X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Fustanella and greek propaganda

The historic link to the fustanella involves an ancient statue found in the area around the acropolis in Athens dated from the third century BC. Nevertheless, no ancient Greek garments have survived to confirm that the origins of the fustanella are indeed in the pleated garments or chitons that were worn by men in Pericles' Athens.

Fabricating Greekness, by Michael Skafidas.

Interesting. Todays grk says otherwise Mr. Skafidas.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • Niko777
    • Oct 2010

TM have you read the section on the fustanella and Macedonian national dress in "The Macedonians: Their Past and Present" by E. Damianopoulos? Also interesting

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
      TM have you read the section on the fustanella and Macedonian national dress in "The Macedonians: Their Past and Present" by E. Damianopoulos? Also interesting
      I don't own his book Niko but I do plan on making a purchase in the near future. Can you elaborate on his comments?
      Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Niko777
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
        I don't own his book Niko but I do plan on making a purchase in the near future. Can you elaborate on his comments?
        Even better, I'll give you an actual preview (pg 117)

This was the wall painting he was referring to:

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

For what it's worth the word fustanella is a turkish word & i don't think its greek.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
          X