The Macedonians of Greece, tell it like it is!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cultea
    Banned
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
    1. You can't see anything specific? Your hippocracy is astounding! Let me quote you from the threads you yourself have quoted here :-

2. So now that we have the evidence of a Macedonian living in Greece self determining himself as non greek and Macedonian only, show me your respect for it, or how you intend to follow!
    1. I can't see what this man says. This could be included in one of the many similar threads. We have also discussed allegations about discriminations in work etc, where I basically deny it. Unless, there's something specific, I have nothing more to add. I can't easily locate all my old posts.

2. This isn't about ONE man. My comment was about the ambiguity that there are many people, having a specific national conscience, who don't reveal it. I was saying this is basically revealed through Rainbow Party, but you never find their numbers satisfactory. It was about accepting & respecting the existence of a sizable population, not accepting their opinions.
    http://www.promacedonia.org/en/hb/index.html An interesting read. At first I thought he's slightly pro-Bulgarian, then I read some other parts. He seems to have a good word and many bad ones for everyone in Macedonia. That's good! _____________________________________________ Odysseas Elytis - Our name is our soul

Originally posted by Stojacanec View Post
    Cultea, after I have given you a consice outline of what was said in the video you reply like a typical Greek, with complete contempt for what he has to say.
    I believe all these issues have been discussed in the links I gave you on the same topic. I still can't see what I'm missing here.

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

Cultea
      As usual your true colours are showing themseves again. I point out your hippocracy and provide you evidence, I then give you the opportunity to demonstrate your ability to be objective/rational/reasonable and all you can do is provide further hippocracy! That's fine, your hippocracy is right here for all to see, along with your constant denial of facts and truth - not too dissimilar to your denial of anything you don't agree with - regardless of the facts!

I can't easily locate all my old posts.
      You seem to be able to find old posts when it's convenient for you?

This isn't about ONE man. My comment was about the ambiguity that there are many people, having a specific national conscience, who don't reveal it. I was saying this is basically revealed through Rainbow Party, but you never find their numbers satisfactory. It was about accepting & respecting the existence of a sizable population, not accepting their opinions.
      This whole issue is not about numbers it's about oppression, it's about people's right to self determination and the right to speak about discriminative practices that have been in place for many years, it's about fear - the type of fear that keeps people from speaking their mind for fear of retribution! If you read the definition provoded for you you will see he doesn't only speak about himself he is talking about many people! So how many of these videos do you require before you accept the reality of thios situation and of the Macedonians in Greece?

I believe all these issues have been discussed in the links I gave you on the same topic. I still can't see what I'm missing here.
      All these issues are continually in discussion - this is merely more evidence - evidence which you clearly fail to acknowledge or accept as real. You can't see what your'e mising? - I'm not surprised, you lack the ability to see many things - just because you have eyes/eyesight doesn't mean you can see!
      Thank you for allowing me to demonstrate to everyone reading this your obvious hippocracy!
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• cultea
        Banned
        • Jul 2011

This whole issue is not about numbers it's about oppression, it's about people's right to self determination and the right to speak about discriminative practices that have been in place for many years, it's about fear - the type of fear that keeps people from speaking their mind for fear of retribution! If you read the definition provoded for you you will see he doesn't only speak about himself he is talking about many people! So how many of these videos do you require before you accept the reality of thios situation and of the Macedonians in Greece?
        I gave you twice an older link where I say something similar to what this man probably says:
        "Identifying with the rest of their Macedonian kinsmen" as vaguely put, is also legal and allowed, but, depending on what you mean, may be disapproved or criticised. Let's just say, that the timing is the worst ever, since our countries are now some sort of enemies. I have to note that Rainbow Party has been overcautious about that. They keep some distance and often emphasize (under complicated arguments) that they are an ethnic minority, not the minority of a foreign country in Greece (or something like that). In Greece, many persons or activities will often be slurred as filoskopiani (i.e. pro-Skopjans), yet from your POV I don’t know if that’s good or bad.

Thank you for allowing me to demonstrate to everyone reading this your obvious hippocracy!
        The Greek words suffer here. It’s hypocrisy and unlike Philip, it has nothing to do with hippos. Is it that besides the correct spelling you don’t know the meaning of the word?
        What on earth do you mean? Say it in English!

The older videos I can remember (like two from Greek TV shows), were in Greek or had an English translation. This one hasn’t. You gave me a generic description that adds nothing more to the numerous discussions we’ve had. Thus, I have only generic comments.

I’m not avoiding this topic, and if you have specific questions I’d be glad to answer them.
        Last edited by cultea; 09-15-2011, 01:23 AM.

Comment

• makedonche
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by cultea View Post
          I gave you twice an older link where I say something similar to what this man probably says:
          "Identifying with the rest of their Macedonian kinsmen" as vaguely put, is also legal and allowed, but, depending on what you mean, may be disapproved or criticised. Let's just say, that the timing is the worst ever, since our countries are now some sort of enemies. I have to note that Rainbow Party has been overcautious about that. They keep some distance and often emphasize (under complicated arguments) that they are an ethnic minority, not the minority of a foreign country in Greece (or something like that). In Greece, many persons or activities will often be slurred as filoskopiani (i.e. pro-Skopjans), yet from your POV I don’t know if that’s good or bad.

The Greek words suffer here. It’s hypocrisy and unlike Philip, it has nothing to do with hippos. Is it that besides the correct spelling you don’t know the meaning of the word?
          What on earth do you mean? Say it in English!

The older videos I can remember (like two from Greek TV shows), were in Greek or had an English translation. This one hasn’t. You gave me a generic description that adds nothing more to the numerous discussions we’ve had. Thus, I have only generic comments.

I’m not avoiding this topic, and if you have specific questions I’d be glad to answer them.
          Cultea
          I'll make it easier for you, here's a definition of hypocrite for you:-

Definition of HYPOCRITE
          1: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
          2: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
          Now because of your aversion to the facts and continual life of denial I'll point out the relevant part of the definition I am referring to, it's item number 2 in the above quote (but doesn't necessarily rule out item 1 either)!
          Your stated beliefs being the "willingness to respect and follow" the stated beliefs of the "Macedonian nation in Greece". The video clearly shows and has been explained to you that it contains a Macedonian talking about many other Macedonians who are not Greek but live in Greece and have not declared their rights or claimed them from fear of retribution towards themselves, their children and their ability to gain employment. So while you pretend to be ready to "respect" and " follow" them, you have displayed the exact opposite by denying them respect and failing to acknowledge them, let alone follow them! You don't even have the courage to acknowledge they exist, let a lone showing them any respect!
          I have a specific question for you:- Why do you contiually fail to acknowledge or respect that these people do exist and are not Greek and have never been Greek - unless by force - and self identify as Macedonians who are not Greek and have never been Greek and have the generational proof to back up their claims?

The Greek words suffer here.
          Greek words? Dream on!
          Middle English ypocrite, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin hypocrita
          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by cultea View Post
            I have to note that Rainbow Party has been overcautious about that. They keep some distance and often emphasize (under complicated arguments) that they are an ethnic minority, not the minority of a foreign country in Greece (or something like that).
            How can they be a minority of a foreign country when they have been living in the same place for at least 100 years? Your country invaded and annexed their lands, does this make them a minority of a foreign country? Yes they are a minority in a foreign country, namely in Greece. The Macedonians whos lands have been annexed by Greece and thus have been made a minority in their own land, are the "skeletons in the closet" which Greece need to recognise!
            Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

Well said Daskalot.the macedonians in greece are being ignored,from mere lip service to no recognition at all.The last thing the greeks want is a fully functioning macedonian political party.How that will function in a country of oppression like greece i would not know.A place where even the census figures are concocted to show that there are no macedonians.When in fact prior to annexation macedonians were the majority & the greeks numbered only 10%.You hit the nail on the head regarding skeletons in their closet that the greeks do not want to admit.
              Last edited by George S.; 09-15-2011, 09:14 AM. Reason: ed
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
              X