• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Israeli Parliamentarian acknowledges Macedonian heritage

МАКЕДОНСКАТА ПАРЛАМЕНТАРНА ДЕЛЕГАЦИЈА ВООДУШЕВЕНА ОД ПРИЕМОТ ВО ИЗРАЕЛ

Добредојде за потомците на Александар Македонски

Претседателот на израелскиот Кнесет во добредојдето за спикерот Трај*ко Вељаноски рекол дека тој е првиот Македонец што се потпишува во книгата за впечатоци, но не е првиот Македонец што го посетил Израел, оти тоа бил Александар Македонски

Из*ра*ел ги признава античките корени на Македонија. Претседателот на из*ра*ел*ски*от Кнесет Реувен Ривлин вакво признание му даде на спикерот Трај*ко Вељаноски, кој минатата недела предводеше парламентарна де*ле*га*ци*ја во тридневна посета во Израел.
    Пр*ви*от човек на израелскиот Парламент Ривлин, кој важи за многу по*чи*ту*ван политичар во еврејската држава, во моментот додека спикерот Ве*ља*но*ски се потпишувал во книгата за впечатоци, не штедел комплименти за него и за Македонија. "Прет*се*да*те*ле, вие сте првиот Македонец што се потпишувате во книгата за впечатоци, но не сте првиот Македонец што дошол во Израел. Тоа бил Александар Македонски", рекол Ривлин. Ваквиот коментар на Ривлин при*јат*но го изненадил и воодушевил спикерот Вељаноски, но и членовите на македонската делегација.
    Спи*ке*рот Ривлин, кој потекнува од едно од најстарите еврејски семејства, бил мно*гу пријателски расположен кон гостите од Ма*ке*до*ни*ја. Додека делегацијата присуствувала на седница на Кнесетот, тој не ште*дел пофални зборови за гостите и цело време Македонија ја на*ре*ку*вал со уставното име, иако Израел нe има признато под референцијата ФИ*РОМ.
    За топлиот прием во Израел сведочат и членови на македонската де*ле*га*ци*ја, кои не можеа да најдат зборови за да го опишат израелското гос*топ*рим*ство. "Просто сме воодушевени", вели пратеник и член на ма*ке*дон*ска*та делегација.
    Ка*ко што е познато, за време на тридневниот престој минатата недела, ма*ке*дон*ска*та делегација беше примена од највисокиот државен врв на из*ра*ел*ска*та држава претседателот Шимон Перес, спикерот на Кнесетот Ре*у*вен Ривлин и шефот на дипломатијата Авигдор Либерман.
    На сите средби, кои биле проследени со сите државнички почести, Из*ра*ел*ци*те ги истакнале блиските историски односи со Македонија. Висока де*ле*га*ци*ја на Израел се очекува да дојде во Македонија на пуштањето на Ме*мо*ри*јал*ни*от центар на холокаустот во Скопје, што е планирано за март 2011 го*ди*на.

Н.Селмани
    Here is the google translate version in English:

Macedonian parliamentary delegation delighted with the reception in Israel

Welcome to the descendants of Alexander the Macedonian

President welcomed the Israeli Knesset speaker Veljanoski say that he is the first Macedonians are signs in the book of impressions, but it is the first Macedonians to visit Israel, because it was Alexander of Macedon

Israel acknowledges the roots of ancient Macedonia. President of the Israeli Knesset Reuven Rivlin has given such recognition Speaker Veljanoski, who last week led a parliamentary delegation to the three-day visit to Israel.
    The first man of the Israeli Parliament Rivlin, who is a very respected politician in the Jewish state at the moment while Speaker Veljanoski signed the book of impressions, spared no praise for him and for Macedonia. "Mr. President, you are the first Macedonian to sign the book of impressions, but you are not the first Macedonian who came to Israel. It was Alexander of Macedon," said Rivlin. This comment Rivlin pleasantly surprised and delighted Veljanoski speaker, and members of the Macedonian delegation.
    Speaker Rivlin, who comes from one of the oldest Jewish families, was very friendly to guests from Macedonia. While the delegation attended a session of the Knesset, he spared no praise for the guests and all the time called Macedonia by its constitutional name, even though Israel has recognized us under the reference FYROM.
    The warm reception in Israel testify and members of the Macedonian delegation, who could not find words to describe the Israeli hospitality. "We are simply thrilled," said MP and member of the Macedonian delegation.
    As is known, during the three-day stay last week, the Macedonian delegation was received by top officials of the highest state of Israel President Shimon Peres, Knesset Speaker Reuven Rivlin and Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman.
    At all meetings, which were accompanied with full state honors, the Israelis stressed the close historical relations with Macedonia. High delegation to Israel is expected to come here on the release of the Holocaust Memorial Center in Skopje, which is planned for March 2011.

N. Selmani
    Good and appropriate gesture by the Israelis.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

That is the right way to do things.
    I suspect the military cooperation was an useful pre-cursor to this visit.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
      • Sep 2008

i think the reason is the new holocaust building in skopje
      but anyhow this statement is a big fat hit in greeces face and a big sign for the rest of the western world.

thanks israel.
      1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
      2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Prolet
        • Sep 2009

Dimko, It was Filip II i think lol

Its not only the Holocaust, it was done by the good will of our people. That whole neighborhood was given back to the Jewish Community (Evrejsko Maalo) from the denationalization that went on and there were Jews that got their houses back which belonged to them. Macedonia was one of the few countries along with Turkey and Serbia who housed and protected the Jews in World War 2, our first football coach was a Hungarian Jew who's life was saved by our people when he was put on a train to the Treblinka death camp only for the Club President to intervene and save his life. There will be a movie about it in the near future which will be directed by Darko Mitrevski.

Just so you know, the Holocaust Memorial will be done in three phases. The first phase will open in March this year, which was the anniversary when the Jews in Macedonia were sent to Treblinka. The second phase will be in 2012 and Third phase will be completed in 2013, in the end it will have a museum,library and i think an area which will be used as an art gallery.
        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

Stock prices on Cleenex will sky rocket in Greece now. So would Toilet Paper

Seriously, this is fantstic news SOM. Its made my day and thanks.
          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• makedonche
            • Oct 2008

This is very good indeed, if I was Veljanovski I would have respectfully requested the scaling down of official ceremonies in return for referring to Macedonia as "Macedonia".
            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Serdarot
              • Feb 2010

Shalom to I´sra-el
              Bratot:
              Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• fyrOM
                Banned
                • Feb 2010

Even though the treaty of 1913 has been superseded and no 2013 return exists as such I secretly suspect Greece will get a dumping then in favour of recognition of RoM.

At least definitely a step in a positive direction…good on Israel for doing the right thing…they just need to do a little more right.

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                  • Sep 2010

Израел нe има признато под референцијата ФИ*РОМ.
                  I couldn't care what Israel does as long as they recognize us by that name.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

It's all very well but we need to be recognised by our proper name.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

So Israel is yet to recognise Macedonia by its official name?
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelister
                        • Sep 2008

I wanted to ask the same question. Does Israel recognize Macedonia? We can learn alot from them I think, particularly how the Israeli government has created a Corporation to buy and settle land, so as to ensure they hold onto it for ever. Its worth noting that it took the Israeli goverment 3 attempts before it was admitted to the U.N. We have a legal right to be admitted by our constitutional name, but the Macedonians stupidly won't exercise that right.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                          It's all very well but we need to be recognised by our proper name.
                          You are wrong George.S

Israel recognized us before the US did. I remember this very well because it was big news at the time, and many (including myself) predicted that the US would be next, which they were......

Btw, very nice and friendly words from Israel - thats the allies macedonia needs. At least with Israel they dont dance around the issue and go strait to the point, so you know what their stance is, unlike the many other pretenders we had as "allies" in the past

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

BBS, do you have a link referring to Israel's recognition of Macedonia?

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                              BBS, do you have a link referring to Israel's recognition of Macedonia?
                              Here you go mate:

Last edited by Big Bad Sven; 01-12-2011, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X