X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Bulgaria claiming Macedonian poet as its own

MKD, Macedonia: Whom does Bulgarian Kirilov lie to – even literary blind person knows Vaptsarov was Macedonian!
    15 November 2012 | 17:20 | FOCUS News Agency

Home / Southeast Europe and Balkans

Skopje. “Poet Nikola Yonkov Vaptsarov remained Macedonian until his death. Bulgarian fascists shot him dead in July 1942, declaring him a state enemy and a terrorist. Even a literary blind person would see that Vaptsarov was a Macedonian,” comments the Macedonian news website MKD.
    “In his song Land Vaptsarov glorifies Macedonia as his native soil and Bulgaria as a country he lived in and he wrote ‘this land I am treading on now, this land awakened by a spring wind, this land – it is not my land, this land, forgive me, is somebody else’s’ [editor’s note: not official translation of the poem].”
    Today in Brussels Bulgarian MEP Evgeni Kirilov organized poetic reading dedicated to Vaptsarov, who was presented to the European parliamentarians as a Bulgarian poet. How would Kirilov explain to the MEPs the lines in the poem Land, which were written in Sofia in 1939 – every word in the poem is full of love for the native land Macedonia, comments MKD and publishes lines from Vaptsarov’s poem.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

Vapcarov is such an underappreciated figure, a legend of the struggle in Pirin Macedonia.
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
      • Apr 2014

Anyone know about Vapcarov's father and his supposed close relation with Bulgarian Tsar Ferdinand I? Supposedly Vapcarov brought a wreath from the Tsar to Jane Sandanski's funeral
      I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

Working...
      X