X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Quislings Everywhere

Quisling (Norwegian pronunciation: [ˈkʋɪsˈlɪŋ]; English: /ˈkwɪzlɪŋ/) is a term used in reference to fascist and collaborationist political parties and military and paramilitary forces in occupied Allied countries which collaborated with Axis occupiers in World War II, as well as for their members and other collaborators...

...The term was coined by the British newspaper The Times in an editorial published on 19 April 1940, entitled "Quislings everywhere" after the Norwegian Vidkun Quisling, who assisted Nazi Germany as it conquered his own country so that he could rule the collaborationist Norwegian government himself.
    Perhaps the new word for Quislings could be based on one of our own infamous politicians?
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Excellent term.
    Macedonia is full of Quisling politicians and instead of being NAZI collaborators, they are EU collaborators.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• blackcactus
      • Sep 2008

Here is an example of a very well known one

Nice word by the way, it roles off the tongue beautifully
      The one who tells the story rules the World - Hopi proverb

“Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only meant that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark” - Monty Python

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by blackcactus View Post
        Here is an example of a very well known one

Nice word by the way, it roles off the tongue beautifully
        I'm surprised you like the 'word'. It literally means traitor. Isn't that the 'wrong' approach? The Wikipedia article continues:

The Daily Mail picked up the term four days later, and the BBC then brought it into common use internationally.[1] The Times' editorial asserted: "To writers, the word Quisling is a gift from the gods. If they had been ordered to invent a new word for traitor...they could hardly have hit upon a more brilliant combination of letters. Aurally it contrives to suggest something at once slippery and tortuous."
        What superficiality! (If that word is too offensive, let me know, I'll find another one).
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

Dick head would be an appropriate term here.How could people be so stupid to sell their own soul to the devil.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• ProMKD
            • Oct 2011

Did you guys ever hear of that campaign, Bollocks to Blair? Is that shirt from it? Hilarious!
            www.everythingmacedonia.com
            Support tourism to Macedonia!

Comment

Working...
            X