Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > Exposing Lies and Propaganda

Old 03-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #11
Epirot

Epirot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by momce View Post
Theyre about as dumb as ROM students thinking they are ancient Macedonians, or Albanians thinking they are Illyrians.
The question is not what the students think about as their opinion is irrelevant as ever. What matters the most is the the general opinion among scholars whether the Albanians are Illyrians or not.

Quote:
Most historians agree that the Albanian people are partly descended from the ancient Illyrians. The name “Albania” is derived from the name of an Illyrian tribe, Arber (or Arbereshe, later Albanoi), who were located near Durres.

The Oxford Encyclopedia of Ancient Greece and Rome, Volume 1, edit. Michael Gagarin, Elaine Fantham, 2009, p.54
Tell me a good reason why students should think otherwise?

Last edited by Epirot; 03-18-2013 at 06:34 AM.
Epirot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:03 AM   #12
Epirot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagon View Post
You are an UCK apologist and supporter and that makes you an anti-Macedonian propagandist from where I stand.

Secondly, I stand by what I said and I think this topic is useless spam and the requirement to understand Greek confirms that point even more so.
Impressive! You have less than 60 posts, yet you label me UCK apologist without reading not a single post of mine. I rather tend to ignore some individuals like you who did offer nothing of substance. It's not fault of yours at all as your knowledge on history is little as your Greek colleagues. I bet if you were on that amphitheater you would hide under desk had Papagiannis addressed that question to you. The fact is that you knew nothing of Marathon, without consulting Wiki. hahahah
Old 03-18-2013, 06:43 AM   #13
Epirot

Quote:
Originally Posted by makedonche View Post
Pelagon
Absolutely correct, if the mods can remove this thread it would be appreciated!
Do whatever you want but you're going absolutely nowhere if you're asking mods to remove a thread without a good reason. I rather think that some of members who dissented the content of article, at the very moment of reading felt somehow embarrassed. I'm sure that most of you knew nothing about the Battle of Marathon, as Papagiannis asked.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #14
EricTheRed

EricTheRed is on a distinguished road

Epirot, I guess you know a lot of things about the greek educational course during elementary/high school/university. Because if you dont, then your statement about being sure that almost all in this forum and greece know basic things like the battle of Marathon from wikipedia ALONE is simply unreasonable.

Anyways, before criticizing our worthless educational programs, stop and think for a second. What's a proud Albanian girl(her behavior shows that) doing in our worthless universities in our crap-sack country? Why doesnt she just go back to her home, Albania, and attend the magnificent educational institutes of Tirana? Lastly, why is her behavior imitated by hundreds of thousands young Albanians in Greece? Especially keeping the economic crisis in mind.

Before bashing the Greek educational system, make sure that it's Albanian equivalent becomes at least comparable with it.
EricTheRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:45 PM   #15
momce
Banned

momce is on a distinguished road

But Epirot whats the point of your post its almost like nasty gossip. Students are uneducated almost everywhere.
momce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #16
momce
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epirot View Post
The question is not what the students think about as their opinion is irrelevant as ever. What matters the most is the the general opinion among scholars whether the Albanians are Illyrians or not.

Tell me a good reason why students should think otherwise?
Because Albanian fully appears much later in history, like modern Macedonian slavic. So the connection with antiquity is at best teneous and cannot seriously be used to guide modern politics. By the way I have a question: does anyone know why Macedonian slavonic dialects are so geographically dispersed and why similar ones are spoken in totally different areas many of them non-contiguous with eachother? What could be the possible substrate of them? Why is something similar to the Kostur dialect spoken in Albania for example etc? Maybe Ill throw out a suggestion that will probably be frowned upon: perhaps we're not all the same people?

Last edited by momce; 03-18-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #17
Bill77

Bill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud ofBill77 has much to be proud of

Momce........language=Race/Ethnicity.
Am I reading your post and what you are suggesting correctly?
Old 03-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #18
Eden

Eden is on a distinguished road

Explain a little more, americans and brits have not the same dialects but they are the same people. I don't get your point here, really.
Eden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #19
Pelagon

Pelagon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by momce View Post
"....appears much later in history, like modern Macedonian slavic. So the connection with antiquity is at best teneous and cannot seriously be used to guide modern politics. By the way I have a question: does anyone know why Macedonian slavonic dialects..."
I doubt that you are Macedonian and most likely you are sly anti-Macedonian (probably a Bulgar or Bulgaroman, IMHO!). This is really a job for the Mods to look into.

WTF is "Macedonian slavonic dialects"? What other Macedonian dialects are there besides MACEDONIAN? Why would a Macedonian call Macedonian dialects with an anti-Macedonian designation used by our enemies?

WTF is this supposed to mean "....appears much later in history, like modern Macedonian slavic. So the connection with antiquity is at best teneous"? That Macedonians have no connection to Macedonian antiquity? What is "Macedonian slavic" and why use such anti-Macedonian terminology? There is NO language called "Slavic" and thus NOBODY SPEAKS "Slavic" anything and Macedonian speak Macedonian and have Macedonian dialects.
Pelagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #20
momce
Banned

No just that maybe what differentiates them and from Slavic occurs outside the Balkans or from paleo-Balkan. Iranian? Just primitive research thats all.

Last edited by momce; 03-18-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Tags
Μαραθώνα., Παπαγιάννης