Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thorvald
    • Jan 2009

What do you people think about christian Albanians?

Do you support them, are do you see them as brethren of muslem Albanians?
    https://germanictribes.proboards.com/
    European preservation

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

There is little affinity shared with Macedonians as their numbers are little in our region, Mother Theresa was a rarity. The area which connects Albania and Montenegro is where the Catholic contingent is numerous, and they probably share some cultural links with the Slavic tribes of southern Montenegro. There is also the Orthodox group in the very south of Albania who are under the influence of Greece to varying degrees.

'Albanianism' transcends religion as their former dictators have indicated, or so they would like to say, so they see each other as brethren regardless of their religious differences. This is a good thing for them, in Macedonia we have Muslims who only speak our language and have our culture, I see these people as nothing less than Macedonian, I know why things are the way they are, but I don't dislike them for historical circumstances which in most cases could not be avoided.

I have only met a few Christian Albanians, one of them is from the Epirus area and sill pretends he is a 'Greek' when it suits him but when in the company of Albanians embraces them like brothers, and another was a very nice lady that was born and grew up in Macedonia, but she didn't pretend to be something she is not, she knew she was an Albanian from Macedonia but loved Macedonia and her upbringing in that country.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Sarafot
        • Dec 2008

I have heraed that thouse WAHABi coks want to create a country with 100% muslim population on Balkans,which will take part of Bosnia,Sanđak and Kosovo?!

Abaut Albanians,there are Tosks and Gegs,the first one are one and original Albanians,mostly christians in Albania,the second one are what Serbs and Turks will say ARNAUTS,the one who never commed back,from turkish translation.It is persumed that they commed with turks from asia minor,simmilar like juruks.They settled in north east Albania and Kosovo polje,along the time they accepted Albanian language...they also called them self SHIPTARI or SHOKS!
        Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
        - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Coolski
          • Sep 2008

Wahabiists are also infiltrating muslim ethnic Macedonian communities. Labuništa comes to mind:

- Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
          - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Kosovo, any stars on your flag for these people?

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

More than 2,000 Roma (Gypsies) who fled Kosovo during the conflict in the 1990s still live in Konik refugee camp near Podgorica, the capital of Montenegro.

The sprawling slum of tents and shacks is built near the largest rubbish dump in Montenegro.

The mayor of Podgorica recently said the refugees should go back to where they came from.

Save the Children is working to integrate the Roma, but few stay long in the local school.

As the UN marks World Refugee Day, Save the Children's Phoebe Greenwood meets two men who describe appalling living conditions at the largest refugee camp in the Balkans.

VESEB BERISA, AGED 37

My family and I have nothing to eat, nothing to wear, nowhere to take a proper shower. We have been living like this for 10 years.

I work all day every day scouring the rubbish tips for metal to sell and maybe, if I'm lucky, earn 200 euros (Ł170) a month to feed my family. We cope because we have to.

I had a job in Kosovo. I ran my own business buying and selling fruit and vegetables. I would like to do that here in Montenegro but I can't. I don't have any resources. I've no money to get started.

The worst thing about the camp is that it's dirty. The hygiene here is terrible. It causes so many health problems. Everything we have is dirty. Nothing can stay clean here. It causes so many health problems.

A lot of people are sick in the camp for lots of different reasons, most often in their lungs because the air here is so foul. Lots of others have problems with their hearts and blood pressure. But in 10 years of living here, I've only seen the UN help one boy who was sick.

It's too hot here, over 40C in the summer and there isn't enough water. Water comes into the washing area near the toilets but the water pressure is so low, there isn't enough for all of us.

Some of the kids here go to the local school. They were given books there but they have no clothes and most of the time they are hungry, so how are they meant to think about learning?

I would leave now if I could, but where would I go? I would like to have a proper house, if only to know that I have my own home, a roof over my head. I want to leave a house for my children as my father left a house for me.

I have five children and I'm worried about their future. My heart aches for them. I was sitting here half-an-hour ago, I heard music coming from somewhere and I imagined my family dancing. But I can only imagine that now. I know I won't see it - it's not possible any more.

We are in a critical state. It's too much. No-one helps us anymore. No-one comes to see how we are or how we live.

We want to live as other normal people live do. We are the same as the other refugees, the Bosnians and Croats who came to this country during the war. But the refugees from Bosnia have been given houses, all around this camp. Why do they have different conditions to us? Why do we have to live like this?

We are people too. We are humans. We need help from the UN, from the Albanians and Serbs who put us in this situation. What do they think in America, in the UK? They are also responsible for the conditions we live in. They have done nothing to help us.

HAMZA PAJEZITAJ, AGED 21

I run a business in the camp, cleaning people's cars and carpets. I started it two years ago. I won a competition at the local Catholic Church with my business plan and they gave me 500 euros to get started.

Sometimes taxi drivers come from the town to get their cars cleaned because I charge three euros and it's five euros in town. I'm pretty affordable.

I was 10 when we left Kosovo. I remember arriving at the camp and thinking it was just too full of people. There were more than 10,000 people here then and it's still crowded now.

The people who live around us here are really aggressive. It's discrimination. I don't have as many problems as most people in the camps because I've met people from town through my business. I'm accepted in a way. But most of the others who live here feel too afraid to go out.

It's not so much the local people who fight with us as the local Roma who have lived here for years. They consider us, refugees, to be a lower status than them.

It's difficult for us to start any kind of life here because we can't earn money. We're not allowed to sell on the streets so most people survive by eating food from garbage cans.

The conditions in the camp are bad. It's dirty everywhere and there aren't enough toilets. The biggest problem people have is to heat enough water to wash themselves and their things.

The air stinks of the piles of rubbish we live in. The garbage depot is just next door. It's the main depot in Montenegro and takes the rubbish for the whole of Podgorica. They burn rubbish there almost every day and the smoke comes over into the camp. People have a lot of lung problems here.

Conditions are getting worse because people's homes are falling apart. They were only ever meant to be temporary and we've been living in these huts and tents for 11 years.

The mayor of Podgorica said he wants us to go back to Kosovo but it's just not possible. Our houses were burned and our lives there were destroyed.

Those who are lucky go abroad, to Europe. Others just have to keep their heads down and survive. I can't go back to Kosovo now. I have nothing there. This is my home now.
            I am still dumbfounded that the world's powers made this ridiculous quasi-nation happen.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• King Makedon
              • Apr 2009

That's not everything.

they are even allowed to do things we are not allowed to do.
              like ethnic cleansing an no one cares.

It's everything about money we don't have to bribe those m.f.
              ]
              The world belongs to Macedonia. Macedonia does not belong to the world, especially not to Macedonia's neighbouring countries.
              [/SIZE]

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Terrible story. Unfortunately, the Balkans is no place for sympathy, we as Macedonians are all too known to this.

It's not so much the local people who fight with us as the local Roma who have lived here for years. They consider us, refugees, to be a lower status than them.
                This here is one of the bigger reasons for their downfall in my opinion. Then again, I recall a certain discussion I had with an Albanian refugee from Kosovo that warmed to me very quickly as soon as he found out I was Macedonian. He seemed to be under the impression that Macedonians were his friends, as they gave him shelter, food, clothing, aid, etc when he evacuated his home under duress during the war. What was most interesting, he claimed to have went to Albania (naturally) first for refuge, but WAS TURNED BACK by his own kind, which is when they re-routed to the Macedonian border, where they were accepted as refugees. I left the conversation at that.

And the 2000-2001 terrorist attacks by Albanian animals which sparked the civil war, is how they thanked us and repaid our leniency.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Jankovska
                  • Sep 2008

This shouldn't be shocking, our children who lost their homes in 2001 still live like this. I've seen it and it breaks my heart, do not wish it upon everyone. But the man resonsable for it all is still in the parlament. Justice? the Macedonian people do not understand the meaning of the word

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Onur, what is the status of the Turkish minority in Kosovo? I think I can recall Turks celebrating and people holding up Turkish flags when that narco-state was created into an independent entity.

Comment

• Mastika
                      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Coolski View Post
                      Wahabiists are also infiltrating muslim ethnic Macedonian communities. Labuništa comes to mind:

http://www.balkanalysis.com/2007/02/...lage-exorcism/
                      It is common practise for muslim girls in Labunista to leave school after osnovno uciliste/Year 8 to prepare themselves for marriage. Sad to think that this is still happening in Europe in the 21st century.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Has that always been the case, or is it a result of radicalisation in the region by external (non-Macedonian) elements?

Comment

• osiris
                          • Sep 2008

thorveld the christian greeks formed a little nation called hellas and are now glorious philosophers artist and scientists.

i think the major difference was not religious but tribal between the ghegs and tosks.

Comment

• Onur
                            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                            Onur, what is the status of the Turkish minority in Kosovo? I think I can recall Turks celebrating and people holding up Turkish flags when that narco-state was created into an independent entity.

They were under pressure by Albanian assimilation policies for a long time and most of them had to migrate to Turkey or accept Albanian identity. I don't believe current ethnicity statistics for Kosovo either. I think most Turkish people declare that they are Albanians because of pressure upon them.

After the war, we got Turkish army squad there and they are building schools, kindergartens and helping to the people. Local people loves them too. They are trying to fix the situation.

Comment

• Mastika
                              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                              Has that always been the case, or is it a result of radicalisation in the region by external (non-Macedonian) elements?
                              Before the 1960s and 1970s it was definately the case, even in Christian villages many women in the 1960s were encouraged to leave school and help out the family etc, with the goal of marrying early. During the 1970s and 1980s this freed up a bit, a similar trend was happening across the entire Islamic world. Since the fall of Communism extremist Islamic elements have reasserted themselves across all of Macedonia, Labunista happens to be a hot-spot. The sad thing is that although the inhabitants of Labunista have more incommon with their Macedonian neighbours, many have cast their lot in with the Albanians and Islamists.

Comment

• Prolet
                                • Sep 2009

Serbia next in line for mistreatment by the EU

The EU just doesnt give up, what a disgrace they are

Friday, 28 May 2010

Even though numerous EU members have said they will never recognize Kosovo, EU insists that Serbia do it otherwhise...

Serbia can't join the EU unless it recognizes Kosovo and achieves cooperation with authorities in Pristina, says the European Parliament rapporteur for Kosovo.

- My main goal is integration into the EU of all citizens of the Western Balkans, whether they are Serbs, Albanians or any other ethnicity, Ulrike Lunacek told daily Danas.

- In order to achieve the goal, endless questioning of (Kosovo's) independence is not helpful by any means. I don't see that the wish of the Serbian government to reintegrate Kosovo is realistic, Lunacek was further quoted as saying.

Kosovo’s independence is today de facto reality and that's why, in my opinion, there's no sense of turning back and discuss the reality over and over again. Instead we should look forward, the EP special rapporteur stated.

When asked whether it would be possible for Serbia to join the EU without recognizing Kosovo, the EP rapporteur replied: 'from my point of view – no, not by any means!'

- The EU should learn something from the stalemate position in Cyprus. There's no point of 'integrating' unresolved conflicts into the Union, she said, reminding that Serbia is not even a candidate for membership.

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

Working...
                                X