Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

When i was in Skopje i went to Ramstore quite alot, the prices are the same and if you are a member of Ramstore you get discounts on some prices usually from 10-20% It all depends on the season if you buy in peak season its cheaper. In winter time fruit and vegetables are more expensive but way cheaper then the EU countries. The average price for fruits is around 50 denars per kilo which is close to 1 euro probably 0,80 around about there. Turkey is a much bigger country with a bigger market and more competition.

Also do you have Ashure?? Made from wheat and wallnuts.
    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Spartan
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Onur View Post
      all the islander Greeks can speak Turkish quite good and fluently
      Can you back this up with anything....or are you blowing hot air.... again?
      Where did you learn " all the islander Greeks can speak Turkish quite good and fluently "?

Greek islands are even more expensive than Greece because they are so far away to Greece mainland, so this adds transport fees. You know most of Greek islands are so close to Turkey.
      Seriously Onur, where do you come up with this shit dude??
      The greek islands are more expensive because there is a high demand to visit them
      Oh, and they arent that far from the Grek mainland....you can get to any Greek island from Athens in an hour or less for a very reasonable price.

Regular Turkish or ordinary coffee in Turkey is about 1,70_EU in quite good places. Coffees with aromas or with alcoholic drinks are like 3_EU but i think Turkey is cheapest for grocery stuff cuz whenever i see islander Greeks here, they either buy fruits and vegetables or looking at the jewelery stores
      Ive been to Bodrum....for leather and rugs though, not groceries...but yes, many greek islanders go shopping there....especially from Cos and Rhodes.
      Last edited by Spartan; 06-01-2010, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Onur
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
        Can you back this up with anything....or are you blowing hot air.... again?
        Where did you learn " all the islander Greeks can speak Turkish quite good and fluently "?

The greek islands are more expensive because there is a high demand to visit them
        Oh, and they arent that far from the Grek mainland....you can get to any Greek island from Athens in an hour or less for a very reasonable price.

Ive been to Bodrum....for leather and rugs though, not groceries...but yes, many greek islanders go shopping there....especially from Cos and Rhodes.

Spartan, you are tiring me for no reason again. You know, i am living in Izmir, so its so close to coastal towns like Bodrum, Cesme, Marmaris etc. I mostly spend whole summer season in these towns.

It was my personal observation. I mean the ones who comes to Turkey. Whenever i see islander Greeks around, they were speaking Turkish quite good. Especially 50+ years old people. And what are you trying to tell me? OR Turkish still forbidden in Greece at 2010 and you are surprised? OR you gonna cut your wrists if this is the truth???

"High demand to visit"??? LOL, then why Greek island governors was crying to Papandreu to allow Turkish citizens to come to the islands without visa??? Whenever i read articles about tourism in Greek islands, i read that most of them are deserted except 1-2 island. For example, you ever heard Turkish authorities demand same thing from Greece? No, because if i remember correctly, more than double amount of tourists than Greece comes to Turkey every year, so we don't need to, unlike your islanders.

I don't care about why your islands are expensive either. Transportation fees was just my estimation. If its not expensive, whatta hell you were doing in Bodrum??? You just said you came here for leather and rugs. If its not expensive in Greece, then buy it from there, don't come to Turkey just to buy rugs. If it is expensive then don't object what i wrote at my previous message.

About the distance of the islands. Go to Google map, find Aegean and check how many of popular ones are closer to Turkey`s shores and how many of them to Athens. I don't see any reason to argue about it. Most biggest and popular islands are closer to Turkey.
        Last edited by Onur; 06-01-2010, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Lesbos is very close to Turkey.
          I have been there.
          I did not see a single Lesbian ..... unless of course some people I thought were hairy overweight middle aged Greek men .... were in fact Lesbians.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Onur
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
            Also do you have Ashure?? Made from wheat and wallnuts.

C`moooonnn, are you kidding me? You know ashure too?

Ashure is probably the oldest dessert in the world. Afaik, its middle-eastern originated, either Persian or Jewish. Jews like it too. In mythical stories, it`s believed to be the first meal of Noah after they saved themselves of the flood. It`s very popular in Turkey too, maybe for 1000 years.
            Last edited by Onur; 06-01-2010, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

Onur, I grew up with it actually, its my father's specialty but i must say that not alot of Macedonians know about it but its slowly getting through. It came from my grand parents and its very popular in some families in the Skopje,Tetovo,Gostivar and Kumanovo region. In Ramstore you can buy it but its much better if its made properly and its got alot of vitamins too.
              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Prolet
                • Sep 2009

Spartan, This is the stupid thing here, i have friends who live in Germany and they go to Holland to rent DVD's from a video shop. Why is it a shame if Greeks go to Turkey or Macedonia to do shopping or whatever? We have whole tours and buses set up, just so they can go to Solun for the weekend, do their shopping and come back it makes no difference everybody is doing it in Europe.

Instead of living in the dark ages, we all want to see open borders and people to have a freedom of movement not be locked up like animals.

Comment

• Spartan
                  • Sep 2008

It was my personal observation.
                  My sincerest apologies; I guess I misunderstood this -

Strangely, the above quote is missing from you original post
                  Luckily i quoted it in my previous post
                  And what are you trying to tell me?
                  Nothing!!
                  Thats what I was asking you after reading what you edited out of your initial post I responded too
                  "High demand to visit"??? LOL, then why Greek island governors was crying to Papandreu to allow Turkish citizens to come to the islands without visa???
                  I was talking about the last 2 decades in general...not the last 2 months
                  If its not expensive, whatta hell you were doing in Bodrum???
                  Where did I say Greece wasnt expensive???
                  I said it isnt expensive to travel to the islands once you are in greece!
                  I was in Kos, and went to Bodrum for 4 hours as a youth.....filthy town/city from what i remember.
                  About the distance of the islands. Go to Google map, find Aegean and check how many of popular ones are closer to Turkey`s shores and how many of them to Athens.
                  Onur, Ive seen a map, and Iknow many of |greeces Islands are closer to Turkey. However, you made it out as these islands arer 'far' from mainland greece...which is clearly wrong...the distances are short by air or sea.
                  I don't see any reason to argue about it. Most biggest and popular islands are closer to Turkey.
                  Some... yes, of course i dont disagree
                  Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                  Spartan, This is the stupid thing here, i have friends who live in Germany and they go to Holland to rent DVD's from a video shop. Why is it a shame if Greeks go to Turkey or Macedonia to do shopping or whatever?
                  Prolet, where did I imply that shopping in a neighbouring country is a "shame'? I dont think so

Comment

• Onur
                    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                    I was in Kos, and went to Bodrum for 4 hours as a youth.....filthy town/city from what i remember.

Spartan, you make me laugh again

Did i smell typical negativity and jealousy of a Greek???

Comment

• Stojacanec
                      • Dec 2009

Your right Prolet. I am from the South of ROMacedonia. If we want to go to Skopje for the day and shop it is 160 km North from us. However Solun is (apparently) 70km South, though I haven't been there.

Really there is no logic is discussing the shopping habbits of people and trying to give it some political or macro-economic meaning behind it.

Comment

• Spartan
                        • Sep 2008

Spartan, you make me laugh again

Did i smell typical negativity and jealousy of a Greek???
                        After reading my entire reply to you, thats what you chose to comment on?

Weak

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
                          • Sep 2008

´Rally snuffed out as Moody's slashes Greece

June 15, 2010, 10:50 am

By Simon Falush LONDON (Reuters) - A recovery in stocks and the euro fizzled out on Tuesday after Moody's downgraded Greece to junk status, reigniting anxiety about Europe's debt crisis and causing a slight retreat from riskier assets. Moody's slashed Greece's rating by four notches, citing "macroeconomic and implementation risks" in the country's draconian austerity programme and reviving persistent doubts about Greece's ability to repay its debt. European shares slid following falls across Asia, shifting the investor focus back to the fragility of the euro zone's finances. This pushed world stocks, which had gained for five straight sessions, 0.4 percent lower on Tuesday. MSCI's main emerging market stock index, which is up around 9 percent since hitting a year low on May 25, fell 0.3 percent. Moody's downgrade was expected as the agency caught up with main rival Standard & Poor's, which recently slashed Greece to BB-plus, but the move gave investors a reason to retreat to a more defensive stance, and sell the euro and higher yielding currencies. The euro fell 0.2 percent against the dollar to $1.2190. The single currency saw gains of over 2 percent over the last five sessions, but is still down almost 15 percent year to date. "Yesterday we had concerns about Spain and on top of that the Greece downgrade and that is weighing on the euro now," said Johan Javeus, currency strategist at SEB in Stockholm. "The Greece downgrade highlighted that these problems are quite severe and it is difficult to see the liquidity problems in Spain improving and I think the euro will struggle going forward". SPANISH FREEZE Worries about the situation in Spain increased after Treasury Secretary Carlos Ocana admitted officially for the first time on Monday that some Spanish banks were facing a liquidity freeze in the interbank market. The higher yielding Australian and New Zealand dollars lost 0.5 and 0.4 percent respectively. Minutes for the Reserve Bank of Australia's June policy meeting showed members had thought previous rate rises gave it time to see if Europe's troubles would hurt world growth, and to wait for more information on domestic inflation. The yen, seen as a relatively safe bet when riskier assets retreat, gained ground. The dollar was down 0.4 percent at 91.22 yen. Bunds also gained ground as investors sought refuge in debt perceived to be safer, while peripheral euro zone bond yield spreads widened. The spread between Greek and German 10-year government bond yields rose to 641 basis points, 49 basis points higher than at the previous sessions close, while the spread between Irish and German government yields rose 18 basis points to 294. Investors will closely watch the outcome of Irish bond auctions on Tuesday for the first clues on the state of demand for longer-term euro zone debt in the wake of the Moody's downgrade. Expected strong demand for two bonds may be tempered by having to pay higher yields than in recent auctions. European shares which had seen four days of gains were lower in early trade with the FTSEurofirst 300 down 0.4 percent, with more cyclical sectors like banks hit hardest. "Greece is weighing on the market. It obviously impacted the U.S. overnight so we expected the European markets to follow," said Adam Soyak, market maker at City Index. "There is also a bit of profit taking after a couple days of strong gains." Miners and energy stocks were also weaker as base metals like copper fell over 1 percent and crude fell below $75 per barrel.
                          1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
                          2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• fyrOM
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2010

It gets better and better DimkoPiperkata but the same answer allways applies not enough. They need to completely collaps and drag the eu down with them.

Comment

• fyrOM
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2010

Greece under the scrutiny of experts from 22 EU and IMF

ATHENS, June 15 (DPA) - Representatives from the EU, IMF and European Central Bank yesterday launched the revision of the Greek finance and reform, to determine whether the troubled country meet set economic goals.
                              The team of 22 foreign representatives will spend a week and will visit the Ministry of Finance, Health and Labour, and will meet with the Governor of the Bank Of George Provopulos meal.
                              Experts will check whether a series of factors, such as debts of hospitals, funding for social insurance funds or neuramnotezhenite budgets of public services, can lead to a situation in Greece did not save the required funds.
                              Greece is trying to improve public finances and to meet fiscal targets, agreed with the IMF and the partners of the euro area to replace the package with immediate financial assistance of 110 billion euros (134 billion dollars) to repay its debt.
                              The aim of Greece is to reduce the budget deficit by 5.5 percent this year, and by 2014 to bring in the EU permitted level of three percent.

Comment

• fyrOM
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2010

Its hard to say how good or bad their situation realy is. Some report pait a dark picture with junk bond status while this report does not sound that bad if thay can work it out in 4 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X