X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
    Risto, In your opinion whats the best way to beat these interest rate hikes? Rogi mentioned investing in properties however thats a bit too expensive whos got $650k to spare with interest rates rising?
    Prolet, look for growing population areas with good industry around them. Property does not have to be in the CBD to rise in value. Of course, buying property with a view to gain tax benefits from negative gearing relies on the assumption you have an income in at least the marginal tax rate of 31.5%.

Interest rates are still low. You have to assess each property on its own merits. If you have specifics to discuss, we can play with some numbers if you like.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Daniel
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
      That said though, it all does depend on whether the recommendations of the ACCC are followed and legislation is drafted and enacted to prevent all this collusion.
      Do you really believe that the banks are colluding though, are they not just doing what all oligopolist organisations do, follow the leader?

Comment

• Buktop
        • Oct 2009

I would watch out for the next 2 quarters, if they keep raising interest at this rate your inflation will skyrocket.

I would suggest being cautious of a secondary slowdown. As we saw recently, Dubai is latest to be hit by a debt crisis, and this alone sent their stock indexes plummeting.

My only advice is to be cautious, just because we started to recover, doesn't mean that it's smooth sailing from here on. The US Federal Reserve is still reluctant to increase Interest Rates. You should have the resources to properly leverage investments (balance debt and equity) before taking a risk on overextending yourself. I am more of a conservative investor myself.
        Last edited by Buktop; 12-04-2009, 12:55 AM.
        "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
        though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
        Our long awaited hour will draw near
        and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Risto, Im not sure if you know the property market in Melbourne but it costs an arm and a leg to buy even a tool shed.

Buktop, We're not out of the woods yet, with the rise of interest rates means the rise of the Aussie dollar. The 3 out of the 4 greedy banks have already raised 50% more then the reserve bank with the Commonwealth Bank and ANZ following suit.
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Prolet, I reckon there are some bargains in the CBD in Melbourne.
            I saw some 2 storey terrace type places in Carlton that would sell for $400,000 more in Adelaide. It's only money!
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
            X