X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

Outrage over the two free xmas beers for our diggers in Afghanistan

Is the Australian Defense Force in a crisis? Making our diggers pay for their beers in Afghanistan what a disgrace, now they are going to give them two free beers while the fat cats are going to be drinking champagne all night long.

Defence backflip allows soldiers to get free beer on Christmas Day

UPDATE 2.35pm: DEFENCE has backflipped and will now provide two free beers on Christmas Day to our troops serving in Afghanistan.

The change of heart comes after the NT News revealed that our Diggers were expected to shell out $10 for their ration of two beers on Christmas Day.

Defence Minister Stephen Smith told a press conference in Perth this afternoon that Diggers in Afghanistan won't have to fork out for a beer on Christmas Day.

"We know tragically that we've seen 21 fatalities as far as Afghanistan is concerned, and we've had half of those in the course of this year,'' Mr Smith said.

"So because it's been a particularly difficult year and the special circumstances of that, I can announce that if local commanders in Afghanistan determine that they will make alcohol available to Defence Force personnel, that will be made available by Defence ... and it will be at no charge to the Defence personnel concerned.''

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.
  • Phoenix
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
    Is the Australian Defense Force in a crisis? Making our diggers pay for their beers in Afghanistan what a disgrace, now they are going to give them two free beers while the fat cats are going to be drinking champagne all night long.

Defence backflip allows soldiers to get free beer on Christmas Day

UPDATE 2.35pm: DEFENCE has backflipped and will now provide two free beers on Christmas Day to our troops serving in Afghanistan.

The change of heart comes after the NT News revealed that our Diggers were expected to shell out $10 for their ration of two beers on Christmas Day.

Defence Minister Stephen Smith told a press conference in Perth this afternoon that Diggers in Afghanistan won't have to fork out for a beer on Christmas Day.

"We know tragically that we've seen 21 fatalities as far as Afghanistan is concerned, and we've had half of those in the course of this year,'' Mr Smith said.

"So because it's been a particularly difficult year and the special circumstances of that, I can announce that if local commanders in Afghanistan determine that they will make alcohol available to Defence Force personnel, that will be made available by Defence ... and it will be at no charge to the Defence personnel concerned.''

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/dig...-1225972394417
    Prolet, are you allowed to drink beer at your workplace...?

Comment

• Prolet
      • Sep 2009

Phoenix, You dont agree? Christmas is a public holiday, these soldiers are there risking their lives in Afghanistan. Alcohol is not allowed however we do go for drinks after work.
      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

Phoenix, You dont agree? Christmas is a public holiday, these soldiers are there risking their lives in Afghanistan. Alcohol is not allowed however we do go for drinks after work.
        Prolet, why aren't you allowed to drink at work...?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Prolet, on an average working day, how many shishlaci do you skull before you actually get home?
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

shameful ! Those young boys are deployed from yankee doodle demanding aus send troops to protect their drug trade and trillion dollar new found mining industry and they are expected to pay for a beer? At christmas when they should not even be there at all ! Eleven dead young men sent home in body bags ! Am sure the fat cats will be pissing on for free !
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by julie View Post
              shameful ! Those young boys are deployed from yankee doodle demanding aus send troops to protect their drug trade and trillion dollar new found mining industry and they are expected to pay for a beer? At christmas when they should not even be there at all ! Eleven dead young men sent home in body bags ! Am sure the fat cats will be pissing on for free !
              Julie, the defence forces have a strict alcohol and drug policy, not that much different from any other workplace (for very obvious reasons)...the story is somewhat of a beat up and I'm not entirely sure if its anywhere near 100% correct, it's interesting that VB quickly jumped on this 'news' and offered to 'donate' beer to the soldiers...hmmm

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                Prolet, why aren't you allowed to drink at work...?
                Is that after the hashish or before?
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  Is that after the hashish or before?
                  Spolaj Ti for the question Risto...

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Interesting how Prolet's gone mysteriously missing right about now, being after work and around beer o'clock and all, lol.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                      Interesting how Prolet's gone mysteriously missing right about now, being after work and around beer o'clock and all, lol.
                      Prolet never goes missing, he's always lurking in the background...

Comment

• Prolet
                        • Sep 2009

SOM, Whats wrong with throwing down a few beers?? The article is about Christmas, Afghanistan is a Muslim Country. These people are away from their families and risking their lives i think they are entitled to free beer. They sleep in tents in humid and cold conditions.

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

SOM, Whats wrong with throwing down a few beers?? The article is about Christmas, Afghanistan is a Muslim Country. These people are away from their families and risking their lives i think they are entitled to free beer. They sleep in tents in humid and cold conditions.
                          Prolet, why can't you drink in your workplace...?

Comment

• fyrOM
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                            Prolet, why can't you drink in your workplace...?
                            Phoenix when is the last time you worked in an office…from what I remember…still pissed a bit…people do have office parties where booze is on the bosses tab…and shock horror…many parties are held in the office…I think they call it the work place. Go and have another drink you might think more straight. Cheers Prolet…bunch of bloody teetotallers.

I think your forgetting the Aussie adage…never do business…or trust…anybody who wont have a drink with you.

Comment

• Phoenix
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
                              Phoenix when is the last time you worked in an office…from what I remember…still pissed a bit…people do have office parties where booze is on the bosses tab…and shock horror…many parties are held in the office…I think they call it the work place. Go and have another drink you might think more straight. Cheers Prolet…bunch of bloody teetotallers.

I think your forgetting the Aussie adage…never do business…or trust…anybody who wont have a drink with you.
                              OziMak, clearly you don't work for any major corporation that has strict workplace laws and a professional working culture but that isn't the point here...the issue here is somewhat clouded by the involvement of the media and a brewery...secondly, defence forces worldwide have very strict alcohol and drug policies (re: "professional working culture" above), if you still haven't got the point, let me put it to you in this way...

A predominantly alpha-male population, devoid of female 'company', operating in a very stressful environment, having access to vast amounts of deadly weapons is possibly not the best group of circumstances to introduce alcohol on a 'free for all' basis...its gonna bring a nasty meaning to 'happy hour' if you know what i mean...

To illustrate my point a little further, I know an English woman who was married to a British commando that served many tours in Nothern Ireland, she disclosed a conversation about a particular off duty drinking session between her ex-husband and some other members of his unit in a quiet little Irish pub, during a somewhat innocent moment of banter amongst 2 of the commandos, one of them casually stood up, pulled out his side arm and placed a bullet between the eyes of one of the other commandos, plastering the guys brain and skull fragments all over the other guys at the table, (including her ex-husband)...

That's what the defence forces try to avoid...and don't give me your shit about office parties where danger doesn't go beyond papercuts to an unsuspecting clerk...
                              Last edited by Phoenix; 12-18-2010, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X