X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Who's a good Macedonian?

Being an ethnic Macedonian doesn't necessarily make you a good Macedonian. Some of the best defenders of Macedonian liberty have been those that live(d) among us but were never accepted as one of us.

As Rasela Mizrahi becomes a hero to some on the right, others on the left unleash the biggest post-Holocaust torrent of hatred ever seen by the country's Jewish community of 200
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

She's a good Macedonian.
    I wish more Macedonians were good Macedonians.
    I wish more Albanians were good Macedonians also.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
      Being an ethnic Macedonian doesn't necessarily make you a good Macedonian. Some of the best defenders of Macedonian liberty have been those that live(d) among us but were never accepted as one of us.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/north-...-antisemitism/
      By "one of us" do you mean ethnically, nationally or something else?
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
        By "one of us" do you mean ethnically, nationally or something else?
        Its hard to say. Pitu Guli wasn't an ethnic Macedonian nor did he have Macedonian citizenship (cause there was no such thing back then) but he's still accepted as 'one of us'. Maybe its something else.
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

I read the article about the Jewish woman a couple of weeks ago. She was born and raised there. She lives in Macedonia. She strives for it's betterment and sovereignty. She is Macedonian.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            I read the article about the Jewish woman a couple of weeks ago. She was born and raised there. She lives in Macedonia. She strives for it's betterment and sovereignty. She is Macedonian.
            Her husband and mother appear to be of Macedonian heritage. Her family has been in Macedonia for generations and she has a Macedonian national identity. She is a better Macedonian than Zaev.
            Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
            Its hard to say. Pitu Guli wasn't an ethnic Macedonian nor did he have Macedonian citizenship (cause there was no such thing back then) but he's still accepted as 'one of us'. Maybe its something else.
            I think it is the broader, national identity, as opposed to the more narrow, ethnic identity. Pitu Guli fought and died with a group that used 'Macedonia for the Macedonians' as its motto and sought the liberation of Macedonia as an autonomous or independent state. Such actions indicate that he espoused a Macedonian national identity and that is why he is accepted as one of us despite having a different ethnic background. In the article, the SDS activists seem more interested in attacking Mizrahi's Jewish heritage rather than contesting her Macedonian identity. Which other defenders of Macedonian liberty do you believe weren't accepted as one of us?
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
            X