Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tomche Makedonche
    • Oct 2011

Top Irish soloist, probably preferred his collaboration with Lynott in Parisienne Walkways more, either way Thin Lizzy has definitely seen some quality players come and go. But I just had to paste this clip for the quality of the music video alone (they sure don't make them like this anymore hehe)

Gary Moore & Phil Lynott- Out in the Fields - YouTube
    Last edited by Tomche Makedonche; 06-12-2012, 11:20 AM.
    “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
      • Oct 2011

One of my all time favourite albums, Strats in harmony, and what can you say about Harris other than watch those fingers go...

Iron maiden - Running Free Live in Top of the pops - YouTube
      Last edited by Tomche Makedonche; 06-12-2012, 11:22 AM.
      “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• DraganOfStip
        • Aug 2011

One of the best finger-twisting solos I've ever heard.(Not really a heavy metal fan,but the speed of the solo is simply fascinating) 3:02 - 3:23.AWESOME!

Fight Fire with Fire - Metallica - YouTube
        ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
        ― George Orwell

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Smashing Pumpkins doing JD's 'Transmission'...

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
            • Oct 2011

Riste
            Free – Wow, awesome find with this clip, I reckon that bass line would have even got Kimi Raikkonen grooving, understand where you're coming from with the underappreciated perspective, especially since they pretty much got every drummer to include the addition of a cowbell to their kit.

Speaking of “Mr Big”, (now there's a perfect lead in if ever I saw one) here’s another guy I think deserves his own spotlight, Paul Gilbert, initially caught my eye with his work in Racer X, probably more known for his role in the band Mr Big, but a top guitarist either way (having a pinky the length of a baby's forearm doesn't hurt either), here’s a clip of some recent work with Racer X

Paul Gilbert - Technical Difficulties + Tabs - YouTube

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
              • Oct 2011

Lynch, another influential 80’s shredder…

Dokken - Mr Scary, Live Recording - YouTube

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                • Oct 2011

Riste
                Radiohead – I think Amnesiac is the album that sticks with me the most, they sort of remind me of Floyd’s Dark side for some reason, but I got to say that I dig the vibe from this song off Hail to the Thief, even though the topic is comical…

Radiohead - A punchup at a wedding (no no no no no) - YouTube

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                  • Oct 2011

Another one of those greatest riffs of all time, I don’t think MXR could have envisaged how a simple chord progression could create so much demand for a phaser pedal… (by the way I'm a Roth man)

Van Halen - Unchained (HD) - YouTube

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                    • Oct 2011

I think this guy did for Digitech and their Whammy pedal, the same as what Eddie did for MXR and their Phaser, Whether you like the hip hop aspect or not, they definitely can hold a groove…

Rage Against The Machine - Guerrilla Radio (The Battle Of Dusseldorf 2000) - YouTube

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                      • Oct 2011

Dragan
                      Zdravo Dragan, for someone who's not a fan of Metal, you sure made a hell of a pick from Metallica's catalogue . Hammet's best work was definitely from the mid 80's , Fade to Black, Disposable Hero's and Damage Inc are some of his stand outs for me, but honestly the last quality solo that I reckon he produced was Unforgiven and that was over 20 years ago now, these days it's just sloppy playing with no direction which he tries to cover with a whah most of the time, it's a shame really... but I've always digged that harmony section you pointed out (which I think was Hetfield's creation)

Phoenix
                      Didn't know you were into Krshenje Tikvi hehe, I think my favourite album is still Siamese Dream, as much as Melancholy offered, songs like Cherub Rock, Mayonnaise, and Disarm are still the standouts for me. As you can see from your clip, Corgan's also a Fender man like Riste, by the way have you gotten any closer to making a purchase? (thread has sort of taken another direction)

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                        I always loved Free and still think they are under appreciated.

Free - Mr Big - YouTube

Listen to Kossof on the Les Paul through Marshall ... my goodness ... & Rodgers doing his thing on vocals. So many tried to copy his voice in the 80's.

The bass lines, wow ... the fist time I ever noticed the bass guitar was when listening to Free!
                        RTG
                        I finally got a chance to play the clip........awesome!
                        My information is that kossof is Macedonian - coming form a well known local Macedonian vocalist form "The Nazz" who actually knew him! And Paul Rodgers.....best ever pop/rock vocalist, and still kranking it at his age!
                        Phoenix - sorry to contribute to the railroading of the thread...just call me Brian
                        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

I thought Kossof was a Russian Jew????

Don't worry makedonche, I think the thread is taking a good road...

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Tomce Makedonce
                            Dragan
                            Zdravo Dragan, for someone who's not a fan of Metal, you sure made a hell of a pick from Metallica's catalogue . Hammet's best work was definitely from the mid 80's , Fade to Black, Disposable Hero's and Damage Inc are some of his stand outs for me, but honestly the last quality solo that I reckon he produced was Unforgiven and that was over 20 years ago now, these days it's just sloppy playing with no direction which he tries to cover with a whah most of the time, it's a shame really... but I've always digged that harmony section you pointed out (which I think was Hetfield's creation)
                            That particular section of the solo gives me the creeps along my spine every time I hear it.I've listened to many covers on Youtube but none really gives the same sound.Incredible stuff.Well,from heavy metal I enjoy Metallica (their earlier work,somewhere till Reload I think,the newer albums with the new latino bass guitarist make me puke) and I'm especially into Iron Maiden's work,their sounds are unique in metal (even though their latest 2-3 albums really suck).Other than that I'm more of a hard rock/blues guy myself.In my opinion,The Doors are arguably THE best rock band ever (with all due respect to Depeche Mode,Deep Purple,Led Zeppelin,Pink Floyd etc. which are AWESOME as well).Anyway,here's another example of a great riff,courtesy of Saxon (0:23-0:34and repeating throughout the lyrics) :

Saxon - Conquistador - YouTube
                            Last edited by DraganOfStip; 06-13-2012, 07:11 PM.
                            ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                            ― George Orwell

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

I keep smiling whenever I read this thread.
                              I've been meaning to comment on your music posts Tomche, Dragan & Phoenix and will in due course. Clearly we are victims of Western imperialism or umm music. I will be away on business over the next week but I hope all MTO'ers can keep giving insights into their guitar oriented musical preferences.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                                RTG
                                I finally got a chance to play the clip........awesome!
                                My information is that kossof is Macedonian - coming form a well known local Macedonian vocalist form "The Nazz" who actually knew him
                                I think our dear vocalist hailing from the great Kotori may have been on mind altering drugs when he met Kossof. His ancestry wasn't Macedonian when I read up about him ... I dearly hoped it was!
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X