    Za interec Filip 2 bil roden vo Trebenista.Kako taka albancite kako grcite saka da nigo kradat nasiot tatko i kral Alexander toi bil makedonec.Albancite sonuvatt koga tie mislat deka toi e niv ali ali tie mislat pogresno deka toi ima nekokav link co illyrianski luge.
    Toj e Makedonec i kolky sakaat da lazat albancite nemozat crno da bidit belo.
    George S.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Kai bilo pisano deka Filip e roden vo Bitola ili Trebeniste?
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Astrit
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
        Mother Teresa was part Macedonian? I doubt it, but am willing to be proved wrong if evidence to the contrary exists.

As for the assertions that Alexander is 'Albanian', lol, not even worth dignifying with an answer, they have been lucky enough to be given a free reign over rights to the history of Skenderbeg, even though Evliya Celebi, who carried out a detailed study of Albanian people, history, culture and language in the 17th century, fails to mention him.
        Outside the internet realm I have not heard of a respected Albanian historian claim Alexander, it is a ridiculous theory.

The Turks called Skenderbeg "Arnavutlu İskender Bey" or Iskender Bey the Albanian. Skenderbegs main ally was Leke Dukagjini author of the infamous Albanian Kanun. Although it is likely that Skanderbeg had a Slavic mother.

Comment

• 777Bitola
          • Sep 2009

Mother Teresa was part Macedonian? I doubt it, but am willing to be proved wrong if evidence to the contrary exists.

As for the assertions that Alexander is 'Albanian', lol, not even worth dignifying with an answer, they have been lucky enough to be given a free reign over rights to the history of Skenderbeg, even though Evliya Celebi, who carried out a detailed study of Albanian people, history, culture and language in the 17th century, fails to mention him.
          Well it was something i head. Her mother was Albanian and people are not sure what her father was. So i've heard some claiming her to be part Macedonian. I personally dont believe this.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Astrit
            George her surname was Bojaxhiu, are you telling that this is a Macedonian surname, it is Albanian it literally means painter.
            Astrit, in Macedonian one could say 'Boja' for colour and 'Bojadzhi' for colourers, formalised Macedonian surnames such as 'Bojadzhiev' exist. The word 'Boyacı' is actually Turkish by origin as are the suffixes 'ci', 'xhiu' and 'dzhi'.
            Her family members were Malsors from northern Albania...........Famous quote by Mother Theresa:

Quote:
            “By blood, I am Albanian. By citizenship, an Indian. By faith, I am a Catholic nun. As to my calling, I belong to the world. As to my heart, I belong entirely to the Heart of Jesus”
            Any sources to confirm the above location for her origin and the quote you have cited?
            The Turks called Skenderbeg "Arnavutlu İskender Bey" or Iskender Bey the Albanian. Skenderbegs main ally was Leke Dukagjini author of the infamous Albanian Kanun. Although it is likely that Skanderbeg had a Slavic mother.
            Again Astrit, I would like to see a source or two where the Turks call him "Arnavutlu İskender Bey" as opposed to just "İskender Bey", Evliya Celebi is one of the greatest Turkish travellers of the Ottoman Empire and he does not mention him in his several chapters relating to Albanians.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Astrit
              • Jul 2009

Astrit, in Macedonian one could say 'Boja' for colour and 'Bojadzhi' for colourers, formalised Macedonian surnames such as 'Bojadzhiev' exist. The word 'Boyacı' is actually Turkish by origin as are the suffixes 'ci', 'xhiu' and 'dzhi'.
              Yes, the word boyaçi is of Turkish origin, same as the the suffix çiu
              however the Albanized form would be Bojaxhiu same as Mother Teresa's surname.

John for example is obviously not an Albanian name but I doubt you will meet many "Gjons"(Albanized) that are not of Albanian ancestry.

Any sources to confirm the above location for her origin and the quote you have cited?
              The Vatican website:

Comment

• Astrit
                • Jul 2009

Again Astrit, I would like to see a source or two where the Turks call him "Arnavutlu İskender Bey" as opposed to just "İskender Bey", Evliya Celebi is one of the greatest Turkish travellers of the Ottoman Empire and he does not mention him in his several chapters relating to Albanians.

"He was the youngest son of John Kastrioti, head of a powerful Albanian family whose holdings in the central and northern parts of the region included the important fortress of Kruje. Kastrioti the elder was defeated during the early Turkish incursions into Albania, and Kruje was garrisoned by the Sultan. As earnest of his future obedience Kastrioti was forced to give his sons as hostages, and George was educated at the Turkish military school at Adrianople. He is known to have embraced Islam, and to have impressed Sultan Murad II with his promise; he was attached to the Sultan's personal staff for a period, and given the name Iskander, or Alexander, a revered name in Asia Minor since the days of the god-king of Macedon. His rank was Bey, and 'Skanderbeg' was the corruption of his Turkish name and rank produced in later years by his Albanian countrymen."

Renowned writer in the 1500's Jacques de Lavardin published the book:
                The historie of George Castriot, surnamed Scanderbeg, King of Albanie(Published in 1596)
                Last edited by Astrit; 09-04-2009, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Astrit
                  Yes, the word boyaçi is of Turkish origin, same as the the suffix çiu
                  however the Albanized form would be Bojaxhiu same as Mother Teresa's surname.
                  I believe the sound of the word and suffix is the same in Macedonian, Albanian and Turkish, regardless of the spelling, they are the same as the English "G" in George.

Thanks for the vatican link, is that the official website of the Vatican?

The picture you provided has Turkish written in the Latin script introduced in the 20th century, Skenderbeg was alive during early Ottoman times. Do any Ottoman documents refer to him as an Arnavut?

Renowned writer in the 1500's Jacques de Lavardin published the book:
                  The historie of George Castriot, surnamed Scanderbeg, King of Albanie(Published in 1596)
                  I don't doubt that he ruled over Albanians.

Comment

• 777Bitola
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                    I better explain myself i Don't like the albanians in Macedonia who actually want to take away our homeland tatkovinata.I have driven past through albania to go to serbia to see my relatives in crna gora.While travelling most people seem to be helpfull & hospitable & are catholic & there is no mosque to be seen in albania.But in macedonia theres 2 mosques in a town.I don't hate people perse. I hate the things people do or if they are an enemy of the macedonian state.Definitely i have to agree with you it has been time & again our worst enemy is some of our own people sorry to say but it's a fact.Risto i beleive that i'm proud to be a macedonian.My father was saying that my grand father was fighting the ottomans in the old days with the chettas & he was captured & taken to albania & tortured & killed along with the others.
                    Thank you
                    George S.
                    I would say there arent many Albanians in Bitola, whatevers left of them and the gypsies go to those two mosques. I think one is a museum though.

Comment

• King Makedon
                      • Apr 2009

I heard of vlach people claiming she´s vlach.

I don´t know.

Her name Gondza. I never heard anybody else given that name.

So her origin remain a mystery at least to me.
                      ]
                      The world belongs to Macedonia. Macedonia does not belong to the world, especially not to Macedonia's neighbouring countries.
                      [/SIZE]

Comment

• Pelister
                        • Sep 2008

Bojana is a common Macedonian personal name. And as SoM has pointed out what 'Boja' means in Macedonian, I wonder what it means in other Slavic languages, such as Russian ?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Pelister, it can mean a few things apart from the Turkish word Boja. For example:

Boi (Fear)
                          Boi (Battle)

Bojana comes from one of the above, there is also the popular Serb name 'Nebojsa' (fearless), coming from Ne-Boi (Don't fear).

Comment

Working...
                          X