The Macedonians of Greece, tell it like it is!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

The Macedonians of Greece, tell it like it is!

The Greek government acknowledged: Macedonians living at least in 20 Greek villages - YouTube

This video is very interesting.
    Macedonian Truth Organisation
  • Mastika
    • Feb 2010

It is interesting, was there a newspaper/online article written about this at all?

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

That I do not know, there usually are but who knows.
      If not it needs to be written about.
      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

Daskalot
        Very interesting indeed - the truth as we know it is starting to emerge as more and more macedonians are less afraid to speak up! The revolution is beginning!
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

we have certain greek mto members who come on & refute that there are lot of things that they try to refute but when they see it first hand they can't deny it as their govt is still carrying on & they try to trivialise things & blame the vistims .They don't blame themselves but they blame the victims & deny things are ever happening as if to say you are imagining it or are making it up.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Dejan
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
            we have certain greek mto members who come on & refute that there are lot of things that they try to refute but when they see it first hand they can't deny it as their govt is still carrying on & they try to trivialise things & blame the vistims .They don't blame themselves but they blame the victims & deny things are ever happening as if to say you are imagining it or are making it up.
            Don't you enjoy watching them squirm? Their time in the sun is over, our time is coming.
            You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Mikail
              • Sep 2008

Nice one Daskale
              From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• cultea
                Banned
                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                I'm afraid I don't understand what it's all about. It's from summer of 2010 but there's no translation.

Comment

• Stojacanec
                  • Dec 2009

Cultea, they are basically saying that it is tough being a Macedonian in Greece. People are scared to disclose their identity being a Macedonian. People remain quiet about the subject because they want to keep their jobs and the older generations don't want to ruin their kids chances of finding jobs.

Those that disclose their identity as Macedonian are corrected by the reply, "you can't be you must be a Skopjan" It's also been highlighted that there is no official rebuttal from the Greek government just the usual duress, scare tactics.

On a more positive note, they also say it is not as bad as it used to be some 60 years ago.
                  Last edited by Stojacanec; 09-12-2011, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

Cultea do you understand despite what you say & despite what your govt says there are
                    human rights abuses in greece.Why should you care about it.A person is still abused if they say they are macedonian.Don't give me any of your shit to say oh everything is just dandy for the macedonians.THe last thing the greeks want is to admit that there are macedonians.
                    When the greeks are meant to be macedonian themselves.It's all a made up pretend game that they just call themselves macedonians hoping that people are gullible enough to beleive it.Cultea you pretending not to know by now what's going on is getting to me you been long enough to know that greece does not recognize any macedonian minorities.Nor does it admit to any persecution or denying human rights.What do i say to that your govt is a bunch of nazis.YOu not accepting our message is fact enough that you are swallowing hook line & sinker what the greek govt dishes out.You forget the level your govt stoopped to buy out the journalists with 100's of million dollars to say that macedonia is greek.Cultea you are just insulting us we are not 3 year old children we know what is really going on.We had a similar member by the name of voltron who was in denial like yourself.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by cultea View Post
                      I'm afraid I don't understand what it's all about. It's from summer of 2010 but there's no translation.
                      Why don't you understand?
                      They are Greeks.
                      That is what you call them and what they call themselves around you.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Stojacanec
                        • Dec 2009

Cultea, now that I have translated it for you, what do you think? I am awaiting your response.

Comment

• cultea
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2011

I can’t see anything specific, for a specific comment. We have had long discussions on the general issue. Some I can remember are here (when my username was thessalo-niki):

Greeks got mad when UNESCO stated that Karagoz(a kind of shadow theater) is a Turkish cultural heritage. Greek media is indignant with headlines like "Karagoz has been Turkified", "UNESCO gave turkish passport to Karagoz". Even some of them demanded from Greek officials to immediately negotiate the issue

(pages 3 and 4)

http://www.promacedonia.org/en/hb/index.html An interesting read. At first I thought he's slightly pro-Bulgarian, then I read some other parts. He seems to have a good word and many bad ones for everyone in Macedonia. That's good! _____________________________________________ Odysseas Elytis - Our name is our soul

(in which I’m eventually banned, that was an overall good thread)

Comment

• makedonche
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by cultea View Post
                            I can’t see anything specific, for a specific comment. We have had long discussions on the general issue. Some I can remember are here (when my username was thessalo-niki):

Greeks got mad when UNESCO stated that Karagoz(a kind of shadow theater) is a Turkish cultural heritage. Greek media is indignant with headlines like "Karagoz has been Turkified", "UNESCO gave turkish passport to Karagoz". Even some of them demanded from Greek officials to immediately negotiate the issue

(pages 3 and 4)

http://www.promacedonia.org/en/hb/index.html An interesting read. At first I thought he's slightly pro-Bulgarian, then I read some other parts. He seems to have a good word and many bad ones for everyone in Macedonia. That's good! _____________________________________________ Odysseas Elytis - Our name is our soul

(in which I’m eventually banned, that was an overall good thread)
                            Cultea
                            You can't see anything specific? Your hippocracy is astounding! Let me quote you from the threads you yourself have quoted here :-

The first step for your “Macedonian nation in Greece” is for them, to recognize themselves (and we will follow or at least respect it).
                            So now that we have the evidence of a Macedonian living in Greece self determining himself as non greek and Macedonian only, show me your respect for it, or how you intend to follow!
                            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Stojacanec
                              • Dec 2009

Cultea, after I have given you a consice outline of what was said in the video you reply like a typical Greek, with complete contempt for what he has to say.

But don't feel bad, after all it is your government's racist policy.

I find it stupid that I need to be dictated by a Greek whose forfathers have come to Aeg Macedonia under a population swap less than 100 years ago - what is means to be a Macedonian.

Even though I have a proven existance well before then.
                              Last edited by Stojacanec; 09-14-2011, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X